FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vista hidden folders

Tony The Tiger
In C:\Users\TonyTheTiger there is a subfolder AppData that is not visible and whose contents do not appear in windows searches. Two files in subsubfolders of this subfolder are my Firefox forecastfox profile file and my Motorola Mobile Phone Tools contact files. I just reformated and reimaged my Feb 2007 Hewlett Packard Pavilion DV9000 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium and want to place the old versions of these files in the proper locations so I do not have to reenter everything. How do I make this subfolder visible?
Kelvin
The process is similar to the XP operating system whereby you double click on ur "Computer" icon, then go to C drive.... Users.... "Your user name". Then you go to "Tools" then click on "Folder Options"... go to "View" then change the "Do not show hidden files and folders" to "Show hidden files and folders". That should do the job.
Tony The Tiger
Kelvin wrote:
The process is similar to the XP operating system whereby you double click on ur "Computer" icon, then go to C drive.... Users.... "Your user name". Then you go to "Tools" then click on "Folder Options"... go to "View" then change the "Do not show hidden files and folders" to "Show hidden files and folders". That should do the job.

Hewlett-Packard technical support helped me do as you instructed above. For some reason, my system is set so that the Tools menu is not visible by default. The whole File, Edit, View, Tools, Help set of GUI dropdown menues is hidden by default. They taught me to use the alt key to show the menus. Then I could adjust the folder options and such.