FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do banks in your area have washing rooms for the customers?

snowynight
I just now had a look at a post saying in some countries there are banks with toilets open to the public while others don't. I am just interested in that. so I just post to ask whether it is true in your area.
crdowner
Public toilets are not required in the United States but some banks do have toilets open to the public.
Nameless
I can't imagine why banks would NEED toilets, it's not the like lines for waiting are that long, right guys? Razz
Insanity
It's just a matter of convenience, similar to how supermarkets and such have bathrooms. It's just a nice thing to have, especially if you get a lot of business. However, since there's nothing to do with food there, they might have omitted it, and yeah business is pretty quick in a bank.
Quiviro
Here in Spain I can't imagine a toilet in a bank. Inconceivable! I think they're not necessary.
nigam
toilets in a bank? wow...can't imagine...we wouldn't wait too long to deposit or cash out our money..thats why banks don't have comfort rooms...
Ghost Rider103
We might not spend too much time in a bane, but what about the employees? I don't think I have ever seen a bathroom in a bank, but then again maybe they are in the back for staff use only, and then in some places they have public ones?

I don't really know any places that use bathrooms just for staff, usually the staff just would use a public bathroom.
SpellcasterDX
I believe the bank my parents use does have a public toilet. Water fountains too.
snowynight
Hmm.. actually in my area there are no washing rooms in banks but there are purified water supply and paper cups. Here we touch a panel to get a number and then wait in queue on benches, and drinking the water ... Because the banks are always busy here. So a washingroom may be necessary for some people esp.who are old or unhealthy.
deanhills
Insanity wrote:
It's just a matter of convenience, similar to how supermarkets and such have bathrooms. It's just a nice thing to have, especially if you get a lot of business. However, since there's nothing to do with food there, they might have omitted it, and yeah business is pretty quick in a bank.

Agreed. Sometimes one has to wait quite a while to conduct business, and it may be nice to be able to freshen up. But can imagine this must pose a security risk too? From a security point of view they would like to restrict customers to as small an area that they can so as to decrease video camera and other equipment costs as well as manpower?
winmark
Normally banks in our area don't have washing rooms, unless you are in some main branch.
sana618
deanhills wrote:
Insanity wrote:

Agreed. Sometimes one has to wait quite a while to conduct business, and it may be nice to be able to freshen up. But can imagine this must pose a security risk too? From a security point of view they would like to restrict customers to as small an area that they can so as to decrease video camera and other equipment costs as well as manpower?

video cameras in a washroom...... hard to imagin tht, and ya i too have not heard of banks having washrooms..... atleast the banks i visit don't have them. and i think it is a good thing too. imagin if they had to put video camera for security reasons..... Wink
RubySlasher
We mostly have newer banks now, so they aren't built with public restrooms. (Our credit union has a public bathroom, though.)
Yeah, it's always annoyed me that banks don't have public bathrooms, but I guess it's a necessary safety precaution. But I think that if you really need to go to the bathroom bad, they'll let you use their office one if you ask nicely.
erlendhg
Well, that was actually an interesting question. When I think about it, none of the banks that I know of in my city have toilets (well, of course they have toilets for the employees. At least I hope so. But I mean public rest rooms).

Have never really thought about that before.
Magicman
I've never really looked for a public restroom in a bank before but I don't think the banks in my area that I've been to have one.
Nick2008
I am usually in a bank for like 10 minutes, so I really never searched for a bathroom. Considering the majority of the banks in my area are so close to a plaza, large store, or mall; I don't see a reason for them having a bathroom anyways.
apple
now this is a good question...one to which I have absolutely no idea!!
SpellcasterDX
How is it a safety precaution? I mean, what can you possibly do in a restroom that it'll need security in there?
vineeth
In India, we have two types of banks mainly. One is nationalized banks controlled directly by thr Central Govt. and private sector banks. Both of them do not have washrooms for the customers in their branch offices generally.
Nick2008
SpellcasterDX wrote:
How is it a safety precaution? I mean, what can you possibly do in a restroom that it'll need security in there?

I don't know, maybe walk in there and setup a bomb in the restroom?
Gonzalo
2 Hours waiting in line to deposit or make some other transaction...I may need a bathroom after that.
andredesignz
no and i don't think thats fair
adri
Nope no toilets in the banks, you just have to pee at home and hope there are some toilets in some shops (some shops have public toilets).

Greetz

Adri
SpellcasterDX
Nick2008 wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:

Hadn't thought of that. Hmm. Well I guess. But in that case they can have security outside the restroom or something.
k_s_baskar
Here in India no washing rooms in banks. I think they're not necessary.
Ghost Rider103
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Nick2008 wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:

Hadn't thought of that. Hmm. Well I guess. But in that case they can have security outside the restroom or something.

What good is security outside a restroom if someone sets up a bomb inside the restroom? By the time security figures out there is a bomb inside the restroom, well they would all be dead.
saratdear
Here in India, as two others have said, I haven't seen restrooms or toilets for customers. But of course there is a toilet for the employees and a private toilet for the branch manager.
Fatality
I honestly don't know if the banks near me have toilets or not. My guess that that they do not because you're not at the bank long enough for it to ever be a problem. Plus I think a lot of people do the drive-up window banking anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if they did have toilets however. I'm in Minnesota by the way.
ankitdatashn
Well it would be unwise to say that they dont have but it would be correct to say I have never noticed a bank here in India having a public loo, never!. And yeah in India the bank queues are very long to give you a S**** time!, haha. Not really but yes queues are long. Banks do have toliets but not open to general public.
crimson_aria
I've never been in a necessity to use a washroom while in the bank so I have no idea if there is one in my place. Though, I believe a public washroom should be put in the bank just for comfort or emergency.
Phaphwned
Nope. That's just silly.
bonestorm74
Hell no. Who on earth has that kind of luxury?
Melacos
Yea I guess a lot of banks here (Denmark) have got those kind of services... In our days to sell a product, you both have to add features to the product itself, but also add something to the buying experience itself... I think this in part explains the toilet-tendencies. But other than that, the explanation could be the extreme waiting in line you experience those places:P
mwsupra
The bank I use (Bank of America) is a pretty big bank so they normally have a bathroom there. I would say its mostly geared for those who are there to open up accounts or do something more than just a quick transaction. Sometimes with the wait and the time it takes them to go through that it can take an hour or more, so its a good idea to have one Wink
Kaseas
I imagine they might, but I'm not sure. As a general rule-of-thumb if there is food/drink, then there are bathrooms.