FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Autodesk University

kody
Anyone else on this interweb forum attending Autodesk University? It's in Las Vegas this year.

I'm sitting in a class right now as I type this!
kody
This is the class I'm in:
Community Leadership Conference
Monday, December 1st 2008,
1:00 p.m. (check in begins at 12:30 p.m.)
Palazzo J, Level 5
Interested in starting or building on a user group at the local or country level? Or do you just want to find one in your area? Learn about innovative practices and get fresh ideas at the Community Leadership Conference. This free event is sponsored by Autodesk and open to all AU attendees; seating is limited and first come, first served. A reception will follow. To find out more or to sign up, contact Jill Keefer.

1:30 - Finding the leader in all of us
2:15 - activity
2:30 - break
2:45 - creating and maintaining community
3:30 - activity
3:50 - panel - concepts of community
4:50 - break - drinks and snack
5:10 - online communities
5:50 - final activity/wrap up
6:00 - reception
Parkour_Jarrod
Autodesk University Shocked ? hmm ive never heard of it...

im guessing that it teaches people how to use the CAD programs that Autodesk have made?

Idea
Interesting, i must look into this because after leaving highschool i and hoping to go to the local uni to get a double degree in Architecture & Engineering, if this Autodesk course is part time it could help me to excel in the areas that i want to excel in Very Happy
killianvillian
Im kind of skeptical about paying to learn a Cad program. There are quite a few out there, and they have overlapping functionalities. The worst part is matching your knowledge in one, with an office that wants this skill.

Maybe in engineering it's more streamlined and efficient, but in architecture, there are so many modeling and drafting programs competing for their share in the market, that knowing the right program for the available job is somewhat limiting.

And its not really about piracy. Most firms pay their license, and they cant afford to keep all the different programs on the computer. But the problem is that even if you have all the programs, their interchangeability is time consuming. And sometimes even faulty after hours of tweaking.
westcp
Hey Inever heeard of that?

But onling Universities i think will be a big thing in the future

Itunes has Itunes-U - which enables you to study old exams / curriculumns and also get videos of in class tuition etc

All in all

Good concept...

But one must be disciplined to do it?

cheers
deanhills
kody wrote:
Anyone else on this interweb forum attending Autodesk University? It's in Las Vegas this year.

I'm sitting in a class right now as I type this!

Sounds very interesting. Do you have a link for it that we can try out?
nivinjoy
kody wrote:
This is the class I'm in:
Community Leadership Conference
Monday, December 1st 2008,
1:00 p.m. (check in begins at 12:30 p.m.)
Palazzo J, Level 5
Interested in starting or building on a user group at the local or country level? Or do you just want to find one in your area? Learn about innovative practices and get fresh ideas at the Community Leadership Conference. This free event is sponsored by Autodesk and open to all AU attendees; seating is limited and first come, first served. A reception will follow. To find out more or to sign up, contact Jill Keefer.

1:30 - Finding the leader in all of us
2:15 - activity
2:30 - break
2:45 - creating and maintaining community
3:30 - activity
3:50 - panel - concepts of community
4:50 - break - drinks and snack
5:10 - online communities
5:50 - final activity/wrap up
6:00 - reception

I am hearing about such a thing for the first time..!! And how was your experience man in the class...?? And comment about the teaching..!!