FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HOW TO: Format Hard Drive With Ubuntu BOOT DISK

eagleswing
If you have obtained a boot disk for Ubuntu, then all you have to do is put the disk in the drive and then restart your computer. A menu will come up that gives you the option of selecting a boot device (FCool or entering Setup (F1). Choose "Select A Boot Device", and then find your CD drive in the options. Then just wait, until a menu pops up, and just go to "boot Ubuntu without making changes to the computer." Wait for it to load, and it will automatically load you as a "Super Administrator." Now, just click on "Applications" at the top left of the screen. Click on "Accessories," and then click on "Terminal." Now just type in "sudo gparted", and this will bring up a partitioning tool, just click on it.
Fire Boar
... and press delete, then click "new" and choose FAT32 or NTFS (for Windows) or EXT2 or EXT3 (for Linux), then click "apply".

Sorry, those instructions just seemed a little bit incomplete.
mehulved
eagleswing wrote:
Now, just click on "Applications" at the top left of the screen. Click on "Accessories," and then click on "Terminal." Now just type in "sudo gparted", and this will bring up a partitioning tool, just click on it.

This can be made easier
Click on System.
Click on administration.
Click on Partition Editor.
Lesser steps and doesn't involve command line operations, as simple as it may be. So, it wouldn't intimidate newbies or those scared of command line.