FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help: Need a tutorial on how to upload a website on Frihost

winmark
Can i get some tutorial on "how to upload website at frihost using dreamweaver". This is my first experience and the control panel is a little too complicated for me ...

The page i m trying to upload is a simple index.html along with images and style sheet.
Diablosblizz
First what would help us is what server are you on? You can find out by clicking the Account link at the top of this page and looking for "Server:".

Basically, just go to the file manager, find public_html folder, give the file a name then click create. Add in the stuff for the file and click save.

*This is based on the DirectAdmin control panel, both server 2 and server 3.
winmark
I m hosted on server 3.

I have renamed the public_html folder. AT the bottom of the page, there are two buttons to create, one for folder and the other for files. What do you mean by add in the stuff and save?

The page i want to update is saved in a folder with css and images, now how do i add that to public_html folder?
Diablosblizz
Oh no, sorry 7:30 is way too early for me. You shouldn't have renamed public_html, and if you did then rename it back! I meant for you to click on the public_html folder, and then you should see a index.html file. Click on edit beside index.html and then put your stuff inside.

If this doesn't help, I'll whip up a video for you.
taytay
yeah, public_html is a where your subdomain pulls files from to show a web page to someone. with out public_html the server doesn't know where to get the files from.

-Tay
winmark
hmm ok, now i have got the drift. SO i need to put the html code of my main page in this index.html file. And rename one folder to images and put all the images in it. Similarly change one file to css and enter the style sheet in it. Great ... will do exactly the same when i get back home. Thanks for your help. Will bug you again if it didn't work Very Happy
Diablosblizz
Please don't classify it as bugging, simply people enjoying what they do. Anyways, remember to put all files into the public_html folder or else it won't work!

Best of luck!