FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Metal Gear Solid 5

bernardin0
Speaking to the magazine Famitsu, Kojima said that "you need to think about next MGS 5", but continues working on the promotion of MGS 4 while the rest of the team is on vacation.

"I think the series will continue even if one day I leave the company. But for MGS 5, I think we need to do at Kojima Productions," explained the creator of Solid Snake, who also claimed to have interest in moving the game to younger people. "Since it is an action game of stealth, you can follow in any direction. But Snake is retired."
Spartan
I'm almost certain there will be an MGS5. Have you beaten 4? If so, there's a part which uhh.. Gives a clue about this... Not going to spoil anything. And yeah, I also heard that if there's an MGS5, Kojima will not be working on it. The fact that there is no Snake is pretty wierd... I really wonder if the MGS5 storyline will be by anyways linked to that of the rest. Perhaps other characters, such as Liquid Snake's perspective of it? Maybe even totally new characters.

Anyways, I hope this happens.
HamsterMan
It would be nice with a refreshing start without snake. Just remove 3/4 of all the old plot devices and make the story a lot easier to follow. MSG4 had such a messy story that me and my brother just looked like two question marks in the end.
abcxyz1
I hope that true
Kelcey
MGS5 would be interesting. I loved and hated MGS4. I didn't play the first 3 MGS games though on ps1/ps2.
blk3
Its good to know there would be a Metal Gear after 4. Who knows what the title would be, the last 4 Metal Gear games centered on Snake, maybe this time a whole new character would start of with a new series of stories.
Spartan
HamsterMan wrote:
It would be nice with a refreshing start without snake. Just remove 3/4 of all the old plot devices and make the story a lot easier to follow. MSG4 had such a messy story that me and my brother just looked like two question marks in the end.

Some parts would be hard to understand if you hadn't played MG1 and MG2 (not MGS). I was too young to play it (maybe not even born), but I've got relatives who had, and they made the plot easier to understand. In chronological order, the series go MGS 3, MG1, MG2, MGS1, MGS2, MGS 4. MGS3 was set in Big Boss' time, and you did not play as Solid Snake, but Big Boss. Just clearing that up for those who were unclear.