FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Left 4 Dead

JinTenshi
anyone played this? I find this game rather fun when played with friends, with different kinds of zombie trying to reap your flesh out and you have to cover for each other. Instead of those normal war game where it's rampant nowadays on the market, this somehow feels like a breath of fresh air to me.

It's created with CS:S engine I think (If I'm not wrong, though I could be very...) Weapons are quite limited though, but different scenario does make it fun. Nothing beats shooting mindlessly at zombies rushing at you from two sides and some dropping from on top continuously and you have to fend for your friends and yourself.

Worth considering and spending a bit of time on, if you're not addicted, then oh well, there's always other games. XD
Kunkstar7
I've heard a lot of good about this game, and plan on getting it myself. its always fun killing zombies! the fact that your team is limited to four..well I'm not sure what to think about that.
Fake
One of the best new games out there!
Flarkis
I looked at this game and fell in love. Fighting zombies with 3 other friends while constantly looking over your shoulder to make sure you don't get massacred... The fear aspect starts the adrenaline pumping, its awesome. I can't wait to actually play this game. It looks sweet and I'm sure for gamers like me, it'll be an instant addiction.
Diablosblizz
Simply amazing game, although for the PC I cannot run it properly so the fun has dropped a lot. Still, overall it's an AMAZING game!
Kelcey
I played the demo and didn't really enjoy it. Amazon had it for 20 bucks on black friday and I was really tempted to get it... but I didn't.
Vladalf
Hope I will get it soon. It seems really nice. I remember watching a gameplay video where the survivors were going trough some apartments. The fear factor was very nice.
Vladalf
HackerzInc
Honeslt I have only played the demo so far. I think I will buy the demo very soon but I an not really sure it it was worth it but after I payed the demo, I was definetly going to buy it. I now have it (Have had it for 2 days now) but I have not opened the game yet. I know it is weard but I am going to wait untill I update my 360 so I can install it so it will run better ( should have my wireless adapter in a few days.) Will post and say how the full version is.
enygmasoft
HackerzInc wrote:
Honeslt I have only played the demo so far. I think I will buy the demo very soon but I an not really sure it it was worth it but after I payed the demo, I was definetly going to buy it. I now have it (Have had it for 2 days now) but I have not opened the game yet. I know it is weard but I am going to wait untill I update my 360 so I can install it so it will run better ( should have my wireless adapter in a few days.) Will post and say how the full version is.

I honestly fell in love with the demo since it was amazing fun, It has too many zombies, which was the only complaint I had, becuase I died too quickly.
guissmo
This is a good game. We just played this recently in a net shop (well y'know since it's a LAN game and it'd be easier to play it there rather than volt in four PCs). It was a lot of fun. Haha.
achowles
I was looking forward to this game for a long time. There aren't many zombie games on PC and the Resident Evil ports are all rubbish. So given that I don't have a console, I've been starved of decent zombie killing entertainment.

The game is certainly fun. Great if you've got a decent team with you. The weapons are pretty cliché and there's not much variety but they're pretty well balanced all the same. The graphics engine is looking decidedly dated, but the environment and characters are all nicely modelled and textured. It's just a bit poor in terms of atmospheric effects.

All in all, it's fun. But too short for a full price title. Hopefully they'll add some more value to it over time.
Cove
Great game to play with your friends. Never played solo, but I played with a group and it was a ton of fun. I had a little bit of a negative aspect going into the game (because honestly, another zombie game?) but after playing it I realized how addicting it was. It plays the story out really well and gives you a pretty constant conflict so that you never really get bored. I enjoyed it the whole time Smile
ForceRun
This game is almost perfect. They focused on the maxium coop experance, the whole game play, maps, boss zombies, and so on are focus on coop game play. Give the Verses Mode a try where your team of 4 trades off with another team to play the 4 main boss zombies, and the 4 survivers. It is a ton of fun. Just knowing that you are scairing the daylights out of people and playing the zombies is a one of a kind experance. But even as zombies you really have to work together. Play this game guys, it is by far the best one out.
Vladalf
It's really nice to make a few friends and do a coop with them. The sound, the graphics and the atmosphere are really nice. Tough I do not like the idea of making four characters from wich to choose from, it would have been more interesting to let the players customize their character but that's mostly in rpg games. :p At first the zombies felt really underpowered but in a good team they can be lethal. A smoker grabs one human, the fatty blurs their view, the hunters grab the others, it's really fun when zombies organize themselves. Also in versus mode the humans are really nice to play. Shooting so many hordes of zombies is a nice experience.
Vladalf
driftingfe3s
I just recently played Left 4 Dead a few weeks ago. The game is very fun when you play with friends. The only problem with that game that I found was that seems though the game is really short.
traxion
damm.. that game is sweet

just shoot with friends online at zombies..

what want a man more to have:D
Kelcey
My friend let me play L4D at his place. It was pretty fun. I only played all the campaigns.
madenotborn
I thought this was an amazing game. It wasnt easy at first cause there were SOOOO many zombies but i got used to it and it was awesome. it reminder me of the movie dawn of the dead.
Ghengis
I just got it on the weekend sale -- haven't even got a chance to play it once yet.

If somebody wants to add me, my Steam ID is Ghengis042.
Klaw 2
I played it on xboxlive and it's a really crazy game. When an entire horde comes it's like crazy, you don't even have to aim anymore just spray and hope u get through.
QrafTee
Klaw 2 wrote:
I played it on xboxlive and it's a really crazy game. When an entire horde comes it's like crazy, you don't even have to aim anymore just spray and hope u get through.

If you're satisfied with it on XBL, you would love it on Steam without a shadow of a doubt.
blk3
Seems like a nice game if your online and playing with others. But I don't it won't be much fun if your playing alone. Btw what are the specs for this. I hope my Pc can run it.
Klaw 2
QrafTee wrote:
Klaw 2 wrote:

If you're satisfied with it on XBL, you would love it on Steam without a shadow of a doubt.

I got a steam account but if I can borrow it for free from a friend, well that's an easy choise for me. But maybe I will buy it when half life episode 3 comes out and it is an package with those games and maybe some others too.

blk3 wrote:
Seems like a nice game if your online and playing with others. But I don't it won't be much fun if your playing alone. Btw what are the specs for this. I hope my Pc can run it.

The specs are:
Wikipedia wrote:

3.0 GHz processor,
1 GB RAM,
128 MB DirectX 9.0 graphics card,
Pixel Shader 2.0 support,
DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card[1]
achowles
You can't borrow a PC version of Left 4 Dead unless he gives you his account details. Even then it's a bit dodgy. Obviously you'd have to make sure you weren't using the account at the same time, for one thing.

Your PC should be able to run it, but it might be wise to keep the screen resolution down a bit.
Ghengis
I think he might have meant "I *could* buy the PC version on Steam, but if I plan on playing the 360 version I am able to borrow it from a friend instead", since 360 games aren't locked to a single system (yet...). That's the thing I like least about digital distribution -- they stomp all over Right of First Sale.
achowles
I take it you haven't read a EULA any time recently? Games stopped having any end user rights a long time ago on any platform. Being digitally distributed, Steam games just make that more obvious than it is normally.
Ghengis
At least when your game is on physical media, you retain right of first sale on that media -- digital downloads are convenient, but they're allowed to do much more with the license than they can get away with for disc games.
Smiddie
The graphic aren't very nice but it's an very cool game. Smile Playing with friend online is very cool to. There is one negative point: There aren't very much online modes Sad
Ghengis
There's going to be a free DLC pack coming next month that has one new map/level and one new mode. I kinda agree that for full retail price, it's a tiny bit skimpy. But I got it on the half-off Steam sale, and for 25 bucks I really can't complain!
achowles
Ghengis wrote:
At least when your game is on physical media, you retain right of first sale on that media -- digital downloads are convenient, but they're allowed to do much more with the license than they can get away with for disc games.

There's a difference between being able to and retaining rights. The difference is that in most cases you don't have resale rights. But there's nothing stopping you from reselling anyway as most publishers don't enforce that restriction. Some, like Stardock, openly support consumer rights. But even their games are lacking in resale rights as they use their own equivalent to Steam.

So, you see, the only difference is that you're more aware of the restrictions when they are actually enforced.
Ghengis
The thing is, companies can write their EULA however they want, but if you purchase physical media, you absolutely do have a Right of First Sale on that media whether they try to tell you you do or not. The EULA cannot take that right away from you, just as you couldn't be made a slave by signing a contract saying that you were. The right to resell physical things that you buy is a fundamental right that cannot be taken away by a cleverly-worded contract.
ForceRun
Just buy the game from steam, because it is a super sweet game, well worth the money. I have put more than 300 hours into the game sense it came out so for me it was well worth the money. Also Steam does lower the price from time to time. Like a few weekends ago the game was on sell for 3 days only for $25. So look for the sells.
achowles
Ghengis wrote:
The thing is, companies can write their EULA however they want, but if you purchase physical media, you absolutely do have a Right of First Sale on that media whether they try to tell you you do or not. The EULA cannot take that right away from you, just as you couldn't be made a slave by signing a contract saying that you were. The right to resell physical things that you buy is a fundamental right that cannot be taken away by a cleverly-worded contract.

What you can't sell is the rights to the intellectual properties that you gain from purchasing in the first place. So yes, you could sell a DVD box, manual and shiny coaster, but not the rights to use the media on said coaster. The only way you'd retain right of first sale if if you did not agree to the EULA while installing the game. That way, yes you would still have the right to sell the game.

I think what you're overlooking is: what you're buying. You're buying rights to use copyrighted intellectual property. For someone else to buy that, they'd have to buy from the company or through an authorised retailer. Anything else and the company that made it doesn't see any money. So as far as they're concerned it's little different than pirating it.

Sure, most publishers don't restrict resale. But Sony sure as hell does and EA are doing their level best with DRM to kill off not only the possibility of resale but the right of the customer to use that product indefinitely.

Don't forget that an increasing number of Steam only games are also available as boxed copies also. So that by itself proves you wrong about what rights you have just because it's a boxed copy.

Oh and yes, I do buy a lot of games second hand. I'm not preaching here. I just know I don't have anything in the way of legit rights to those games.
Ghengis
Are you (achowles) from the United States? The point I was trying to make is that copyright court has upheld your right to resell your *license* to the use of copyrighted material, on physical media, whether the grantor of that license (the copyright holder) claims to restrict that right or not. In simple terms, Sony et al can claim in their EULA that they do not permit you to resell your license, but that statement carries no legal weight and is an unenforceable contract. I don't want to drag the argument out, but at the very least it's a legal grey area. I assure you that the CEO of Gamestop would back me up -- selling a used game (and the license that goes with it!) is settled case law.