FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

500 internal server error?

psycosquirrel
I keep getting the following error:

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@syn4ps3.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have gotten it with both Joomla and Wordpress installs on the site. Both installs worked fine, and work fine most of the time. On occasion (today), the server is throwing errors.

Any help?

Move this if it is in the wrong place, please! Smile
LostOverThere
I get this error a lot with my phpBB forums but not my Wordpress blog.

Weird, eh?
leontius
Duplicate of http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-96139.html ...
psycosquirrel
Thanks, Leo.

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Ugh. I'll just watch the other thread. Admins can close this if desired.
LostOverThere
I'm not sure about you guys, but for me I'm sensing that this issue is getting progressively worse.
shkhanal
frihost was not like this some times ago. I don't know what has happened. I'm facing same problem too often on my Joomla site as well as phpBB site. I guess they are working hard to fix the problem. but its occuring now and then. Whe the site is operating its perfect, fast and elagent. Sometimes the site is felt slower and slower and ultimately after few minutes its found 500 internal server error.

Lets hope it will be traced out and the problem removed for ever.
psycosquirrel
It is getting worse. It is quite annoying.

Is there any way we can jump servers? That may be too much to ask though.
Bondings
I'm trying to solve this issue. It's not an easy problem to fix, especially lately since it almost never happens when I check.
LostOverThere
Thank-you so much Bondings. Smile
Fatality
Just wanted to add an update.

I was getting this error a few weeks ago for a day or two then it went away, but its back again today.

Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@fatality.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I know it's not my databases, because they're fine and the site runs normally every other day.

EDIT: I think it is also worth noting that whenever this seems to happen I am unable to access my cPanel. I can log in, but nothing loads or it gives me errors.
Fatality
I checked my site about an hour after I posted before and everything was working fine. Something causes the database based websites to go down for periods time. Not sure what it would be, just thought I'd try to provide some more info as to help pin point the issue.
Bondings
I think it happens mostly when a backup is taken and the main server is overloaded. It's not really something I can do about. However it's happening a lot less frequently, I believe. At least I haven't seen the 500 error since quite a while and I regularly check sites on vps1.
Spiritfall
I get the same error when I try to save Global Configuration settings in Joomla. I reinstalled Joomla but I still get the same error. Haven't you found out whats wrong yet? Sad