FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Clicky bones..? lol

deadswan
Well.... I'm 18 and I click alot lol... My ankles click while I'm walking along, my neck clicks when I turn it, my wrists click when I stretch my hands, my elbows click when I stretch my arms, my shoulders click when I raise my arms, my knees click when I bend down, my back clicks when I lean back or stretch my toes click when I move them and thats pretty much it lol

I went to the doctors a while ago when it wasn't as bad and he said it was nothing to worry about, but it got worse, and when my hands are a little cold and I bend my fingers they get stuck and I can't move them Rolling Eyes

So I guess I'm just wondering if I'm the only person like this and I should listen to the doctor and just ignore it... Or if I should go to a different doctor and get it seen to....
Let me know..? lol

Mr. Green
Skye001
could be your cartilages not growing, I would recommend Glucosamine Sulphate Capsules, Glucosamine is a natural substance located in the joints and plays a vital role in maintaining the cartilage joints.

But doesnt "clicking" also lead to arthritis?
deadswan
Indeed it does, which is why I went to the doctor, but he said it won't lead to that...
But then with my hands locking up I'm now thinking he was wrong...
I'll have to try those capsules but apparently they can be expensive? But I don't know for certain...
handfleisch
Most of the time these noises are nothing to worry about.

But do you get a lot of exercise? Better would be to start doing yoga, getting massages with warm oils.

How is your digestion? If your digestion isn't great this could be affecting your joints.
deadswan
Umm I used to play football but don't do alot anymore...
And I don't think my digestion is that bad, but I guess it's not great

Shocked

I guess I should go back to the doctor lol
Ghost Rider103
If your digestion is ok, but not great, it probably has a lot to do with your eating habits.
deadswan
Ok...
Well... I eat alot lol
Lots of good stuff, and I guess quite a bit of bad... lol

I think meat makes it bad, but I dunno...
RubySlasher
It's probably just the cold winter weather working your joints. Happens to us all.

deadswan
I'd go with that if it wasn't happening all year round buddy Wink
Thanks though

Mr. Green
patchworkepiphany
old post but still: the more inflammation, the more clicking you will hear. Lessen your meat a bit, eat cleaner, lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains and olive oil and do something like yoga ( no laughing!!) which has been shown to strengthen the connective tissue around the joints Smile moderate weight bearing exercise may do the same, though of that I am not 100% =)

my 4 year old son clicks -- doc says its fairly common Smile
deadswan
Thanks you =]

I was told to do yogo by some family aswel lol
What do you mean about the weight exercises?
deanhills
Perhaps you need to see a medical practitioner about this. Obviously does not sound right for someone of your age.
deadswan
Well I said I'd been to the doctors and he said it was nothing to worry about

But I guess I could try a different doctor sometime...
patchworkepiphany
hey by weight bearing exercise could be lots of stuff! These include weight-lifting, jogging, hiking, stair-climbing, step aerobics, dancing, DDR, , racquet sports, and other activities that require your muscles to work against gravity. Swimming and simply walking, although good for cardiovascular fitness, are not the best exercises for building bone. Thirty minutes of weight-bearing exercise daily benefits not only your bones, but improves heart health, muscle strength, coordination, and balance.

So, basically anything that makes you work against gravity while you exercise Very Happy

Proper shoes make a huge difference too if you walk over or in on your feet. =)
deadswan
Oh right, thanks =]

Do press-ups and pull-ups count?

Mr. Green
peaceupnorth
I had a problem with a clicking jaw, doc told me I'd likely have to get my jaw wired... thankfully the vision of Frankenstein like neck bolts scared my clicks into silence so that never happened.
deadswan
Haha, well my jaw doesn't click so is probably the only thing that doesn't lol
So I shouldn't have to worry about that

Mr. Green
toasterintheoven
clicking is good