FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

laptop locks up

kilotun
well i have a Compaq laptop i use for all my band stuff. so the hard drive is almost full only like 6.36 GB left. but like when ever i do a full computer virus scan and stuff after a little while it locks up and the screen like fog into the middle of the screen. from the outside to the middle. its very strange. also sometimes when i try to defragment it it also does this. any one know why i am having this problem? any help would be apreachated.
Pepperfan
Quote:
like fog into the middle of the screen

Could you explain what you mean by that? I bet if you can get a better description we can help.

Charles
Diablosblizz
Fog... :S Weird. Only thing I could guess would be the laptop is over heating. This would make sense, because when doing a virus scan / defrag you are constantly accessing the hard drive causing lots of heat. Open up the laptop, and check that the fans are still in working condition, and if they're not then replace them.

By the way, nice avatar. Smile Can't wait for Diablo 3.
kilotun
Oh ya over heating that sounds like a good idea. cause like alot of the times i have the fans covered cause it sits on my lap. but like also when i have it on a hard surface it still does it. idk tho. well it just like is a fog that starts o nthe otside and it works its way into the middle. idk any other way to explain it its just very wierd.
Pepperfan
Wow! Actual fog!

I would definitely take it to be serviced. If any of that fog condenses your laptop will be dead the very next time you boot up! don't mess with it.

Charles
Diablosblizz
As Charles said, take it in as soon as you can, it WILL fry your motherboard if not serviced soon.