FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Celebrity site valuation

truespeed
I am thinking of selling my website,but i would only do so if i could get a price that would reflect the traffic levels and more importantly the amount of hours of work that have been put into it.

The gallery where most of the traffic comes to is currently offline,but you can see the traffic levels for the past 2 years by clicking on VIEW MY STATS. (Note these are stats for the gallery only,as i never put code into the forum or blog)

There are no stats for this week as i have replaced statcounter code with woopra code.

Before i advertise i would like to know what you roughly think i should expect for it?

PS: The index page is a temporary index,there is a blog gateway to the site.

My Site Click Here
jsarnold
Two of the most important things that any prospective buyer will check are (i) your Google Page Rank (PR) and (ii) your Alexa rating.

One thing a prospective buyer is unlikely to have much interest in are your own personal stats.

Since your Google rank is 0/10 and your Alexa rating is also o, this site doesn't appear to have any recognition on the web at the moment.

In view of this, the price for the site will be based partly on the domain name, and partly on the value of the content.

At first glance it seems that the content is unoriginal, and posted by members. Correct me if I am wrong, but this site does not seem to be offering anythign new.

As for the domain name, .co.uk doesn't fetch much, hyphenated domains even less, and misspelt domain names less till (pix rather than pics).

My advice - keep the domain, you'll be more likely to earn more through Adsense and other advetrtising than you will from the retail value fo the site.
truespeed
jsarnold wrote:
Two of the most important things that any prospective buyer will check are (i) your Google Page Rank (PR) and (ii) your Alexa rating.

I understand the page rank thing,but i would rather have the traffic we get with a page rank of 0,than a site that gets none with a page rank of 4. ( I have seen many of these on Alexa where their sites are ranked in the millions)

Alexa we are ranked at 302,623.

We have 657 indexed pages on google.

jsarnold wrote:

In view of this, the price for the site will be based partly on the domain name, and partly on the value of the content.

At first glance it seems that the content is unoriginal, and posted by members. Correct me if I am wrong, but this site does not seem to be offering anythign new.

In terms of content,we have an active forum with nearly 2000 members,with 150+ logging in on a daily basis.

The gallery has nearly 10.000 individually named and titled pictures. (the gallery gets us 90% of our traffic and 90% of our adsense earnings)

jsarnold wrote:

One thing a prospective buyer is unlikely to have much interest in are your own personal stats.

I am surprised you say this as surely traffic is king,and stats don't lie.

jsarnold wrote:

As for the domain name, .co.uk doesn't fetch much, hyphenated domains even less, and misspelt domain names less till (pix rather than pics).

The search term that brings us the most traffic is "celebrity pix" for which we are number 1 on both google and yahoo.

We are mainly a UK celebrity website and again we are on page 1 of google for pretty much any soap actress/reality tv star you can think of and even some of the top TV presenters.

jsarnold wrote:

My advice - keep the domain, you'll be more likely to earn more through Adsense and other advetrtising than you will from the retail value fo the site.

Thanks for taking the time to respond,its good to have some feedback.