FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


too lazy to post.. crowded? or is it just me?





meangurl
i used to hang out a lot here, i'm probably one of the first few members here when they started and yeah, i do love it here.. but is it just me or does anyone else feel a little bit lazy to post since it's very crowded.. you know, will all the new members, new post each second (lolx) and so on... does anyone feel the same or is it just me?

i dunno why but i prefer to post in a forum where there are still few members and posts... seems easier for me. what do you think?
S3nd K3ys
It would be much better if we could 'ignore' certain forums. It's depressing having to wade thru the piles and piles of useless posts to get to the real juicy ones.

Perhaps admin will take notice and allow us to view only what we choose. There's too many languages here now to be able to skim past them.
Bondings
meangurl wrote:
i used to hang out a lot here, i'm probably one of the first few members here when they started and yeah, i do love it here.. but is it just me or does anyone else feel a little bit lazy to post since it's very crowded.. you know, will all the new members, new post each second (lolx) and so on... does anyone feel the same or is it just me?

i dunno why but i prefer to post in a forum where there are still few members and posts... seems easier for me. what do you think?

If a forum becomes larger, there will always be problems. But to keep providing free hosting, we needed to grow to at least this size. It's also hard for me to keep up with the support forum, account changes and guest questions. Almost every day it takes a few minutes longer to answer all questions.

Making this forum smaller is not an option, I hope you realize that. Making it more attractive to post in is however an option. I'm open for all possible ideas.

I added the "Featured Discussions" on the index page with the most important/interesting threads. That might make it easier to find good threads. It's just hard for me to determine which threads should be in there, of course and how often I should add a new one.

S3nd K3ys, I am planning to completely change the forum index page, but that won't be for the soon future. I will try to add a possibitity to ignore certain forums by then.
But I don't understand your point about the language forums. They are all situated on the bottom, so why do they bother?
S3nd K3ys
Bondings wrote:
...
But I don't understand your point about the language forums. They are all situated on the bottom, so why do they bother?


I don't usually use the index. (Well, lately I have been, because of the 8 to 10 pages of posts I see if I don't log on for a day Very Happy ).

It's getting too crowded in the NEW POSTS SINCE LAST VISIT. Being able to ignore places like Hosting Requests, the foriegn language forums etc will allow me to use NEW POSTS again without spending my entire break deciding what I should read and what I shouldn't.

Thanks for your continued work, (and patience with some of my threads), I really appreciate it (from a user's AND from an admin's standpoint). I honestly do know how tough it is.

O/T I just edited my post to remove the irrelevant quotes, and actually GAINED .00000000000132003 points! Very Happy
frozenhead
meangurl wrote:
does anyone feel the same or is it just me?


Yeah.. me too!.. I make sure I visit Frihost 3 times a week and dig in "interesting topics".. I guess it's the interest why sometimes we get lazy posting.. or maybe there'ar no new topics posted..

Its good that Bondings' and his crew think of other ways to give life in our forum and that is the featured discussions..
Monkeydog
This forum wasn't too active when I came but now it is.Most of the time I'll post once or twice a day but I usually stay away from active forums.
It's just not that nice of a community when there are tons of posts a day and only a few by actual active members.
I like a nice,close,community when I decied to join a forum.Makes posting more enjoyable, I guess.
Wynand
I actually like the many users. You do not have to wait for a reply for long.

Another advantage is the more users there are, the more knowledge there are in this place. So if you have a problem, the chance that is will be resolved is much greater with more users.
whplace
I like forums with lots of memebers. A well built one! like frihost!

I love it here!

Regards,

whplace
silvermesh
more knowledge, and more foolishness, but it's all in good fun.

I like a high paced forum, so long as the admin can keep it under a tight enough ship that it doesn't evolve into chaos. This place seems just fine to me Wink
rightclickscott
I visit this forum everyday, because I have too much free time. I'm no fan of big forums, and I hardly ever read every thread. Most of the time, I just skim through the general disscussion for short threads (because I don't want to read an entire thread with 5 pages unless I've been with it since he beginning) that have titles that peek my interest, just like this one. Then I skim down to the Anime and Comics and Games forums, and rarely the Movies and Television and Music forums. But the one thing, the one defining reason why I'm here, it's because everyday, I look at my frih$s and ask the same question: "How the ****** did I get so many of those." It's harder to make friends on a big forum, and that's all I do on forums, most of the time. Still, I enjoy this, especially for the free hosting, which I desperately needed, and I post alot on other forums, it was so easy for me to get into this. Plus, I love make 4 point posts just like this one.
Miniwood
I'm new here so I can't comment on what it was like 'in the old days' but I've been on many forums and lists through the years. Big and active or small and friendly, it's a matter of personal taste really. Some people like to live in the big city, others in a small village in the country. It depends on how comfortable you are with a crowd around you.

The main thing I've noticed when small forums get large, and you were there when it was small, is that you have a feeling that you must read every post. You always did in the past. But the forum outstrips your ability and you don't feel like you're part of it anymore.

You have to adapt and accept that you will only be interested in a minority of threads. After all, if you went out in New York or London you would not want to speak to everybody.
hlavco
I do like small forums better than large ones, but it also depends on the character of the forums. Some have funny poeple and some have annoying poeple...

Also, in a forum like this, people are required to post to keep their points up, so of course there will be tons of posts.
n0obie4life
Welcome back meangurl,

Yes, frihost is getting more and more active these days and there have been huge changes since you weren't here.
tidruG
n0obie4life wrote:
Welcome back meangurl,

Yes, frihost is getting more and more active these days and there have been huge changes since you weren't here.

she isn't back.... this topic was bumped by someone... look at the original post... September, 2005.
pjv
it's good to have lots of members, you'll never run out of topics to discuss. the downside is too much of worthless posting. Sad
Citizen Kane
Monkeydog wrote:
This forum wasn't too active when I came but now it is.Most of the time I'll post once or twice a day but I usually stay away from active forums.
It's just not that nice of a community when there are tons of posts a day and only a few by actual active members.
I like a nice,close,community when I decied to join a forum.Makes posting more enjoyable, I guess.


If this were a closed comunity, Frihost wouldn't work even for a minute. Indeed it's skimming through all the new posts to get through the interesting ones, but isn't that a challenge? Even for newer members like me, who will eventually also become more or less of the "old Garde", it's difficult. I also wasn't much of a forum man. Thought it was just a waste of time. But since I've been here I'm always eagerly awaiting personal reactions or people reacting directly to what I've say. And with such a large forum, that makes it very nice, because there are always a couple of people who are willing to do that.

I didn't think I'd like the place this much. But I do, and I'm glad for it. Frihost works for me. Just BECAUSE there are a lot of members. If it wouldn't be for that, I wouldn't take up the hosting.
frozenhead
tidruG wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
Welcome back meangurl,

Yes, frihost is getting more and more active these days and there have been huge changes since you weren't here.

she isn't back.... this topic was bumped by someone... look at the original post... September, 2005.


Yeah, I noticed it that too! I think this is an old thread though (that was digged in).

I wonder where she is?

Does anyone seen her around?
Bondings
frozenhead wrote:
Does anyone seen her around?

Unfortunately this was her last post. I actually asked her if she wanted to become a moderator a few weeks before this. Wink
selim06
no i search the forum everyday and want post post post again!sometimes it's really hard to make quality posts so i can't post anything and in Turkish forum i was posting only in there but Turkish forum sucked to much because of new members and spams...So please post everybody i spend at least 2 hours on the net and i'm always connect there...And the summer come,so whole of the holiday i will bored.I will spend 6 hour on the net but i won't do anything...May be Frihost solve this problem...Thanks everybody and post...
clip
This is a great forum. Though I've been busy doing some school stuff, I tend to even just read some posts here. I like this site because, after you post a reply on a thread, a new interesting (not always) topic arrives to be posted.

This site is one of the most activest in the www! Very Happy
nilsmo
It does get a little hard to keep up with discussions here when you've got your own stuff to do.
xoxmeholly
All of the bigger forums have this problem. It's just something you should embrace, instead of complaining about. Now there are so many more people to talk to. I bet you can remember starting threads, and not getting a reply to them for a long time. Now there's SO many members to reply to your posts! And when the forum started you probably complained because it was too boring, no one was here, and there were only like, 10 posts. Now there are so many people to reply to. Don't complain! This is much better for the forum.
Helios
meangurl wrote:
i used to hang out a lot here, i'm probably one of the first few members here when they started and yeah, i do love it here.. but is it just me or does anyone else feel a little bit lazy to post since it's very crowded.. you know, will all the new members, new post each second (lolx) and so on... does anyone feel the same or is it just me?

i dunno why but i prefer to post in a forum where there are still few members and posts... seems easier for me. what do you think?


Agree with you.
(I'm aware of the date)

FriHost grew big.
It is a good thing, but also a bad thing.

In my point of view, it's a bad thing.
I pretty much lost the interest of posting here...
I still find some interesting topics from time to time - for this reason and this reason only i'm an active member.
cavey
With such a huge forum, it's extra important to have a describing subject on the threads. So we dont have to open 100 threads each day to see if some of it could be of any interest.

It also helps with the hardworking moderators here keeping the forum in order :)

You can also go to only the categories that interest you, instead of using the "active topics"-list.
Aless
I like to just see what topics have new posts in them, and I go to those first, since they are the active discussions.
mceejaydee
Well i'm too lazy to post. I get inactivity warnings like every 3 days or something and so I post here to get my points back up.
Idoru
I have to say, that even if I get the point, I am of a completly different
opinion. We live in a time loaded with information, and there is an
enormous growth every day. We choose what to ingest by chooice,
by beeing manuvered and by coincidence. That's not only the way it
is here, in a large and growing forum, but in life in general, especially
in the western world. We find different methods of putting up with it,
but at the end, I must say that it isn't a problem. Having acces to something
doesn't mean that you have to explore it. You have to learn how to have
a self-preserving approach, that's all. Wether you do yoga, just close your
eyes, get drunk or go heads over heels in to a crowded forum you got to
know yourself well enough to be able to relax in the moment, or you will
find all sorts of things hard to digest.

So, about this beeing a to big forum to have quallity - NO.
It's searchable, quite easy to find in and has several purposes.
Just to ignore and highlight what you like Smile
Only the moderators that need to get a headache from at least
scrying through every little post Wink
bob hawke
considering this forum is just a giant data collection agency used by nasa in conjuction with MI6, it needs necesarily to be fill with many useres posting all the time.

considereing your posts are searched and then filtered and matched towards a series of advertising componies whom pay to advertise here, which are then of course displayed in your advertising bar on the side of the forum, There is a lot of data being collected by your right now.

i need not say how Nasa and MI6 use this informtion for i fear for my saftey in my little phone shop at Albury Wodongoa in Austrlia.


So in short, lots of users this place will always have, if its to continue to provide apparnt convientant reliable webhosting Wink
ryanh2006
Personally I think its great that this forum is growing at the rate that it is. The more members join, the more interesting the topics become. Sure the real world interferes but nobody said anything about needing to spend hours online. I am a busy college student and I don't get nearly as many chances to post as I would like but heck I can't complain because when I do log in every now and again there is always loads of great content to wade through. Its awesome that friHost is becoming really popular because that means that it will probably be here to stay Razz !
jongoldsz
I think that having users is a good thing, but when a site has over 1000 active users, there will be some problems. It will be hard for staff to keep up because they have to go to each thread to see the most recent posts and every time they think they are done, probably 20 more posts appear.
hahame
i like to read some posts ,but i dislike to post them,because my english is poor ,so i can not write what i want to express.so i am not lazy,just my englist is not good.
Related topics
change the WHM skeleton
Where should I post a request?
Downloading the Internet!
post nuke problem
STEVEN WRIGHT QUOTES
an't install post nuke
How post picture in the forum?
Using cron.
Just curious... what's your folks' business model?
Post nuke
I wont be able to post for sometime
After cration...
Does anyone believe that the U.S. is a corrupt government?
State your Political Philosophy! (1000 FRIH$ to the best!)
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.