FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Paranormal phenomenon

Have you ever witnessed a paranormal phenomena?
No
44%
 44%  [ 15 ]
Sightings of UFOs
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Ghosts
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Noises that shouldn't be heard (e.g chains clicking in an attic)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Sightings of monster (e.g Lochness)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
White/Black magic that actually worked
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Out bodies experiences (near-death)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 34

karysky
Hello,

I don't know if this question was ever asked before but....

Have you ever witnessed a paranormal phenomena?

I have to say that I have, once. I was around seven year old and was sleeping in my bedroom, while living at my grand-parents house. One night I woke up because I was thirsty. So, I put my feet on the floor and noticed someone watching me in the doorway. It was my grand-father.

I asked him, "Grand-pa?"

He did not answer, he was just looking at me. And then, I don't know why, I just started to feel scared. My grand-father's face was all black, I couldn't see his face but only his shape. And there was that light behind him, like an aura. I thought then that it was only the light in the hall behind the door but I am not sure anymore.

Then, as I continued to try to talk to him, he remained silent. I got really really scared. I put my feet back on my bed and turned my back to him, going back to sleep (when I was younger, I had this idea that if I did not face the "enemy", that I was not looking at him, he would think that I did not know he was there, and that he would do all he wanted without having to hurt me because I was not watching him and could not denunce him).

The morning after, I asked my grand-father if he came to my bedroom that night and he said no. For years after I thought I had hallucinated that night, until one day, when my mother told me that she had seen her own grand-father at that spot, in the same bedroom. I talked to her about my own vision and she showed me a picture of my great grand-father. His ressemblance to my own grand-father was striking.

My great grand-father died the night I was born, so I never met him. I like to think that he was the one who visited me, and that he is my angel guardian, of some sort.

I will never know the truth for real, but I would like to go back then, and being prepared to see that apparition again. To see if it was, really, my great grand-father, and if it was, I would have had so many questions for him!
rexrae
No,not yet seen a ghost,apparition or a monster.(Thank GOD)

But as you would comprehend, i believe in God,souls etc and so according to me it is your Gr8-Grand fathers soul.Yes he might be acting like a guardian angel.
I have seen and heard so many abt paranormal happenings around the world through the discovery channel stuff, and also my religion -Hinduism has very good explanations abt these kinds of things,like god is the supersoul,each human being are actually souls bonded to materilalistic bodies,each human soul has attained abt 85% super soul as they developed from sand&rock to plants to animals,and from here on he has to get to 100% and join with the super soul.
Now people when they die are temporarily placed in a soul world.sometimes they visit their old places,friends families etc to see everything is going fine.We have even practices to please the ancestors where we offer food ritualistically to make sure they don't starve when they are reborn somewhere else.

As for monsters,vampires,UFOs we have no proved answers abt whether they exist or not?,are they just imaginations? or whether these sightings were simply meant for some people by some ONE?
earthchild
that's a cool story. I've never actually seen spirit with my open eyes but I've managed to catch little nature spirits in photos.
rexrae
earthchild wrote:
that's a cool story. I've never actually seen spirit with my open eyes but I've managed to catch little nature spirits in photos.

Cool ..post it here for us all to see Shocked
Slammer
Ive got 2 ghosts in my house, well i used to. One lives out on the middle floor of the house, at the bottom of the 2nd set of stairs up to the top floor. Shes an old lady. Ive felt her looking in the doorway through the lil open bit while im on the computer before. And ive seen her vaguely.

Theres also a little boy at the bottom of the first set of stairs, hes only about 2 feet tall though. Ive walked through him before. That was freaky.

They are both friendly though, no weird stuff happens They just seem to sit about.

Ive had some other experiences outside before too with other ghosts. they werent so fun Neutral
xorcist
I never saw a ghost or anything like that. I really wouldnt care if I saw one. I would try to interact with it to see what it will do. I saw some show that shows all these weird ghost sighting and stories. It looks tight it shows all these "ghost" in night vision to see them better.
abone
This is realy true story about spirits

My story;

Yes, I don't know what you think about me because i asked this question.When i was 12 years old,I had seen 3 spirit which moving around a circle.They were look like orko you can remember him from heman or shera.

I have added a few picture below with links for the people who could't remember orko.

http://p-dex.de/pummeldex/ktoon/shera/orko.htm

They were really look like orko,totally 3 orko.

And I have drawn this following picture with my hands by using paint program and uploaded to a free image hosting to show you how the spirit were moving their bodies around a circle.

or

thisone

http://img466.imageshack.us/my.php?image=moving3hw.jpg

I am looking forward to see your comments,please.

Thanks.
rexrae
i am an UTTERMOST God believer

so my opinion on why people see ghosts is that

god actually reminds him from time to time that there is paranormal,there are spirits, there are extraordinary happenings incomprehensible for the human mind and there is ME,God himself above all.

And these kinds of visions affect/ or make an important effect in materialistic/practical people who don't bother to think above a certain level and carry on with their fast lives.
sarapicoazul
I saw a devil once.
Nameless
I can hereby own all paranormal crap, supernatural garbage and otherwordly bull****:

Prove it.

HA! OWNED! I have never seen anything that even remotely resembles proof for ANY paranormal thing, EVER, which makes the whole thing sound just a touch suss. And don't even get me started on the sheer impossibility of the claims or the phycological reasons that people believe them.

*awaits dozens of responses telling me I'm a close-minded fool*
Yazz
You're a close minded fool!

Nah, anyways, proof is the flaw of the paranormal. If you want to believe in the paranormal, stop believing in proof.

Yay!
crimson_aria
I've never seen one as far as I can remember. I never wished to see. But my parents told me that when I was a kid, I kept calling and pointing at my grandfather who just died. Also, when I was young, I remember hearing a loud knocking at the door of the other room, even my grandfather and sister heard it. I hurried to open the door because I thought someone got locked inside, but when I opened it, noone was there. The man who used to sleep a lot (and get locked) in that room just died when that happened.
Sickness

buh! hahaha
wombatrpgs
abone wrote:

Might me an old post, but I can't help pointing out that Te whole seriusness of that post was lost on me by thatpoint. Alhtoug nice artistic skills.
cybernerf
i have already seen a ghost in real life.... just here in my house at 2am in the early morning... and i think it is a white lady.. the first time you saw it you will be shocked for a minute and would suddenly burst yourself in terror...

anyways, it was a shocking and terrible experience..
Craeft
The survey question needs to have a "many of the above" or "more than one" option.

I do paranormal investigations here in Michigan. I've noticed quite a few things on our property alone.

Yazz brings up a fairly good point:
Quote:
Nah, anyways, proof is the flaw of the paranormal. If you want to believe in the paranormal, stop believing in proof.

That's why we prove through disproof. My sister and I are working on formalizing our organization, BANcroft Spirits, Hauntings, and Eerie Events (BANSHEE). We try to take a scientific approach and try to find mundane explanations for things. We debunk 90% of the stuff that we come across. It's that other 10% that we love; the part where we couldn't find a scientific explanation.

I was actually writing in here to try to find anyone else that does investigative work (preferably in the area, but not necessary) as well as trying to find someone who knows where I can locate a fairly inexpensive thermal camera. The least expensive one I have found was 400 dollars and they run all the way up to 22,000 dollars. It needs to be able to be hooked up to a computer so preferably digital. Cassettes will work as long as it can be connected to the computer, but cassettes get pricey.
hlavco
Back when my father was a kid, there was a guy named Mike Dolan who rented out an apartment in his grandparents' house. Dolan always looked out for the kids, bringing them candy and toys and stuff. Eventually he passed away in that apartment.

Several years later, my dad's little cousin returned from playing in the park across the street. The cousin had only been a few months old when Dolan died and didn't really know him. But when he came home that day, he told the grandparents "I met a man in the park today. He said his name was Mike Dolan and he wanted me to tell you he says 'hi'."

And then he pulled out a photograph the man in the park had given him. Sure enough, it was a picture of Mike Dolan, the guy who had passed away in the apartment years before. Weird.
Chris65536
I ticked the "UFO" thing on the above poll. I emphasise the fact that UFO stands for "Unidentified Flying Object", not "Alien Spacecraft". It was some weird light that bobbed up and down, then went behind a tree and didn't come out the other side. Could have been a helicopter and the bobbing was the autokinetic effect (it was night). So I don't know.

I also saw an IFO once (Identified Flying Object). Basically, I saw some lights in a circle-ish pattern (think of the "traditional" flying saucer with the lights on the underside) flying towards me. I stood where I was, and as it passed overhead I saw it was an aeroplane with the wing-lights on. It looked like a disk at the time!

And one time aliens took me into their spaceship for tea and crumpets before probing me, but that's not really an interesting story. Laughing
wombatrpgs
Wow, this topic got resurrected after two years...

Anyway, with the Mike Dolan story, it would be advisable to consider someone's playing a practical joke. A very good one, actually. Gives me some ideas.

As for UFOs... It is remarkable how often people fail to make that distinction. You can't really claim anything about a UFO unless you're positively identifying it, which is very hard after the fact. And an alien shuttle wouldn't really be a UFO as it would be identified as an alien spacecraft... Weird.
Srs2388
I have used magic before. not the harry potter stuff. wicca. i summoned a ghost without telling a friend he wanted to spend the night so we both stayed in my room took some pics etc.
we had some crazy things he had no idea about it.
he heard stuff calling out my name.. it was crazy so i did a native american ritual I am over half anyways....
it all stopped. (sort of)
he was so scared he had tears in his eyes and he is 22
Craeft
I really am trying to bite my tongue. I have a hard time with Crystal Twinkie Fluff Bunny stuff... but are you Wiccan or Native American? Can't be both. Ecclecticism is not a religion. And magick is just magick. It isn't linked to any religion. Sorry... but one of the things that really really pisses me off are ecclectic fluff bunnies who did/do it because "it's cool"... and I have a serious feeling that's why you did/do it. In fact, I am 100% positive of it, judging on your story. If you did it at all.
gugusm
Well, there are some strange things happening in the world, but I just don't think about, even if some of those happened to me Wink
thadnation
I am very skeptical. If someone makes a claim, I'm the first to say, "where's the proof?" there is that 10% of stuff we don't understand, which I won't pass judgment on. I'm open to suggestions. If someone can provide actual, or at least suggestive, proof, then I'll accept that ghosts, etc exist. Until then, I'll stick to what is provable
flyfamilyguy
I've never actually SEEN a ghost, but have heard them. I was very young when one night, I became scared for some reason, and started to run from my dark living room into the even darker hallway. When I entered the hallway, I tripped and fell. I looked up, and towards the blackened bathroom to my right, and in that instant, A deep, evil laugh came out from the bathroom. (There was no one in there), at least no one with a physical body. Scared the SH@! out of me; more than anything in my life since!

On another occasion, my sister, myself and a couple of friends were screwing around with a Weegie Board. I just remember the board suddenly jerking, and then flying out from under our fingers. Never touched one since!
loonix
The house I grew up in gave me my only exposure to events I cannot explain. I would like so much to state firmly that I had a paranormal experience or I saw a ghost but in all honesty I have no idea what it was or what it meant.

From the age of about 5 - 7 there used to be something outside my bedroom door at night. My door was never shut and the landing light used to always be left on as a nightlight. What it was I can only describe as a shadow with a huminoid appearance and the size of an adult. I have very very vivid memories of this and was constantly terrified of going to bed. Nothing ever happened however years and years later I discussed this with my sister who confirmed a figure used to sit on her bed night after night and she described feelings of dread and of being scared but not quite terrified of this shadow. She was actually a bit freaked out even all these years later when I had mentioned this to her.

At the age of 7 I had what I can only describe as a very wierd experience. Having went to bed I spent hour after hour of trying to sleep but being unable to do so due to being wholly consumed by fear that I actually got out of bed and went downstairs to get in bed with my parents. They tucked me in and went back to sleep with me wedged between them. When they fell asleep I saw more shadows. All about 3 feet high. All just shadows, just black shapes. They were all holding hands in a large circle around the bed. They rotated (clockwise/conterclockwise I have no idea) around the bed and were passing thru the wall to one side of me and back out the other again as if the wall didnt exist. This lasted maybe about 5 minutes. I vivdly recall being unable to move but equally not scared. I know it wasn't a dream but an event that was happening at that time at that place.

The remarkable thing is after this event with the figures around the bed the shadow never returned outside my bedroom door. All very bizarre and something I have never been able to explain.
PatTheGreat42
I AM a paranormal phenomenon. WhooooooOOOOOooooo. See? Those were my ghost sounds.

Hoo-boy it's late.
Craeft
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
I AM a paranormal phenomenon. WhooooooOOOOOooooo. See? Those were my ghost sounds.

Hoo-boy it's late.

Was that the ghost of an owl? I heard it. I thought it was pretty good. But the intonation was a little off. Razz
crimson_aria
I have never seen a ghost.. none as I remember. my parents told me that when I was a kid, I kept on calling my father's father who died before I was born and never met. I can't remember that anymore though.

The only closest thing I had was a sound. There was this good family friend of ours who died of a heart attack. He used to spend his afternoon naps in the empty apartment we own right beside our house. He got locked inside many times. One day another friend slept there and asked me to not let anyone lock the door from outside cause she'll be sleeping in there. And I totally forgot about her. I was talking with my grandfather and sister hours after when we heard a loud constant knocking from the apartment's door. I didn't think it was anything paranormal and thought someone accidentally locked her inside so i went to open it. but then, when I opened the door, there was no one inside, only wind. I ran back to the house and was not able to close the door anymore. My sister then told me that the one who slept there left the apartment moments ago already.
Rico
cybernerf wrote:
... the first time you saw it you will be shocked for a minute and would suddenly burst yourself in terror...

Be so kind as to cast a little more light on the term "burst yourself in terror". Please explain what you mean by this.

Regards Very Happy
flyfamilyguy
Rico wrote:
cybernerf wrote:
... the first time you saw it you will be shocked for a minute and would suddenly burst yourself in terror...

Be so kind as to cast a little more light on the term "burst yourself in terror". Please explain what you mean by this.

Regards Very Happy

Ya know; Burst, Explode, pop! Wink Though I personally never felt that I was going to 'Pop' in terror.
Thats a new one.
Gonzalo
There is an old man in the hood who is rather sasquaschy like. We tried to catch him one time. We failed.
wombatrpgs
The problem with asking people for evidence is that it's all anecdotal. You can never prove paranormal phenomena by inquiring about experiences people have had with it before. It's very nice so many of you "believe" in this stuff due to personal experience, but it can never convince anyone.
Craeft
wombatrpgs wrote:
The problem with asking people for evidence is that it's all anecdotal. You can never prove paranormal phenomena by inquiring about experiences people have had with it before. It's very nice so many of you "believe" in this stuff due to personal experience, but it can never convince anyone.

I don't think anyone ever tried to convince anyone of anything. You're right, though. As with all things, it has to be experienced to be fully believed. That doesn't mean that we should stop sharing our experiences; especially those of us who had experienced things, which seems to be the majority of the posters and the purpose of the thread.

Evidence is nonrefutable. However, when it comes to this kind of thing, you could show someone cold, hard evidence and they'll say, "Oh. You doctored the photo" or "there was something wrong with [x piece of equipment]", or similar. That is why personal experience is key to this sort of thing. People will discount the undiscountable and will allow to pass the scams and shams. Funny creatures we are.
wombatrpgs
Craeft wrote:
Evidence is nonrefutable. However, when it comes to this kind of thing, you could show someone cold, hard evidence and they'll say, "Oh. You doctored the photo" or "there was something wrong with [x piece of equipment]", or similar. That is why personal experience is key to this sort of thing. People will discount the undiscountable and will allow to pass the scams and shams. Funny creatures we are.

That's probably accurate. I believe that's the definition of a debate versus an argument, anyway. If neither party is going to be convinced, then both are wasting their breath. Not that we're going to stop arguing, anyway. Like you said. Humans are funny creatures.