FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joining For A Computer Course

nivinjoy
Hi guys some of you may feel this to be simple...but always i prefer asking opinions to experts...!!

Now i will come to the point...I am nearing the completion of my Bachelor Of Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering from a university in India...!! Now this is project period period for me and i do get a lot of free time..!! So i decided to join a computer course in NIIT (www.niit.com),a reputed computer learning center..!!

I need your valued opinions in the following points...!!

1. I joined for C,C++,Oracle SQL and .NET ...!! What i want to ask is that according to current IT scenario was my selection of courses, a right one...???

2. I preferred .NET instead of Java and Oracle SQL over MS-SQL...!! Did i do something wrong..?? Or am i right...??

3. And i was also said in the Oracle SQL course i will be taught only first level out of the five levels and for the second level i must opt for a course in PL SQL..!! So do you advise me to do a course in PL SQL too...??

Hope to have answers from experts in the field...!!
RiCtee
You seem to have a slight confusion over which programming language is better. In my opinion, you should focus on a small number, instead of opting for a whole lot. Sure, you could try out each of them but in the long run it would be unnecessary. But I'm sure someone would disagree with me on that.

There is certainly no need for both C and C++ (unless they're in the same course? In that case it would be an utter mess). Also if you prefer .NET, you should probably be familiar with C#. If that's the case, you would rarely need C/C++ except for the purpose of learning the underlying concepts. Also the problem with .NET is that it is tied to Windows and Microsoft in general.

Then again what I said is prone to debating. I guess it all depends on whether you have any programming experience.