FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Friendship should not be based on money power

cyberbuddy
We all need friends. To have friends you have to be a friend. But too many of us want friends just to satisfy our own needs or to make us feel less lonely. Wanting friends for these reasons isn’t bad. But if these are our only reasons for wanting friends, we’re using people. Remember, people are to be loved, not to be used. Make time for friends. Friendship means thinking about others, not just yourself. Real friendship goes beyond getting for oneself. It means giving, caring and doing for others. One of the ways people make friends is by giving friendship to one another without expecting in return. But sometimes certain friends take this help also as granted and measure friendship values as a rotten fruit.
A real friend is honest, open and willing to take the good time with the bad. If you ask me how will I be a friend or what do I expect, then I will surely say that he should be a caring friend who like myself, who makes decisions for myself and who is willing to share myself and my feelings with others. I recollect one of the photos given to me in which it shows a large statue in the African country of Ghana showing a hand holding an egg. The message is that if the hand holds the egg too loosely it will fall out and break. But if the hand holds it too firmly the egg will be crushed. We can learn something from this statue about friendship. It takes a certain kind of hand, or person first to reach out to others and then to cradle, protect and support the friendships that develop.
So, put on your thinking cap and decide what kind of hand- or friendship- you will like to support and how you would like to feel within that friendship. Then become that kind of person yourself. You will have to learn a lot about how to be a friend then. Remember, Friend in need is a friend in deed.

thank u
airh3ad
If you have no money you have no friends.like they said no friends, no girlfriend, me not wanking boosts my stress and anxiety x100, been trying to find a job or work and applied to like over hundred places in earth , now my parents are moving (that means I go with them or to do this things ) and I will have to be fixing up this house, no money, and nothing to do all the things i mean All this while I am going to school or organizations.
deanhills
cyberbuddy wrote:
We all need friends. To have friends you have to be a friend. But too many of us want friends just to satisfy our own needs or to make us feel less lonely. Wanting friends for these reasons isn’t bad. But if these are our only reasons for wanting friends, we’re using people. Remember, people are to be loved, not to be used. Make time for friends. Friendship means thinking about others, not just yourself. Real friendship goes beyond getting for oneself. It means giving, caring and doing for others. One of the ways people make friends is by giving friendship to one another without expecting in return. But sometimes certain friends take this help also as granted and measure friendship values as a rotten fruit.
A real friend is honest, open and willing to take the good time with the bad. If you ask me how will I be a friend or what do I expect, then I will surely say that he should be a caring friend who like myself, who makes decisions for myself and who is willing to share myself and my feelings with others. I recollect one of the photos given to me in which it shows a large statue in the African country of Ghana showing a hand holding an egg. The message is that if the hand holds the egg too loosely it will fall out and break. But if the hand holds it too firmly the egg will be crushed. We can learn something from this statue about friendship. It takes a certain kind of hand, or person first to reach out to others and then to cradle, protect and support the friendships that develop.
So, put on your thinking cap and decide what kind of hand- or friendship- you will like to support and how you would like to feel within that friendship. Then become that kind of person yourself. You will have to learn a lot about how to be a friend then. Remember, Friend in need is a friend in deed.

thank u

I think generally most friendships have little to do with money. More to do with power and sometimes the two are linked. But completely agreed. Your behaviour as a friend will attract the same quality of friends to you. They work together.
jenss
cyberbuddy wrote:

Most people tend to be friends with those that have similar financial situations as themselves. If you make a lot of money you will go do things that are expensive and if you are both poor you will do things that are cheap or free. A rich person generally doesn't befriend a poor person because their interests would be different and the rich person would always have to pay for everything if that want to do things that take money. It's sort of the same way that you tend to befriend those who like the same sports, foods, and other things as you. People tend to look a lot like their friends as well. Opposites don't attract. People like other people that are similar to themselves.
Arthur3009
oh my gosh! i can't believe that you say this! like beyoncé would say, put a ring on it, put a ring on it and.. I'M A SINGLE LADYES [28273687263876]!
rightclickscott
Congratulations, cyberbuddy. You've managed to state the obvious. Good job!
joomla
airh3ad wrote:
If you have no money you have no friends.like they said no friends, no girlfriend,

there has been a time that i lived on the streets of Spain without money. I still had friends, I still had a girlfriend.

in some places money is more important then in other places.
in some countries money is so important they print more if they run out.
Alaskacameradude
My first real girlfriend made a LOT more money than me. She did pay for most things although
I tried to get her gifts sometimes....but she wanted to go out a lot and I just didn't have the money
for it, so she paid. She ended up proposing to me, believe it or not and now we are married with three kids so it CAN work sometimes....Smile
edwinl
you're a lucky guy, well I guess no matter who earns more money, it's the amount of both combined which is relevant.
leosthenerd
I agree with this statement 100%. relationships should not be based on how much money you have, but who are as a person.
furtasacra
Money matters. The love of my life just left me for a woman with a better job. After ten years.

Make no mistake, money is important. Well, it's not important until you don't have enough money, but that's when the fighting begins. Then nothing else matters.
edwinl
Money is only important to buy material things, but not important for two persons who really love each other.
deanhills
furtasacra wrote:
Money matters. The love of my life just left me for a woman with a better job. After ten years.

Make no mistake, money is important. Well, it's not important until you don't have enough money, but that's when the fighting begins. Then nothing else matters.

Life sometimes really sucks. I feel sorry for the woman he left you for. Ten years are a very long time. You kind'a get used to a person during that time to the extent that you are part of them. So she has a long time to go and better hold on to her job.
deepviolet
If a relationship is based on money and power, at least it's based on something tangible that can be measured.

Base it on something vague and fuzzy like love or "he's a nice guy" and you're basing a relationship on illusion.

I always advise being materialistic in all things.
edwinl
deepviolet wrote:
If a relationship is based on money and power, at least it's based on something tangible that can be measured.

Base it on something vague and fuzzy like love or "he's a nice guy" and you're basing a relationship on illusion.

I always advise being materialistic in all things.

Interesting opinion but I guess a relation is based not only in money or tangible things, a relation should be based in feelings too.