FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Drafting

jwellsy
I find that one of the best ways to get get my ideas on paper is to draw them using drafting techniques.

I know using CAD programs makes them look pretty. But, I find it difficult to brainstorm with CAD when making intrquite or complicated drawings like Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID's). I have to lay out the basic drawing on paper first then make it pretty in CAD.

I'm on a rant about this because I needed a drafting eraser shield and I went to three college bookstores and couldn't find one. Finally, I found good drafting supplies at an artist supply store.
mgeek
I do what you are doing with MindMaps. I find it useful for thinking of related ideas and for exploring my streams of consciousness.
soljarag
yeah, mindmaps are great... we use them alot in Industrial Design .....

It lets you get a whole lot of ideas out very quickly, and can easily make connections between them, that give you even more ideas

Here's a program I use http://www.conceptdraw.com/en/products/mindmap/main.php

It makes a clean looking presentation and is very fast to input ideas.... so if you hook up a projector to a laptop and have a group full of people, you get a whole lot of good ideas