FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Success

Che
In your personal opinion, what is success for you? At what peak in your life would you say, I am successful?
Sunny
When I own Microsoft, Simple as that !!!
Che
sunny wrote:
When I own Microsoft, Simple as that !!!

hahaha that sounds like something sunny...

//they say that thinking is the hardest job in the universe, and consequently no many do so.
budazz
im a successful when im already working and earning money...
but for now my success is ive already created my website...im happy about that...and still update it....: ) Very Happy
Monkeydog
When I can live my life and don't have to worry about the future.
boringest
when i can retire at 30 years old with at least 5 million dollars in my bank account, have a nice house, a yacht, a Mercedes CLS, a Porsche and a good wife =)
thadnation
when I make enough to live well
Jaan
a big part of it is money and independence, and doing what you love
Libby
I feel really successful right now... very happy and satisfied!! I know what I want and how I'm going to get it. I know that even if I don't get what I want right now, it'll be because it turns out that wasn't what I wanted in the first place, and I'll find something better! I've been pushing my boundaries and trying new things and most of them have worked out fine so far, if not in the ways I've planned... I have friends and family and good health... I'm a great success! Very Happy

But maybe it's just Christmas cheer making me feel this way. ^_^
burn
When I finally finish this darn Assassins Creed on 360! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhh Confused
biljap
For me, success is when you have a job you like, when you earn enough to be independent and when you have somebody who cares about you! Wink
ocalhoun
thadnation wrote:
when I make enough to live well

Wow, a 3 year resurrection... impressive.

Personally, success means I'm a horse.
Keran
burn wrote:
When I finally finish this darn Assassins Creed on 360! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhh Confused

For me success would be finally owning x360 AND Assassins creed with it ;p I'm so close to achieving this life long goal ^^
shkumbin
For me success is when I find a job that I really like and am good at it, to be happy with my family and friends and have a million bucks hhahahahha

Shkumbin
ptfrances
To success is in my mind to find your own way to be happy in every part of life: Love, Family, Work, ...
Wink
Nameless
Success is not a peak. Success is a series of everyday victories and achievements, each one augmenting the last.
SRBuckey5266
I believe in my own opinion, sucess is: Having a nice family, a good Job, and cool pet! Very Happy
shindig
Married with kids, just payed off the mortgage, financially secure enough to travel, working by choice and not by dire neccessity. Yep.
crimson_aria
Success for me is when I'm already satisfied, better if delighted, with my life and that I don't have any regrets.
missdixy
Success for me:

1. Enough money to support myself and maybe help support a family
2. Good education, continually learning, helped change the world in some positive way.
3. Happy
vineeth
For me, success is defined as "A physical and mental state in which I feel absolute satisfaction. I should have obtained that, which once obtained leaves nothing to be obtained".

Hmm... Philosophy??
sana618
well i think men is that kind of animal who is never satisfied with any one kind of success..... the more he gets the more he wants..... no peace of mind at all....the ultimate satisfaction too is hindred with what next question.....
so in my opinion..... success is that where a person manages to make peace with himself or with his inner self... in other words peace of mind....
deanhills
Think I relate to Libby. I feel successful the way I am. I have my freedom, independence, good health and Frihost! Smile
Melacos
If I'm to define it more precisely, I'd say it's a situational concept to me. Whenever I achieve something that I'd either been fighting for or simply something that takes me by surprise, I feel succes. Though for every victory, new goals arise, and the former achievements usually become part of the background in some sense.
So to me it's - as everything else - relative.
Bluedoll
Success for me is . . . by Bluedoll

Success is directly related to a goal desired. If I don't have a goal, don't even think of success. I don't necessarily have to achieve my goal to feel successful but do have to give my time and effort to feel that way.

When looking to others I see successful people who have overcome obstacles, those that accomplished something worthwhile and also those who are well balanced, happy human beings.
Gonzalo
Humm...when you achieve freeing cuba from Batista?

Edited:

To get...Castro? xD
Vladalf
When I can do the things I love, have good proffit and no worries.
...That sounds really SF.
PatTheGreat42
Success if being happy and being crazy intelligent. Good times.
Afaceinthematrix
boringest wrote:
when i can retire at 30 years old with at least 5 million dollars in my bank account, have a nice house, a yacht, a Mercedes CLS, a Porsche and a good wife =)

A little ambitious, eh? I see a lot of people here bank on material possessions as their sign of success.

As for myself, I have one goal in life. One real goal. My one goal is to go on an entire journey around the world (that I've been planning for quite some time) that involves me hiking on every continent. Once I graduate college, I'm planning on leaving. Once I have finished this trip, I will be able to call myself truly successful.

I've always also had a dream of being a chess grandmaster. I have a relatively high level of skill in the game of chess, but I am far from grandmaster level. I will most likely never make it to that level because I was not born a prodige (as most grandmasters are); I had to work my ass off to get to the level that I'm at.
psycosquirrel
Nameless wrote:
Success is not a peak. Success is a series of everyday victories and achievements, each one augmenting the last.

Nameless summarized it perfectly.

The degree of your overall success depends on your acts from every day before it.
Xanatos
psycosquirrel wrote:
Nameless wrote:

Nameless summarized it perfectly.

The degree of your overall success depends on your acts from every day before it.

Very true. Every major goal is but a series of smaller goals all roled into one. Although I think that there will come a point where your success will peak. At some time you won't be able to compund on your previous success anymore. And thats okay. That is why we all must try our best before we hit that point.