FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CoD: World at War

weableandbob
What are people's opinions of this game? I've heard it can have a lot of compatibility issues, but I haven't had any. It runs a bit slow because i have a crappy computer, but it's good fun.
Spartan
I played the multiplayer BETA on my 360 (before it was public to everyone), it looked pretty good. My friend just got his, he loves it. I'm going to be getting mine pretty soon, along with a few other games. =D
Flarkis
I havnt personally played Call of Duty: World at War but I have played Call of Duty 1, Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 4 and all of them are amazing games. I see no reason why this one would be any different, which is why I'm hopefully going to get an xbox 360 soon and purchase World at War Smile
bogger
made by the guys who made cod3, so grr, but I'm getting it free, so yay Very Happy
Cove
I watched my friend play this the other day and I thought it was pretty cool. The zombie mode is realllly awesome, and they seemed to do a pretty decent job at making sure the tank wasn't completely overpowered. He did have a few problems, for example there is one game mode that he couldn't join online and he has a bug where the game won't start unless you click the icon in program files. Other than that it seems pretty solid.
Xaferrow
i thought it is a great game. bt i havent play it. seems my PC didnt support it
abcxyz1
I play this game in NDS and so bad Confused
Sam-fisher-0001
lol when i had cod 5 it crashed cos i was usn a bluetooth speeker. but whens i tunrtn it off it was working like a charm . i found the game to be a bit chopy when there were a large amount of bots in your veiw and i had to lookup just to speed up the game and reload Smile

over all the game was ausom
ForceRun
If you want a good game just play COD4 as it was the game of the year last year.
Blazole
i would also like to know if this game is any good. I played call of duty 4 for 100s of hours. but havent got chance to get this one yet. If its as good as cod4 then it will be worth it.
Spartan
This uses the same engines as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Only difference is that it has slightly better graphics, and it's in the WWII genre again. I love the Nazi Zombie mode as well, whenever my friend is over, I'm going to do it with him. Going to be amazing, I give you that.
Blazole
i will have to buy this and find out for myself i suppose.
ForceRun
It is okay but not that great if you compare it to COD4. BTW Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 has been annocuned to come out next year. COD5 should have taken the lessons learned from COD1 and COD 2 heart. Instead they just released a very buggy WWII verson of COD4. All the weapons suck, and have no real kill power. Even in Hardcore mod it can take 3 headshot to kill one guy.
Skye001
CoD4 > Halo , GoW better than anything!
Kelcey
It looks interesting. My friends have played it and don't like it though. They did love CoD4 as most everyone in the world did. I guess it was just really hard to follow up on an amazing game like COD4.
A-crime
Is cod5 better than cod4? I played that one for a while, but my cd got broken, I traded it for another game at the store, becuz cod4 wasn't buyable anymore Sad I bought far cry for that one Very Happy
I love that game... But back to CoD5 :p I played the Demo for a while, till the last day it ended, it's quiet nice, I thought they had the same engine and stuff.. But you guys know, which weapon, in all off the cod's have been? I don't Razz and there's a award if you do know xD from the television btw xD
Faraz
It's a very good game. Recommended! But COD4 was much better.
enygmasoft
Faraz wrote:
It's a very good game. Recommended! But COD4 was much better.

I honestly agreed with you, because of all the guns webre way better in COD4 than in the last incarnation, which made the game amazingly more difficult. However, the guns were historically accurate when you take that into account, you really cant complain since this is a world war 2 game. I found the game enjoyable, but part 4 was more fun in my opinion.
djcaution
I have this game for PS3 it's pretty great, but I still like COD4 better. It feels too much like just a mod for COD4, which isnt necessarily a bad thing considering COD4 was so great, but they made the graphics far too grainy for my liking.. but the WWII trench warfare aspects in single player are super fun
hearurscream
Flarkis wrote:
I havnt personally played Call of Duty: World at War but I have played Call of Duty 1, Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 4 and all of them are amazing games. I see no reason why this one would be any different, which is why I'm hopefully going to get an xbox 360 soon and purchase World at War Smile

The problem is that COD: WaW was NOT made by Infinity Ward so there is a reason for it to be different. I myself will wait until COD 5 is out before I make another purchase. COD 4 was an amazing game to be honest. But for now it's Halo 3 until the next COD comes out.