FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wheel of Time Last Book

blk3
Whatever happened to the last book of the Wheel of Time > I know that the author Robert Jordan has already died, but I read somewhere on the internet that he has given key plots and how it will end to family and friends and is probable that other writers will take it up to complete the series. I wonder who will write it? And is it possible to see the last book written in my lifetime. The original author has been writing the series for more than 10 yrs and still hasn't finished it. Will the last book ever see the light of day?
warriorpoets
Possibly. We're seeing the ending of the Dune series based on Frank Herbert's notes, with a joint effort of his son and the prolific Kevin J. Anderson. I imagine such a thing could happen with the Wheel of Time series, if adequate notes have been left behind.
Nameless
I'm pretty sure it's being written by Brandon Sanderson, and due sometime around Autumn 2009. And by "pretty sure" I mean "that's what Wikipedia said, anyway, and I recall reading something of the sorts on other websites a while back".
blk3
Nameless wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's being written by Brandon Sanderson, and due sometime around Autumn 2009. And by "pretty sure" I mean "that's what Wikipedia said, anyway, and I recall reading something of the sorts on other websites a while back".

I hope it comes out on the said year (2009) or at least while some of Robert Jordan's fans are still alive.
ovg8
blk3 wrote:
Nameless wrote:

I hope it comes out on the said year (2009) or at least while some of Robert Jordan's fans are still alive.

I'm fourteen so i think i'd still be alive for this book actually comes out love the other ones.
JessieF
The Gathering Storm has been in stores since the summer of last year. Wink Hope you found it. I got it for Christmas. It was wonderful, and for once a cliffhanger didn't leave me disappointed. lol I can't wait for the next one to come out now. Smile "Towers of Midnight" is the working title for the 13th book. Not sure if that will be the name when it is published. It is 85% done. Right now Brandon Sanderson's goal is to have the book in stores by December. You can keep up with it Here
loyal
JessieF wrote:
The Gathering Storm has been in stores since the summer of last year. Wink Hope you found it. I got it for Christmas. It was wonderful, and for once a cliffhanger didn't leave me disappointed. lol I can't wait for the next one to come out now. Smile "Towers of Midnight" is the working title for the 13th book. Not sure if that will be the name when it is published. It is 85% done. Right now Brandon Sanderson's goal is to have the book in stores by December. You can keep up with it Here

Is it obvious it's written by a different order? Does it still flow from the previous books written by Jordan to the new ones written by Sanderson?

Peace.
JessieF
The writing style is different, however, it still flowed very well for me. Smile It seemed like it picked up right where it left off and all the plots still connected, and it still felt like the same characters - like the whole feel of the characters was just the same. Just different sentence structure.
Radar
I've heard people raving about the new writer. Amazing to think that such a long series could still end well, after everything it's gone through.