FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Will it lower speed.

ParsaAkbari
After finding out how amazing frihost is i didnt want to use up thier serverspace.

So will it slow loading times if i host all my images on microsoft Twisted Evil and have a link to my frihost.

I am thinking of moving my domains over to frihost.
assailant
It depends as to how fast the server where you have kept your images. Given the fact that they are Microsoft servers, I think they would be fast enough and would hardly have any noticeable down time. So, in that case, you could try moving your images to the Microsoft servers. However, there a few problems here:

1. You won't be able to work with relative paths anymore. With complex applications this can be quite a trouble. However, with a few lines of code, you can handle this. BUT, this also means that every line of code that links to or outputs a file resource needs to be changed. If you have doubts with this statement, ask and I shall give a detailed answer.

2. From the SEO point of view, your images will be tagged by search engines under a different domain and hence it isn't exactly a good idea. What you could do is a server-based redirecting to overcome this, but this method will definitely increase your loading times.

3. Simply put, in later stages it can get difficult to manage.
ParsaAkbari
ah maybe not then. Its not the frihost bandwidth that scares me. Its the upload space.

Cant i spend my points on upload space. evreypoint = 1kb??
assailant
ParsaAkbari wrote:
ah maybe not then. Its not the frihost bandwidth that scares me. Its the upload space.

Cant i spend my points on upload space. evreypoint = 1kb??

I'm afraid that's not a question I can answer Very Happy. Maybe the admins will provide you with an answer soon...
tidruG
No, we have only one account setup. You only get 250MB space and 10GB bandwidth. We don't really sell any more space for points or anything else. But 250MB should really be much more than enough. I had several blogs and forums running, and I still managed not to use up more than 100MB.