FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

REC

mk12327
I just watched REC last week, although I do not understand spanish. (The subtitles are of great help) Personally, I feel that the movie is very well shot. The effect of "in-the-scene" camera views is so well-done that I even suspect if the movie was filmed using a single camera within the scene. Another point to note is that the camera views were not too shaky, unlike other films which attempted this type of filming. (Those movies were said to cause motion sickness due to the shaky camera views)

Anyone watched it already? Or waiting for "Quarrantine", the English version?
Rajiev
Surprised that anyone didn't posted here.

Ya, I too think it is a great movie. Although I didn't understand much (since it is Spanish) I will definitely love to see the English version. Rolling Eyes
mk12327
Haha... But what do you think about the plot? I find that this genre of movies somehow have a relatively common plot... which can be rather predictable at times... (However, REC did give me a few good surprises... Wink )
Rajiev
Actually I saw this movie some time back and can't recall everything.

Unlike the Cloverfield, THis movie rocks.

Cloverfield is actually a failed attempt to a movie Razz
bellebello
I love this movie. Simple plot yet very watchable. The actress playing the reporter was fantastic.
mk12327
Yup, I agree with that! The actress is very into the role, her expressions looked very natural too...
Rajiev
Anybody know when will the English Movie will be released? Rolling Eyes
mk12327
It is already out in most countries, not sure if it is synchronised across all countries though... By the way the English version is called "Quarrantine".
Rajiev
Is it Quarrantine or Quarantine ?

even IMDB doesn't have a record of it Surprised
mk12327
Sorry, it's the one with a single "r". By the way, here's the official website: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/quarantine/
bellebello
Here's the imdb link for quarantine.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1082868/
vicar013
I've seen Rec, but not the English one Quarantine.
I'm not intending to watch the presumably Hollywood version anytime soon.

I thought Rec was a fairly good film, the element of fear is there and the lead lady is very convincing...
at first the whole cast is good.
The touches of improvisation are great. Its a very interesting, if slightly done before, approach.
I just thought the scare factor depended too much on the acting and, although I cant understand
Spanish, I did kinda lose my belief, or can I say immersion without sounding gay, in the situation.
Some of the physical acting is iffy, partly since some of it is improvised.

So, not having a go, but just saying it's an ambitious film with good horror/tension and brilliant
lead actress but not something I'd watch again, it didn't have much to it.
I don't intend to watch the hollywood version since they've shat on so many remakes
of great films I refuse to partake.
Thanks for reading.
mk12327
Quote:
I thought Rec was a fairly good film, the element of fear is there and the lead lady is very convincing...
at first the whole cast is good.
The touches of improvisation are great. Its a very interesting, if slightly done before, approach.
I just thought the scare factor depended too much on the acting and, although I cant understand
Spanish, I did kinda lose my belief, or can I say immersion without sounding gay, in the situation.
Some of the physical acting is iffy, partly since some of it is improvised.

So, not having a go, but just saying it's an ambitious film with good horror/tension and brilliant
lead actress but not something I'd watch again, it didn't have much to it.

Very interesting comments about the movie. Your comments gave me some new insights such as the dependence of the acting for the scare factor. Your comments somehow also make wonder if there are any horror/suspense movie which pulls people to watch it repeated times? For example, it does not lose the fear or suspense even though you had watched it before. Or that it is so immersive that you do not mind watching again despite knowing the plot.
blk3
Is this version much better than the remake english version, also I read they are making a sequel to REC. Will that be remade as well?
mk12327
Is there a sequel coming up? Do you happen to have any links for me check that out? Although i do realise that a sequel is highly possible given the ending of REC...
chunl3
REC 2 was good, a lot of it kind of killed the scary, like the scene with the possessed spanish kid, but overall, worth watching
mk12327
Yeah, I had watched REC 2 as well. Good sequel to wrap up the entire storyline. Very interesting twist at the end too. (I shall no spoil the movie for the people who have not watched it) Anyway, they are already planning on REC 3! =S
muson
will watch another movie or be evaluated. not bad.