FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do u think ur girlfriend materialistic?

leat397
Shocked Many forum in Hong Kong were dicussing how bad is girl and men in Hong Kong tend to married with the girls from mainland China.
The ultimate argument was that they found HK girl were too materialistic.:" They loves Branded" "They urges me to bought a car desipte Hong Kong is a tiny city with developed transport network." They looks on your wallet rather than your personality"
wistom
i dont think so , i from the mainland. i heard some about this, but not the men in Hong Kong tend to married with the girls from mainland. They worked in mainland and so..That's normal.
leat397
so, what's your comment on the girls in HONG KONG?
frozenhead
Im Asian.. and really?.. I dunno that's the ultimate arguement why?..

Oh well.. I gonna watch this topic! Wink
rexrae
My opinion is that girls are better if they are less materialistic and more spiritualistic.They will turn out to be great companions in family life.

It is just not the case in HongKong.Almost in any urban , high development environment if one wants to lead a meaningful family life having equal importance to materialism and spiritualism then atleast one of the two partners should be strongly spiritualistic, if not atleast a caring compassionate one.
i am an east-indian and the general phenomenon i am seeing in most city school girls are they are nurtured in a way to be competing at the same level as boys.This competition at lower levels of education can be justified but as they mature they do not learn that education and winning is not everything. Some lose track of what a meaningful life is(which according to me is not making more money).so they tend to go for easy pickings,rich guy=easy-good life while not so rich guy=not so easy life.
While in semi-urban rural or orthodox areas girls are still nurtured in a way that they can cope better in a family life,they tend to be more spiritualistic,compassionate and caring because they were taught to cope with difficulties that their conditions put them in.
But these are just external conditions,you do not judge a person by where she lives.My own filter in these matter is that i can tell if a girl is good for me or not by looking at her eyes.Soulfull people tend to maintain eye contact while materialistic people tend to slip away, more.
As for the wallet part,its a human tendency to move towards a more better environment.People grow inside only as they age,so a few weeks relationship can tell if a person is or is not the right type.Watch if they grow with you up or you go down with them.
boringest
i guess most girls who are born in major cities in Asia are too pampered and so they demand more...luckily my gf's very understanding =)
hahame
yes,hk is a good city in the world ,every things in that are so dear,but many people are line to jump to the city ,just for money ,not for love ,if a girl can marrige to a man in hk,she's family will have a good life in mainland of china.because the girl can sent some money to their parents.more times the money are enough to make a good life
budazz
i love my girlfriend...and dont see anything like that to her.... Smile
airh3ad
Ever since and i noticed mostly the girls are material things...
bab3ilovu
my opinion is that girlz is the same as men, whatever they do, there would be some men who do the same thing...
lockwolf
I hate being a guy cuz I get asked this question by fellow peers all the time. Its now about what she is (Looks, Clothes, Money, Ect.), its about who she is. Its one thing to have a girlfriend that you are only going out with for the money, popularity, whatever but its so much better when you know that she is someone you really enjoy to be around even if she was rich, poor, popular, unpopular, beautiful, ugly, or whatever.

Really, its now what, its who.

Jeez I feel smart for a 14 year old!
monty
well everyone have ther own opinion....
dont they have ....
jr_hidayat
and we must regard each of them
myth-plan
rexrae wrote:
My opinion is that girls are better if they are less materialistic and more spiritualistic.They will turn out to be great companions in family life.

It is just not the case in HongKong.Almost in any urban , high development environment if one wants to lead a meaningful family life having equal importance to materialism and spiritualism then atleast one of the two partners should be strongly spiritualistic, if not atleast a caring compassionate one.
i am an east-indian and the general phenomenon i am seeing in most city school girls are they are nurtured in a way to be competing at the same level as boys.This competition at lower levels of education can be justified but as they mature they do not learn that education and winning is not everything. Some lose track of what a meaningful life is(which according to me is not making more money).so they tend to go for easy pickings,rich guy=easy-good life while not so rich guy=not so easy life.
While in semi-urban rural or orthodox areas girls are still nurtured in a way that they can cope better in a family life,they tend to be more spiritualistic,compassionate and caring because they were taught to cope with difficulties that their conditions put them in.
But these are just external conditions,you do not judge a person by where she lives.My own filter in these matter is that i can tell if a girl is good for me or not by looking at her eyes.Soulfull people tend to maintain eye contact while materialistic people tend to slip away, more.
As for the wallet part,its a human tendency to move towards a more better environment.People grow inside only as they age,so a few weeks relationship can tell if a person is or is not the right type.Watch if they grow with you up or you go down with them.

quite agree !!

My girlfriend
leat397
Absolutely true that girls (in fact, people...) grown in developed cities were born to be materialistic. They live without scarcity and no consideration on hunger but a better dinner instead.

A deeper thought was that when I have such feeling, I am also somehow materialistic, too! That's the pain as I realised the problem but can't escape from it. No doubt that I am not saying I don't love my girlfriend. Anyway, I have such feeling and that is!

Econoics given that we are all selfish. Such assumption has not yet been refuted... we are materialistics, and makes our economy further developed, but the environment feeds our children by materialised concept, and that they would be adapted to this living cuture....and forever.AMEN..
rexrae
Quote:
A deeper thought was that when I have such feeling, I am also somehow materialistic, too! That's the pain as I realised the problem but can't escape from it

Its not at all wrong to be materialistic..not even a little.
But what is wrong is when we are materialistic and...nothing.when that nothing is filled by something spiritualistic,a way of deeper and peaceful knowing and understanding and mutual unconditional love(i mean pure love, without even a little lust, like a baby)-Now thats two-fold development.

Then u will know what to do with your money for your own and also each and every one around you.Being selfish is the general way that man tends to incline because his existence comes first to him.His ego will not let him believe others,only god can make him do that.Yes you need to help yourself first,but then that is 'help' that you are doing and this is what u should be doing to others too.(i know i'm bragging a lot , i don't always do the things i say Mr. Green )

If spiritualism is not there,one will reach a point(usually at 40s or 50s or..60s)where one has attained everything that is needed for a good or a best way of life but it will still seem empty,no matter how much you celebrate,party or socilaize.Old age is the time when paining times are more than joyful times(i mean physical pain and emotional weakness) and those are the times humans turn to help from the unknown - God.and thats why old people are a lot more wiser judging things and a lot good too(i'm only 22).

Quote:
Economics given that we are all selfish. Such assumption has not yet been refuted... we are materialistics, and makes our economy further developed, but the environment feeds our children by materialised concept, and that they would be adapted to this living cuture.

Economics has not yet studied each and every person or community in the world.and that opinion above is not (even if the scientists say it is) taking notice of the whole picture.Even among you materialistics,in your region or in your country there are a lot of spiritualistics that you might not notice.because "birds of the same feather always flock together" .

And who said even developed economies are developed.It depends on individual opinions and satisfaction.Man is never going to develop if he does not develop high inside as the things he develop.Selfishness is directly proportional to indulgence and a byproduct is ego that will act as a bomb sometimes,destroying himself. Selfishness was never endorsed by anyone with a good nature,heart and wisdom.If one remains materialistic one will never understand what is true love,real peace,ultimate satisfaction and the most healthy and fulfilling way of life..and Ultimate truth.

some thinking stuff.
You are what you eat.
A human being is three persons in one-what others think he is,what he thinks he is and what he really is.
Plants develop to animals,animals to man,man to god(Ultimate consciousness)
asim
hi,

no my girl is not materialistic... she loves me and i also love her very much... she's is shopaholic..... but do shop for me... she is sweet.... i missing her, come back
singh.gurjeet
My girlfriend (my beautiful wife) is not materialistic at all... I just feel lucky to have her in my life; not because she is not materialistic, but because she is such a wonderful person....

And yes, as a normal woman, she loves shopping, but mainly for me... Thats why I have to be with her at every shopping expedition, and see to it that I get her something.
Liu
This thread is super old -- but I feel the need to comment on it anyway.

It is true that Chinese girls (from China, and not born in the US), are materialistic -- from first hand experience and friends. Not only are they materialistic, but many are self centered, arrogant, and spoiled.

With everything, there are of course exceptions, however by far and large, the young generation of Mainland China has been brought up this way.
Dean_The_Great
My girlfriend loves me for me... which is good 'cause I'll probably be a starving artist for the next coupla years. But she's cool with that. That makes us perfect. (Well, that and a hundread other things)
Zombie
I don't have a steady girlfriend at the moment. However, I have been spending alot of time with a certain girl... and she does seem materialistic to some degree. I mean, sometimes it seems as if she uses her beauty to get what she wants. And she isn't extremely educated, but she has common sense. The trick with a girl like this is you must pay close attention to her tactics... be sure she is interested in you versus your money. People who are only interested in money don't last long in relationships, and neither does their significant other's wallet.
lrcandy
I am a girl.And to speak honestly, I think i am a little materialistic,coz i love beautiful dresses,shoes,etc.In a word,i like shopping,eating,travelling.and in my opinion,money makes the merry go.Without it ,absolutely I won`t lead a happy life.and i don`t think it is wrong for many girls to be materialitic,coz they have to be more and more beautiful ,charming and elegant to make people like them.and you guys must want to find a beautiful gf,don`t you ? So stop complaining now,own the realistic phenomenon.that`s life
SpellcasterDX
^Expensive clothes and shoes and make-up don't make a girl pretty. Natural beauty is what counts. Not what she wears. Of course her personality and attitude play a big role, too, but the point is natural beauty > fake/materialistic beauty.
utsav2707
i dont hav 2 worry coz i dont have any girlfriend
PatTheGreat42
Me think girlfriend haz rteh good grammer ya?