FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your favorite Anime Movie?

gandalfthegrey
What is your favorite Anime Movie?

Is it a classic like Akira, or something more modern?

Is there any notable mentions that you have?
Blissgene
Ghost in the Shell the Movie 2: Stand Alone Complex: Innocence
ddukki
Spirited Away. Not the most blood-pumping movie ever, but it's a Miyazaki and it's hard to argue with a good Miyazaki film. My first actual Anime movie, though, was Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal. I've loved Anime ever since. Is that wrong?
Mrs Lycos
i like those too, but, my favourite is "Grave of the Fireflies" (Hotaru no Haka), its for me the best movie, because, it reached my heart , it was the firts animation movie that make me cry. It seemed as if you were here feeling with the characters.
I will like all of you to see it Razz
bogger
GitS: innocence isn't a part of Stand Alone Complex.

Spirited away is indeed a very good film
I just watched Grave of the Fireflies last week, it was good, It evoked emotions in me (rare)

My favourite film has to be Ghost in the shell, alright
Seiji
Spirited Away is my all-time favorite anime movie. Grave of the Fireflies is really good, its probably one of the saddest anime's I've ever seen. Demon City Shinjuku is also really good, even though its an older film.
Arseniy
I think, "Walking castle" will do Smile
crimson_aria
I love all Studio Ghibli movies. I haven't seen all but those I had touched my heart.

Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle

I also love the animated movie "5 centimeters per second". The movie has a very wonderful art and story. It's so heartbreaking that I cried.
mimic
Spirited Away and Laputa. Totally unique concepts and I just love style of it all. Smile
Xrave
I'd say I like Cardcaptor Sakura : The Sealed Card more...
kacsababa
Can't realy come up with one fav.
All time favorit is Ghost in the Shell (can't wait to see the 2.0 dvd), it was the anime what is let me into the deeps of anime. Smile
I love Satoshi Kon's movies, Millenium Actress, Paprika and especially Perfect Blue (the only anime poster which is on my wall).
But I like 5 Centimeters per Second, Shinkai Makoto perfected what he done in Voices of a Distant Star, the art of his movies are always realy catching.
And also Vampire Hunter D and ofcourse the Miyazaki movies too, they are always great creations.

And ofcourse these are the movies, no OVAs, or TV here. ^^
driftingfe3s
I also enjoyed Grave of the Fireflies becuase the story telling was amazing and it was a very powerful movie. I also really enjoyed the girl who leapt though time and Howl's Moving Castle.

I guess Akira would be one of my all time favorites cause it the animation quality was so amazing for its time and it was one of the first anime movies I watched.

I've heard lots of good things about 5 Centimeters per Second. I have the movie but haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Hopefully its as good as everyone is saying and become one of my favorites.
somaddict
It's so funny how common Akira is listed as Americans' favorite anime. It's beyond cliche. The animation is horrible. The storyline is trite and pretentious.

That aside, my favorite anime movie of all time is Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind. It was made several years before Akira and the animation is tremendously better. The storyline is very original and rich and it was created by the same guy that made Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, other popular favorites.

If Akira is the best anime movie you've ever seen then you are really missing out.
bogger
somaddict wrote:
It's so funny how common Akira is listed as Americans' favorite anime. It's beyond cliche. The animation is horrible. The storyline is trite and pretentious.

That aside, my favorite anime movie of all time is Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind. It was made several years before Akira and the animation is tremendously better. The storyline is very original and rich and it was created by the same guy that made Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, other popular favorites.

If Akira is the best anime movie you've ever seen then you are really missing out.

>.< lrn2notbstupid

Akira CREATED these clichés. I'm not american, I still enjoyed it far more than Princess mononoke/Nausicaä. The animation is obviously gonna be crap compared to ghibli, but at the same time it's still far better than most anime out there, thus pointing to you having just watched the ghibli/IG films, hardly a "connisseur" are you? Akira isn't meant to be original, it's meant to be an alternative future with a lot of ideas that rang true in the hearts of the population.

gah, you completely misunderstand the film!

The main thing I have against akira is the pretty stupid ending >.< but mononoke has to take the biscuit for that anyway.
kacsababa
This christmas Tokyo Godfathers was one of our christmas movies, and it was a good choice, for other family members not just this movie, but the anime genre was new too and they enjoyed it. Smile
dude_xyx
I haven't watched too many Anime but from what I have watched I think I prefer Naruto 2 movie.
ddukki
bogger wrote:
The main thing I have against akira is the pretty stupid ending >.< but mononoke has to take the biscuit for that anyway.

Which is yet another cliche of Anime that Akira has portended.
evilgeniuself
My favorite Anime Movie would most likely be Princess Mononoke by Miyazaki, although it is not my favorite Japanese film (which would be "Dreams" by Akira Kurosawa, which is not an anime).
amperx
My new favorite anime movie would be bleach's fade to black movie, a definite watch
amperx
And another one like full metal panics movie, its a definite watch as well, but only to those who watched the series, Very Happy
kriszara
I enjoyed Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.
Kristine
paskifire
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, my all time favorite anime movie Very Happy
ato784
crimson_aria wrote:
I love all Studio Ghibli movies. I haven't seen all but those I had touched my heart.

Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle

I also love the animated movie "5 centimeters per second". The movie has a very wonderful art and story. It's so heartbreaking that I cried.

I have to agree with this except Princess Mononoke has a special place in my heart since it is my first anime show/movie that i had watched

i have not seen 5 centimeters per second though, and i would have to add nassica in the valley of the wind to that list (sorry about the bad spelling)

One of my favorites is also Brave Story, which is really good in my opinion and the english dub was done well. (only released in the UK) I recommend it.
QrafTee
Howl's Moving Castle... and I liked that Rock Lee fight scene in the third Naruto movie.
catscratches
Angel's Egg
gerimter
made in France:Clementin
mhamad84
MCoG
Mysterius Citys Of Gold
i used to love it in my younger ages..
jigoku05
Any Hayao Miyazaki is good.

Piano no Mori
Natsu: Summer in Andalusia

I love Rurouni Kenshin so these 2 are my favorites
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen (Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal) - 4 parts OVA story before the anime series
Rurouni Kenshin: Seisōhen (Samurai X: Reflection) - 2 parts OVA story after the anime series
menino
I liked Grave of the fireflies, and also Ghost in the shell.
I had watched Akira a long time ago and liked it, but worth watching once.

I also lately liked Death Note, and I've seen Gundam wing which is good.

But my fav anime is avatar, and bleach to date.
amperx
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howls Moving Castle
Grave of the Fireflies
Endless Waltz

movies like those are good Very Happy

dont watch those popular anime series' movies like naruto, it just kills the anime/manga.
k_malee
ddukki wrote:
bogger wrote:

Which is yet another cliche of Anime that Akira has portended.

good
jigoku05
amperx wrote:
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howls Moving Castle
Grave of the Fireflies
Endless Waltz

dont watch those popular anime series' movies like naruto, it just kills the anime/manga.

^ Hayao Miyazaki fan!
amperx
jigoku05 wrote:
amperx wrote:
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howls Moving Castle
Grave of the Fireflies
Endless Waltz

^ Hayao Miyazaki fan!

I swera im not xd xd total in denial, who wouldnt want to watch those movies??
Gomamon
Quote:
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howls Moving Castle
Grave of the Fireflies
Endless Waltz

This is a great list that cannot be topped. We can end the thread right here. Laughing
jigoku05
Gomamon wrote:
Quote:
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howls Moving Castle
Grave of the Fireflies
Endless Waltz

This is a great list that cannot be topped. We can end the thread right here. Laughing

Oh I can add more...

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso

Razz
sosoayaen
Blissgene wrote:
Ghost in the Shell the Movie 2: Stand Alone Complex: Innocence
paskifire
Neon Genesis Evangelion movies too!
QrafTee
paskifire wrote:
Dude, that movie if ****ed up... The way Asuka... *cries* Man, that is messed up! It was the first anime I've seen where the hero tries so hard to fight back, but... Ah well. I should watch the new Evangelion OVAs.
ThirtyOne
Hard choice... I think... I think my best anime movie ever will be "Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade".
Second will be "Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door".
Third - "First Squad: Moment of Truth".
That's all.

Thirty-One.

@Edit: I forgot about "Princess Mononoke", "Howl's Moving Castle" and "Grave of the Fireflies".
jigoku05
paskifire wrote:

Yeah really good! specially the End of Evangelion movie where Shinji masturbates in front of injured Asuka. Then Gendo tried to molest Rei. Everyone died and turned into Tang. And at the end when the only humans remaining are Shinji and Asuka, Shinji chokes Asuka without reason. So yeah, really good movie...

gonna watch
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

waiting for dvd rip
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

I like the new character Mari Illustrious Makinami
amperx
jigoku05 wrote:
paskifire wrote:

Yeah really good! specially the End of Evangelion movie where Shinji masturbates in front of injured Asuka. Then Gendo tried to molest Rei. Everyone died and turned into Tang. And at the end when the only humans remaining are Shinji and Asuka, Shinji chokes Asuka without reason. So yeah, really good movie...

gonna watch
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone

waiting for dvd rip
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

I like the new character Mari Illustrious Makinami

eva 3.0 is just killing me, why did they ever release it yearly, its just too good to wait that long lol
ateawonton
a wind named amnesia