FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Annoying beeping noise.

ParsaAkbari
When I turn my laptop on it comes up with this constand loud beeping noise.

It usually happen when it gets to the loading part saying:
"Primary master"
MeddlingMonk
Does the laptop get beyond trying to detect the Primary Master (as in load Windows or whatever OS you're using)? Or does it just freeze at that screen?

If the machine simply freezes there or prints out an error message about an invalid system disk, it could be that your hard disk has failed, in which case the laptop cannot find a drive to boot from.
ParsaAkbari
I think thats the problem, the strange thing is sometimes it loads up sometimes it doesnt.
Kelvin
like meddlingmonk said... chances are your hard disk drive is nearing the end of its lifespan or it could also be a connection problem with your had disk drive. My company has a desktop with the similar problem. It boots up sometimes and at times it can't detect the HDD. So i need to check the connection and sometimes give it a whack or two Wink Turn back the power and it boots up.

I woudln't suggest you whacking your notebook though as the componenets are much more sensitive and may be permanently damaged through that action.