FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video of me playing drums!

David_Pardy
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=D0FMaZhngVs

The song is called Alien Hip Hop by On the Virg.

I know it goes out of time in a couple of parts, but that's not actually me going out of time. Long story, couldn't be bothered explaining [Razz] .

Enjoy!
Jrshd
Not bad, not bad.
Flarkis
I'm curious as how it goes out of time but its not you and then goes back into time. Either way this was pretty cool Smile
metalprincess666
good drums Very Happy
froginabox
You're my hero, first of all for doing a Planet X song, secondly for pulling off that intro pretty well - it's a DARN hard pattern on the pedals!

If you want a bigger challenge go for Meshuggah's song "Bleed" - makes the calves burn after about five or six bars.
HackerzInc
Nice, I like your drums. keep up the good playing. Hope you do another song like this one.
David_Pardy
Thanks Jrshd Smile

Flarkis - long story short, I used an old laptop with a different MP3 as the backing track, recording it onto a second laptop, and then re-ripping the MP3 on a third computer which I edited it onto. There must have been a timing problem on one of the two MP3s I used, which is not unexpected. It's an annoyance more than anything.

Thanks MetalPrincess666 Smile

Froginabox - I appreciate your kind comments!! I put a lot of work into the song for a competition, which I didn't get a placing in but that didn't worry me - I was just happy to be there and there are some amazing drummers out there! This is the On the Virg version of the song, by the way, but it's still Virgil on drums!!

I'm not a big fan of Meshuggah, but the song you mentioned is probably too fast for me. One thing I lack is speed, but I'm making that my primary focus now.

HackerzInc - I'm currently working on "Inside Black", which is a Planet X song. It's a bit easier, I *think*, but there's a bit more variation within the track which is going to take a lot of work, and I've been slacking off with my practise since I've gone on holidays!!
ramgottwallpapers
Nice playing Laughing I Like it Wink