FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can webmaster keep my site without deleting it?

jaleung
Hello there dear site admin, can you generously keep my site without deleting it since I am going overseas and will not be able to be active on this forum for half a year. I have some important information on my site and I just don't want it to lose, as long as I do want my friends to visit my site during my outing. I will probably be able to talk more and play active on the forum after the outing.....thank you very much if u can give me a hand Crying or Very sad
budazz
half year is too long...i think, just create a backup with your site....then request for hosting again...but it's just a suggestion.... only the admin can only decide for that.... Very Happy
Bondings
jaleung wrote:
Hello there dear site admin, can you generously keep my site without deleting it since I am going overseas and will not be able to be active on this forum for half a year. I have some important information on my site and I just don't want it to lose, as long as I do want my friends to visit my site during my outing. I will probably be able to talk more and play active on the forum after the outing.....thank you very much if u can give me a hand Crying or Very sad

Use cpanel to back it up and then download the backup from your account. With that backup you can easily restore your website like it was before.
waiteck
Bondings wrote:
jaleung wrote:

Use cpanel to back it up and then download the backup from your account. With that backup you can easily restore your website like it was before.

Err.. Do we also need to do a backup of files? The php files,html files, folders and whatsoeva?
Bondings
The backup in cpanel has all your files and databases.
n0obie4life
Well, everyone just has to come in and say the some thing, but their site is active..