FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

When is the next Google PR Update ??

sambhav
Hey All,

Can anyone tell me When is the next Google PR Update ??
the-guide
Normally Google update PR every 3 to 4 month and I think the next update will come very soon, I'm now waiting for the update too. Smile
winmark
It occurs on quarterly basis ... m not sure but it should be coming within one month.
the-guide
Recently, Google PR updated again. How about your site?
sketteksalfa
Yeah, i also think it is 3 months at least. I waited for my site and pr appears that long.
riccopt
I don't knwo how often they update the PR... and you must know that PR is not that important...

I have sites that are PR0 that have over 1000 uniques per day.... and sites that are PR3 that have only 100 uniques per day...

what is better? MORE TARFFIC... In My Opinion: PR is just a FANCY thing...
truespeed
riccopt wrote:
I don't knwo how often they update the PR... and you must know that PR is not that important...

I have sites that are PR0 that have over 1000 uniques per day.... and sites that are PR3 that have only 100 uniques per day...

what is better? MORE TARFFIC... In My Opinion: PR is just a FANCY thing...

My site is like that,PR of 0 but traffic over 3000 uniques a day,and your right to say traffic is more important,but it would still be nice to have the PR.
joostvane
Excuse me guys,

Whats a PR? Seriously I have no idea Razz
riccopt
joostvane wrote:
Excuse me guys,

Whats a PR? Seriously I have no idea Razz

PR = PAGE RANK
that is one of google's thing to rank sites... but the fact that your site has a HIGH PR doesn't mean it will have a better position on GOOGLE than sites with a lower PR....
the-guide
Google PAGE RANK indicate how important your site considered by Google, its value rank from 0 to 10 and the more value show the more important of your site.
truespeed
the-guide wrote:
Google PAGE RANK indicate how important your site considered by Google, its value rank from 0 to 10 and the more value show the more important of your site.

In theory yeah,but some search terms for my site,place my site with a PR of 0,higher than a site with a PR as high as 4 for the same search term.

So overall i am not really sure how having a high PR benefits you.
riccopt
truespeed wrote:
the-guide wrote:

In theory yeah,but some search terms for my site,place my site with a PR of 0,higher than a site with a PR as high as 4 for the same search term.

So overall i am not really sure how having a high PR benefits you.

exactly... PR is calculated by the amount of sites linking to your site... it is more about "popularity" than about relevance...
distantship
Google just updated page rank at the end of May, 2009, I think it's earlier than expected by most people, anyone know if it's just another minor update or a major one? Do anybody know when would be the next major update? Also, I am thinking that maybe google would update more frequently than before....since I've noticed that there are plenty of minor PR update going on in the last couples of months and even the major one had come earlier than it used to be....any thoughts on this?? anyone??