FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Screen Video recording software

omantye
Can anybody tell me where i can find a program the video of my computer. I mean when I move the mouse cursor, the video also gets recorded?
assailant
Try CamStudio : http://camstudio.org . It's free, fast and very lightweight to use.
If you want to record games, the best bet is: WeGame [http://wegame.com]. It is the best screen recording software I've ever used.. but then it records only a specific list of games, which is quite sad Sad

CamStudio seems to be your best bet now. If you don't mind spending a few bucks, Camtasia Studio is the best software around, IMHO.

This list will help you make a good choice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_screencasting_software [it also contains a few free screen recording software]
dawei
If you are under windows, I strongly recommend "Adobe Captivate". It is really great, especially for making video tutorials. It outputs flash format, which is also convenient for internet browsing.

Why not search for a introduction for this?
r4inm4ker
I also recommend Camstudio. It's simple and intuitive to use. The captured quality is also good, although you need different compression (With virtualdub for example) for better size/quality ratio.
neolite
I use camstudio. It is preety nice and useful. I think it is the best choice for you. It can save the video in flash format for internet posting also. It can also save it in avi format.
khanzin
Try Cantasia, but it is a shareware
abcxyz1
true Razz camstudio is best
silverdown
Camtasia Studio TechSmith's Screen Recording Software is is good too www.techsmith.com
inindix
Yeah I think it is the best screen recording software too....

If you want a free program try Hypercam. It is very easy to use but after a while you will be asked to pay. It gives you a trail for a while, the problem is that the quality is not that great but it is good for beginners that need to capture a simple clip.
vivianflv
really good.
weableandbob
Hypercam 2 or camstudio are about the only good free ones, although I've heard of a site called screen toaster that might work.
jinnixue
I recommend Screen2exe, which is a tiny software which is only 1Mb, and it's also FREE.

It can record your total screen, cropped area, active screen, record audio, mouse movement and click, and add notes.

but it can only publish the recorded content to .exe file, that is its advantage but also shortage. You do not need any other players to play it, but you cannot edit it further in other softwares.

Pls visit this site for details:

http://www.screen-record.com/

Seems the latest version can save to .SWF format now.
forkei
jinnixue wrote:
I recommend Screen2exe, which is a tiny software which is only 1Mb, and it's also FREE.

It can record your total screen, cropped area, active screen, record audio, mouse movement and click, and add notes.

but it can only publish the recorded content to .exe file, that is its advantage but also shortage. You do not need any other players to play it, but you cannot edit it further in other softwares.

Pls visit this site for details:

http://www.screen-record.com/

Seems the latest version can save to .SWF format now.

Thanks ,i also use it
nivinjoy
Wow..This was a new information for me...!! I am gonna try some of these softwares...!! And after trying all i will tell you guys which one is the best...!!
jackill
Thanks for the information, mate Smile Nice software (and free Smile ). I also recommend Wink: http://www.debugmode.com/wink/ Great for software tutorial.
tamilparks
thanks for the very good new information,
Quxx
Camtasia is awesome, I've been using it a lot.
rickylau
I've tried Camtasia for UI evaluation assignment in university, its quite good in the UI design but it only offer 30-day trial for free. I'd rather use CamStudio, which is although not as easy-to-use as Camtasia but totally free.

Ah... One more point, although CamStudio may require some settings before recording, after recording it exports videos directly, while in Camtasia you have to drag the video clip into a timeline like editing video and click quite a lot of "Next" button before exporting... That's also why I would prefer CamStudio.
[FuN]goku
Camtasia is pretty good, easy to use, very user friendly. Costs money.

Camstudio, compact, easy to use and free.

Hypercam, it's alright, I haven't used it in a while... From reading their site, they offer version 2 for free now I think, and version 3 costs.... Meh..

Alternatively, if you're looking for game recording software

Fraps - Probably one of the most commonly used to record games.

WeGame - Haven't used it extensively, but it's sposed to be faster than fraps, or so I've been told.

GameCam - I haven't used it at all..... Know absolutely nothing about it other than the name, and that it has an in-game interface for controlling recording features.

Hope that helps Wink
gairo
Well I used Camtasia as trial but it freeze sometimes so I installed Camstudio that is very compact and easy to use.

Anyway every desktop recording software needs a good PC to work good on: screen recording needs a good CPU and RAM because uses a lot of system resurces. At those resources you have to add the resources used by software you are recording... So in general more performante is your PC better is for using these kind of softwares.

If I'm not wrong, Camstudio can save in flv or swf (flash video files). But few video editing is allowed. So the choice depens on users needs.
So if you need a record only software (or a little bit more) Camstudio is an interesting choice. But if you want to edit Camtasia is OK.

Obviusely if you use Camstudio you can edit recorded video in other video editing software (if you use standard coded to save the video). Otherwise you have the need to convert it in a standard format...

So the best way is experimenting some different softwares and then choice the one you think YOUR better choice, the one that mach better your need.