FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

pies

jaden7727
which is your most fav pie? and if you could make a new one, what would you name it? what would it taste, and what would it look like?

(just a misc thing lol) Laughing
missdixy
I love pumpkin pie! and pecan pie! Also, I've heard rumors that there is some sort of banana pie out there?? Haha, I want to try it sometime.
geoveo
Banoffee Pie, yum yum
Crazy_Canuck
missdixy wrote:
I love pumpkin pie! and pecan pie! Also, I've heard rumors that there is some sort of banana pie out there?? Haha, I want to try it sometime.

Banana cream pie?!? I love it! You don't have that in the U.S., missdixy? Here's a recipe...it's delish!

I also love pumpkin pie, and key lime pie too. But pecan pie is a little too sweet for me ... although it's very much like butter tarts. I think you U.S. folks don't have butter tarts; instead you have pecan pie.

In Quebec, they make maple syrup pie, which sometimes has walnuts in it -- very similar to pecan pie. But so sweet ... makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it.
gugusm
Wow, that one looks delicious. I like chocolate pies most I think.
Helios
Meat pie, of course.
I don't like sweet stuff much, including pies, but when they're meat pies, it's a whole different story.

Yum yum...
loonix
Meat n potato with oodles of pepper does the trick for me. Definately prefer savoury over sweet pies any day of the week :p
Wolf1918
My absolute favorite pie is Key Lime Pie. There is a company that makes a frozen one that is pretty good too. The company name is Edward's and you can usually find them in the freezer section of the grocery store. I really think I could eat half the pie at a time if I didn't restrain myself.

My next favorite is pumpkin pie with whipped cream, followed by warm apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I also had sweet potato pie once that was great.

Chad
missdixy
Crazy_Canuck wrote:
missdixy wrote:

Banana cream pie?!? I love it! You don't have that in the U.S., missdixy? Here's a recipe...it's delish!

haha, thanks so much! I actually grew up in a pretty Hispanic community and my family never bakes pies. I've only ever had store-bought pumpkin and pecan pie because of Thanksgiving...and now that I live in Chicago in the dorms...well, I don't eat out much. I'd heard of that pie a while ago but never got around to looking it up. ^^ Hopefully I'll have some time to bake during holidays!
erlendhg
We do not have meat pie in Norway, or they are not common at least. But I can't forget those meat pies I was served in Australia. Those were fantastic.

So on to the question:
I guess I must either have to say blueberry pie (like in dessert), since those are fantastic too, or Australian meat pie (as dinner or lunch of course). I say Australian, since I have not tasted other meat pies Razz
psycosquirrel
Key lime pie!

Any pie is good though. Especially meat pies.
Vladalf
Cheese pie! Simple yet delicious. Smile Tough I like it with normal cheese not the sweet cheese one.
Vladalf
rockacola
definitely meat pies Razz ~yum~
Nameless
"Meat" pie isn't very specific, you know.

Beef curry pie = win.
sana618
Try adding a bowl of mixed vegetables with the meat in the pie, it is yummy also if you glaze
the bananas in honey first it gives a better taste.
standready
Hmmmm Pie! I like all kinds. Favorite - Cherry!
Zombie
My favorite pie is coconut pie, i had some yesterday on thanksgiving!
friuser
My favorite pie is pumpkin pie. I never liked any sort of meat pie. It just makes me sick for some reason.