FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

could you please review my site?

Xaferrow
Visit www.conra.cn

I've just made it last month and got it hosted at other free hosting site. But that hosting site down for almost one month. So i decide to find another place. And voila, i found www.frihost.com and get my site hosted on now.

This is the story of my www.conra.cn:
Conra, planet located at The Canis Major Dwarf galaxy, and is now thought to be the closest neighbouring galaxy to our location in Milky Way.
Being located about 25,000 light-years away from our solar system. Although relatively close to the earth, The Canis Major Dwarf galaxy was difficult to detect as it is located behind the plane of the Milky Way, where concentrations of stars, gas, and dust are densest.
Thats why we never heard anything about Conra. Conra was a such beautiful planet as our Earth. Conra had incredible technology that uncomparable and always grew up till THAT happen.
Virus spread out through over Conra, infecting almost all creatures. There were no explanations about this virus, all infected transformed into beasts and monsters, all modern technology were destroyed, back to medieval age,,. There were only 8 towns, inhabited by smart creatures just like human, named Cornus.

Are you ready to take your adventure to live in Conra?? Kill as much monsters as you can, be the best and famous Cornus all over the Conra. Destiny is in your hand

Feel interested??? take look at www.conra.cn
Cool Cool Cool Very Happy
jylan
I think no-one has answered because there are some basic problems on the home page:

For a start, there is no clear indication of what the website actually is. There is a story, but it blends in with everything else and doesn't really explain that your website is actually a game.

Secondly, the only real content on the homepage is a big login form, which would turn many people off at first glance. You really need some images and a better explanation of what the website is all about.
Xaferrow
jylan wrote:
I think no-one has answered because there are some basic problems on the home page:

For a start, there is no clear indication of what the website actually is. There is a story, but it blends in with everything else and doesn't really explain that your website is actually a game.

Secondly, the only real content on the homepage is a big login form, which would turn many people off at first glance. You really need some images and a better explanation of what the website is all about.

wow, thanks!

i'll add 'Take a Tour' page and some modification with index page,
ftv_flung
liangei wrote:
I would like to find good free hosting!
I need it!

errr... yeah? that's what Frihost is all about Smile

but yeah Xaferrow, if you make it clearer what your site is about, and give users incentives to join, it'll work great!
Xaferrow
ftv_flung wrote:
liangei wrote:
I would like to find good free hosting!
I need it!

errr... yeah? that's what Frihost is all about Smile

but yeah Xaferrow, if you make it clearer what your site is about, and give users incentives to join, it'll work great!

ive already do that, so take a look:D
jylan
Its looking better Xaferrow, but I think the text describing what Conra is about on the home page needs to be a bit bigger. Also you might want to try using a different font like Garamond, Palatino, Georgia or Trebuchet MS.

The 3 nav buttons just below the header would look better if they were centred, and the whole header would be nicer if it stood out a bit as well, with a different background colour and maybe a border just beneath it.
Xaferrow
jylan wrote:
Its looking better Xaferrow, but I think the text describing what Conra is about on the home page needs to be a bit bigger. Also you might want to try using a different font like Garamond, Palatino, Georgia or Trebuchet MS.

The 3 nav buttons just below the header would look better if they were centred, and the whole header would be nicer if it stood out a bit as well, with a different background colour and maybe a border just beneath it.

Thanx for the review Very Happy i'll improve that ASAP
Xaferrow
Now, its been changed to www.conra.cn

with new look and design Very Happy
GB
It certainly has promise and it looks like you're getting players. I think that you could do a few things to do even better. First, the text on the home page is still quite small. I'd also like to see more space between the paragraphs to make it easier to read.

The links section is distracting for me, all those bright colors really pull me out of my suspension of disbelief.

I'd like to see more pages about the game at some point in time as your community grows. I'd like to know more about the game, more about the characters, more about the world. Just develop the back story a bit.

Also, have you thought about going mobile with this? It seems to me like it would be a great idea to develop this into a place where you could allow players to play on their phones. Since it is text-based, it should be easier.

Anyway, good luck and have fun with it.
Xaferrow
GB wrote:
It certainly has promise and it looks like you're getting players. I think that you could do a few things to do even better. First, the text on the home page is still quite small. I'd also like to see more space between the paragraphs to make it easier to read.

ok, ok. could be done

GB wrote:
The links section is distracting for me, all those bright colors really pull me out of my suspension of disbelief.

i've just removed the Distracting link

[quote="GB"
I'd like to see more pages about the game at some point in time as your community grows. I'd like to know more about the game, more about the characters, more about the world. Just develop the back story a bit.
[/quote]
umm, ok ok. i will stronger the storyline.

GB wrote:
Also, have you thought about going mobile with this? It seems to me like it would be a great idea to develop this into a place where you could allow players to play on their phones. Since it is text-based, it should be easier.

yeah!!
Razz you've read my mind. i've planning to make the wap version for this game (or probably .jar) Very Happy i'll do that right after i fix some bugs and adding some features in the web version
nivinjoy
The site looks nice mann..!! But to say frankly it took some time for me to understand what the site was about...!!

Anyway you could make it more clear the purpose of the site..!!
Xaferrow
nivinjoy wrote:
The site looks nice mann..!! But to say frankly it took some time for me to understand what the site was about...!!

yeah, thanx pal.

well, the site is about text based mmorpg. you can play it there. the purpose, of course . . . .to entertain humankind Very Happy
nivinjoy
Xaferrow wrote:
nivinjoy wrote:

yeah, thanx pal.

well, the site is about text based mmorpg. you can play it there. the purpose, of course . . . .to entertain humankind Very Happy

The thing is that i don't know what is text based mmorpg..That's the problem..
Xaferrow
Well, it is text based massively multiplayer role playing game. its where you can play a game online. with people from all over the world. and its Text based, which means you dont have to install! just type www.conra.cn in your browser and play the game Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
pumpin
Wow! that's a pretty cool site man buh, it took me a while to actually blend into the game. I think you should add some functionality to the text on your home page. something like a an animation would do_let the text roll in one after the other.

Your site is really cool. Great work Exclamation
Xaferrow
pumpin wrote:
Wow! that's a pretty cool site man buh, it took me a while to actually blend into the game. I think you should add some functionality to the text on your home page. something like a an animation would do_let the text roll in one after the other.

Your site is really cool. Great work Exclamation

Thanx.

ive just add a bunch of features, come and take look
GB
Hey, I'm glad I could help. I just wanted to jump in and clarify something I said earlier. When I said develop the back story a little more, I mean the hows and whys of Conra. Give people more of the story before they sign up basically. Right now, the length for the homepage is good, but it would be nice to be able to click to another page that goes into more detail and develops the characters.

Glad to hear you're going mobile with it, I hope that will be big for you!

gb
Xaferrow
GB wrote:
Hey, I'm glad I could help. I just wanted to jump in and clarify something I said earlier. When I said develop the back story a little more, I mean the hows and whys of Conra. Give people more of the story before they sign up basically. Right now, the length for the homepage is good, but it would be nice to be able to click to another page that goes into more detail and develops the characters.

Glad to hear you're going mobile with it, I hope that will be big for you!

gb

hm, ok ok, thanks. Wink
Xaferrow
bump
Xaferrow
bump