FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Adding Subdomain

Dennise
I want to add one subdomain to my Frihost account for a 2nd website. I am on server 3 which I understand uses DirectAdmin.

Using DirectAdmin, I tried to add a subdomain. DirectAdmin appears to have done this and I can see my subdomain in DirectAdmin.

But my 'ACCOUNT' shows no subdomain at all. From my account, if I try to add a subdomain there, I get an error message.

So ...... how do I add a subdomain (for a 2nd website) and how do I FTP to the subdomain.

Also, when I FTP into my regular FriHost domain, I no longer see my usual public_html folder and I don't see the subdomain folder that I created wirh DirectAdmin.

Help ......
Sad
sonam
Your subdomain is in your public_html folder and looking like all other folders but if you are open it then you will see subfolder cgi-bin in this folder, but if you don't see your public_html folder then maybe you are delete it. Or maybe is in your ftp defined to open some subfolder instead of root (e.g. www.yoursubdomain.frih.net/images/). Ftp login is the same for your root folder (public_html) and subdomains and you don't need any other username or pass.

Sonam
Dennise
My 2nd website subdomain was added with no problems ...... I just needed to have a little patience. Very Happy