FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How to access CPanel/DirectAdmin from behind a firewall





orno
What is this sticky about? Well if you didnt understand from the topic already, heres a description of the problem. You get hosted by frihost after 5 GOOD, MEANINGFUL posts. All happy, you try to access your cPanel. Oh no, you receive a time-out or page cannot be found error. You try accessing www.frihost.net/cpanel and all other combinations with port no 2082 etc. Still nothing. Your dreams are shattered, no more can you become the e-business billionaire that you dreamt of. Well no need to worry, there's always a way out!!!

Either set an exception for port 2082 in your firewall Laughing or use this very cool script called cPanelProxy

What does it do?
Quote:
Its purpose is to give access to cPanel (including webmail and WHM) at port 80 by acting like a proxy. (For people behind strict firewalls.)

How to install?
2 methods, manually or use the autoinstall feature...I have used both successfully without any problems.

Manual Install:
- Get onto cPanel once, somehow, from a computer NOT behind a firewall
- Through cPanel, create the subdomain "cpanel.yourname.frihost.net"
- Download and unzip cPanelProxy.zip from HERE
- FTP these unzipped files across to "public_html/cpanel". (Should be 3 files in all: cpanelproxy.php, php.ini and .htaccess)

AutoInstall:
- Fill in your details in the form here: http://cpanelproxy.net/autoinstall
(For server name put in frihost.net)
- Sit back any enjoy...the script does everything for you Smile

Usage:
Since the subdomain takes a few hours (maybe a day or two sometimes) in order to get activated wait a while, then simply point your browser to http://cpanel.yourname.frihost.net. Voila!

Disclaimer:
Do not hold me responsible if installing this script results in your site being deleted by hackers, aliens taking over the earth, or n0obie4life stealing all your $$. All I can say is that I have used it so far, without any problems.

Also, if you have problems while installing this, I can offer to install it for free for anyone. I have already done so for amsilva, and I think he was quite happy with the "job" so you can trust me not to delete your info, and change your password once its working.

All hatemail, if any, should be redirected to no0bie4life Laughing


EDIT:
Since we have a new server runing directadmin, ppl might encounter the same firewall problems with this too. Simply use http://cp.frih.net to access DirectAdmin or try and change cPanelProxy to DirectAdminProxy yourself Smile
n0obie4life
Sad. But, whats my email Razz.

Anyway, great tutorial, we should see less cpanel problems.
Val
You can also use a service like http://www.the-cloak.com/anonymous-surfing-home.html
Daniel15
The script asks for a username and password, right?

If so, why don't you get it installed at cpanel.frihost.com. That way, anyone can use it without having to manually install onto their account.
dan751
I thought of asking that question too, but I'm fine with writing out the whole address. Wink
webapp
I use Cpanel proxy for accessing the cpanel /webmail behind firewall......

i have installed the same using the autoinstaller. it is very nice and easy to use program.
ashok
i'm using tiny firewall. no problems with acessing the cpanel. Smile
webapp
Firewall i meant was something like the ones on corporate networks.........


Corporates/Schools use proxyservers/firewalls to connect to net

it won't allow u to connect on port 2082 or so..
dan751
webapp wrote:
Firewall i meant was something like the ones on corporate networks.........


Corporates/Schools use proxyservers/firewalls to connect to net

it won't allow u to connect on port 2082 or so..


I know and it annoys me, cause I want to connect to cPanel via a secure connection while at school and I can't cause I can't access ports other than 80 and 443 and in order to get a secure connection to cPanel, I need port 2083.
tkcy
so does it mean that there is no way i can get through my sch firewall??? Help!!!
merlik
Is there going to be one for DirectAdmin at port 2222? I just got my account and am very excited to use it but I am stuck on the ship and the only port I can access is 80. The ship uses a proxy/firewall so I can't really do anything. Thanks for your help. I am evry excited to get started using your service.
dan751
merlik wrote:
Is there going to be one for DirectAdmin at port 2222? I just got my account and am very excited to use it but I am stuck on the ship and the only port I can access is 80. The ship uses a proxy/firewall so I can't really do anything. Thanks for your help. I am evry excited to get started using your service.

According to the cpanelproxy.net FAQ (http://cpanelproxy.net/faq), cPanel Proxy could possibly be adapted to work on other web host control panels. So, the answer is probably yes.
Bockman
merlik wrote:
Is there going to be one for DirectAdmin at port 2222? I just got my account and am very excited to use it but I am stuck on the ship and the only port I can access is 80. The ship uses a proxy/firewall so I can't really do anything. Thanks for your help. I am evry excited to get started using your service.


merlik i already know there is one. so don't dispair, there is a sollution. i just don't know if it is in Frihost or not. Bondings may check this.

Be Well Cool
Val
I don't know if it's work, but try this new anonymizer : http://www.merletn.org/anonymizer for your DirectAdmin.
Bondings
merlik wrote:
Is there going to be one for DirectAdmin at port 2222? I just got my account and am very excited to use it but I am stuck on the ship and the only port I can access is 80. The ship uses a proxy/firewall so I can't really do anything. Thanks for your help. I am evry excited to get started using your service.

You may use http://cp.frih.net/ to access through port 80 to DirectAdmin.
n0obie4life
Wasn't it.

http://frih.net/config

Or

http://<subdomain>.frih.net/config
Bockman
n0obie4life wrote:
Wasn't it.

http://frih.net/config

Or

http://<subdomain>.frih.net/config


Bondings is talking about a proxy for port 80. probably he added a subdomain.. the redirect really isn't important is it? Wink

Be Well Cool
Bondings
The config redirect is important for people like no0bie, who simply can't connect directly to a different port, but have to be redirected to connect to it.
webapp
Guys I just updated the cpanel proxy script so that it can accomodate the directadmin

here is the script, I haven't been able to try /debug it since i do not have a Direct Admin Account.


Letme know if it works fine

http://infocus.frihost.net/cPanelProxy.zip

usage : Extract the .php file to replace the one u currently have

Create a subdomain directadmin.yourname.frih.net

and type in directadmin.yourname.frih.net in your browser.
dan751
You know what else I found out, regarding cPanel.. You can access your cPanel while going through someone else's cPanel subdomain. For example, if you go to cpanel.examplesubdomain.frihost.net and type in YOUR login info, you will still be able to manage and control your stuff -but not his/hers-.Wink
dxhunter
How to join DirectAdmin ? I know Cpanel writing hostname.frihost.net/cpanel is oK... but no join directadmin ? hostname.frihost.net/CMD_LOGIN is correct ? but i cant join it what i make Sorry Laughing
Gates
Bondings wrote:
merlik wrote:
Is there going to be one for DirectAdmin at port 2222? I just got my account and am very excited to use it but I am stuck on the ship and the only port I can access is 80. The ship uses a proxy/firewall so I can't really do anything. Thanks for your help. I am evry excited to get started using your service.

You may use http://cp.frih.net/ to access through port 80 to DirectAdmin.


LET ME USE IT AT SCHOOL! THX!
goodforum
WoW! so detail! thx a lot Razz
Aelita
haha that's funny my work doesn't aloow you to even view that page... And I think it's an install file which i wouldn't even use here... I only go so far to try and avoid bordem here at work.. So I'll hopefuly have a new position, and bordem won't even be a problem...
fionab
Reading all this info on ports and firewalls has me thinking that I am still convinced that is my problem why I cannot log onto my forum as admin, I am behind a firewall on one connection that does not allow me access and the other connection no firewall. Has anyone else had this experience and can hel me out?
fionab
OK so the only thing that has worked has been this http://www.merletn.org/anonymizer
Why does that work. What does it hide, how can I change my system to do the same?
Philip
Quote:
Manual Install:
- Get onto cPanel once, somehow, from a computer NOT behind a firewall
- Through cPanel, create the subdomain "cpanel.yourname.frihost.net"
- Download and unzip cPanelProxy.zip from HERE
- FTP these unzipped files across to "public_html/cpanel". (Should be 3 files in all: cpanelproxy.php, php.ini and .htaccess)


create create the subdomain "cpanel.yourname.frih.net" and link to where ? google.com ? Razz

and will it secure ?

thanks
prototype_angel
orno wrote:
What is this sticky about? Well if you didnt understand from the topic already, heres a description of the problem. You get hosted by frihost after 5 GOOD, MEANINGFUL posts. All happy, you try to access your cPanel. Oh no, you receive a time-out or page cannot be found error. You try accessing www.frihost.net/cpanel and all other combinations with port no 2082 etc. Still nothing. Your dreams are shattered, no more can you become the e-business billionaire that you dreamt of. Well no need to worry, there's always a way out!!!

Either set an exception for port 2082 in your firewall Laughing or use this very cool script called cPanelProxy

What does it do?
Quote:
Its purpose is to give access to cPanel (including webmail and WHM) at port 80 by acting like a proxy. (For people behind strict firewalls.)

How to install?
2 methods, manually or use the autoinstall feature...I have used both successfully without any problems.

Manual Install:
- Get onto cPanel once, somehow, from a computer NOT behind a firewall
- Through cPanel, create the subdomain "cpanel.yourname.frihost.net"
- Download and unzip cPanelProxy.zip from HERE
- FTP these unzipped files across to "public_html/cpanel". (Should be 3 files in all: cpanelproxy.php, php.ini and .htaccess)

AutoInstall:
- Fill in your details in the form here: http://cpanelproxy.net/autoinstall
(For server name put in frihost.net)
- Sit back any enjoy...the script does everything for you Smile

Usage:
Since the subdomain takes a few hours (maybe a day or two sometimes) in order to get activated wait a while, then simply point your browser to http://cpanel.yourname.frihost.net. Voila!

Disclaimer:
Do not hold me responsible if installing this script results in your site being deleted by hackers, aliens taking over the earth, or n0obie4life stealing all your $$. All I can say is that I have used it so far, without any problems.

Also, if you have problems while installing this, I can offer to install it for free for anyone. I have already done so for amsilva, and I think he was quite happy with the "job" so you can trust me not to delete your info, and change your password once its working.

All hatemail, if any, should be redirected to no0bie4life Laughing


EDIT:
Since we have a new server runing directadmin, ppl might encounter the same firewall problems with this too. Simply use http://cp.frih.net to access DirectAdmin or try and change cPanelProxy to DirectAdminProxy yourself Smile



thank you so much. I was really suffering because when I went back to my university I could not acess directadmin. I was actually considering changing my host. How stupid of me.
Frihost rocks.
gnllr
I've still tried everything suggested so far and I cannot access my cpanel/DirectAdmin. I still get a blank screen. Any other thoughts?

Thanks...
gnllr
The only time I'm getting a sign-on window is when I type:

http://www.frihost.net/cpanel

However, it won't accept my username/passoword. Otherwise I get a blank screen... Confused
Animal
gnllr wrote:
The only time I'm getting a sign-on window is when I type:

http://www.frihost.net/cpanel

However, it won't accept my username/passoword. Otherwise I get a blank screen... Confused


That's because you're hosted on server 2 which uses Direct Admin and not cpanel. Can you not access your admin panel using http://cp.frih.net ?
gnllr
Thanks Animal for your reply. No, I'm still getting a blank screen trying http://cp.frih.net. Do you think this is still a firewall issue? I have disabled all my firewalls (windows, etc.) but still nothing.

Thanks for the help!
Animal
gnllr wrote:
Thanks Animal for your reply. No, I'm still getting a blank screen trying http://cp.frih.net. Do you think this is still a firewall issue? I have disabled all my firewalls (windows, etc.) but still nothing.

It could be a hardware firewall (eg on your router) - you need to open up port 2222. It also depends on where you're accessing the site from - my work network blocks acess to port 2222 as do several internet cafes. You may also need to check with your ISP to see if it has blocked the port.
gnllr
Got it! FYI, it WAS the hotel I was staying at--their firewall. Oh well, I know now...I tried to get a public IP address but that still didn't seem to work. I travel a lot so I'm hopeful I can find a solution around this problem on the road.
Vyriix
Does anyone still have a copy of cpanelproxy for directadmin modded by webapp? the link seems to be down Sad
SpellcasterDX
Vyriix wrote:
Does anyone still have a copy of cpanelproxy for directadmin modded by webapp? the link seems to be down Sad

How do you keep a copy of a link? Confused
Vyriix
webapp wrote:
Guys I just updated the cpanel proxy script so that it can accomodate the directadmin

here is the script, I haven't been able to try /debug it since i do not have a Direct Admin Account.


Letme know if it works fine

http://infocus.frihost.net/cPanelProxy.zip

usage : Extract the .php file to replace the one u currently have

Create a subdomain directadmin.yourname.frih.net

and type in directadmin.yourname.frih.net in your browser.


I was asking for this copy of cPanelProxy modded by webapp last year, in case you did not read this thread thoroughly.
creezalird
Thanx for the guide..I can now access the account even at my university
vynes18
Thanks for sharing this tutorial, before i was don't know what is proxy and what it use. Now i'm get the means and know how it was works.

I can disable the window firewall but unable disable modem firewall, but still can connect ftp via web-based ftp only.

I tried ftp client like coreftp, filezilla and many more free ftp client, but i alway get same problem. I follow correct guide and the message wrote:
Quote:
can't establish connection --> vynes18.frih.net:21 @ Mon Jan 13 01:36:42 2007 (11004-100)
The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for.


What is this message means? i can successfully connect via web-based ftp but alway failed in ftp client.

Please help me, Thanks again.
smartpandian
Thanks for the Tutorial..

And I have nt try this tool as I was not using under corporate network/schools....

I am sure It would be helpful in somepoint of time...

Very Happy
jmlworld
Tried all the above methods, but nothing sounded well, even turned my firewall off, however my connection timed out over port 2222 and port 2082... cPanelPeoxy rejected me too...

Forutnately thank you, Orno, and thanks to your note:
orno wrote:

EDIT:
Since we have a new server runing directadmin, ppl might encounter the same firewall problems with this too. Simply use http://cp.frih.net to access DirectAdmin or try and change cPanelProxy to DirectAdminProxy yourself Smile


I have enjoyed with http://cp.frih.net I have to do with everything on my site now... I can access WHP, Webmail, cPanel.. Woww Laughing
nisibdv
I was never been able to acces Cpanel. Im in a university with proxy so I suppose that is the problem. But I cannot either download the scripts from the given links. (for example, about http://infocus.frihost.net/ my browser says that "domain name does not exist").

Please help me, I have been accessing my account through ftp but now I need to change some configuration settings and need cpanel access.

Thanks a lot to any one willing to help me
nisibdv
Finally I was able to access cpanel through http://72.249.102.79:2082. Excuse me for my previous post.
Faraz
Just wanted to say thanks for this information. I finally got into my cpanel. XD

By the way, the autoinstaller on the site no longer works, so anyone who is having the same trouble can use the following link: http://www.cpanel-proxy.net/demo.php

It will create the subdomains for you, and you only need to upload the files through ftp.
phxvideo
contact you net service...support is good
endless
is the Cpanel down?
Quote:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.frihost.net Port 80


I also get the same message when i try to access my own cpanel
jinnixue
what if I can not visit this website in Office but no problem at home?
hamza1122
just use any proxy that you can find, glype proxies are the best, and then access the website.
Octo
Thanks for posting, I needed this really badly!
eddowii
how do you acsess your cpanel?I am havingBIG problems. Evil or Very Mad
Bondings
eddowii wrote:
how do you acsess your cpanel?I am havingBIG problems. Evil or Very Mad

You don't have an account yet, so obviously it's not working yet. Wink
Nero
Why can't I access my control panel? http://cp.frihost.org/ doesn't work for me and it comes up as address not found, firefox can't find the server at cp.frihost.org. but http://cp.frih.net works for me but I'm not part of that server...
The other two options provided don't work either...
Bondings
Nero wrote:
Why can't I access my control panel? http://cp.frihost.org/ doesn't work for me and it comes up as address not found, firefox can't find the server at cp.frihost.org. but http://cp.frih.net works for me but I'm not part of that server...
The other two options provided don't work either...

I'll try to setup the cp option on server 4 too. I forgot that it wasn't setup yet.
Nero
Second question, why is it that I can access the DirectAdmin login page for Server 4 (somthing.frihost.org/config/) with proxy but not normally? Is it to do with my firewall?
Bondings
Nero wrote:
Second question, why is it that I can access the DirectAdmin login page for Server 4 (somthing.frihost.org/config/) with proxy but not normally? Is it to do with my firewall?

It most likely means that the DirectAdmin port (2222) is blocked. It can be due to your firewall (if that's the case, you can simply unblock it and no problem) or it can be on your network and then you are less lucky.
enkyskateboard
this is so usefull luky for me i got your help
Razz
iman
me too, why can't I access http://cp.frihost.org?
It said: "Name Error: The domain name does not exist."
I'm in using our school's internet.
Nemesis234
any updates on this? i cannot access port 2222 and the download previously posted has expired.
spinout
I reached http://cp.frih.net/ and tried to log in. Password seemed to be wrong??? so I filled in to get a new one... No mail yet! last week I couldn't access http://cp.frih.net/ so it is a bit better but still - I'm waiting for that e-mail...
The password here is correct and supposingly the panel might have the inbuilt frih-webmail-address? what was the URL for the squirrel -mail???
spinout
Ok, I logged in at the webmail and the request had been blocked by a spamfilter...
http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?pr=1&ip=64.120.224.218

Also The link sent do not work... the redirect fails... .... hm, help needed!
spinout
http://localhost:2222/CMD_LOST_PASSWORD?code= aso... does not work... what should it be?
Bondings
spinout wrote:
Ok, I logged in at the webmail and the request had been blocked by a spamfilter...
http://www.barracudanetworks.com/reputation/?pr=1&ip=64.120.224.218

Also The link sent do not work... the redirect fails... .... hm, help needed!

We had a compromised account on the server, sending out spam, that probably caused that. However our ip shouldn't be listed anymore, normally. At least the link you used doesn't indicate it.
spinout
spinout wrote:
http://localhost:2222/CMD_LOST_PASSWORD?code= aso... does not work... what should it be?



i changed local host to cp.frih.net and it worked so far... let see it I got this mail with the new password... Shocked
spinout
nope - now it changed password and it locked me out of the webmail.... Evil or Very Mad And probably I wont get it in my ordinary mailbox... now I am really stuck!!!!
Bondings
spinout wrote:
nope - now it changed password and it locked me out of the webmail.... Evil or Very Mad And probably I wont get it in my ordinary mailbox... now I am really stuck!!!!

I've sent you a new password.
spinout
ok thanks - now I got the webmail working but the cp.frih.net is not letting me in with the new password!? what's wrong there??
Bondings
spinout wrote:
ok thanks - now I got the webmail working but the cp.frih.net is not letting me in with the new password!? what's wrong there??

Maybe try http://cp.frih.org/ ? I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you, seems weird.
spinout
I tried it now and ... No I can't get in!
On my accountpage it points to the .net but it doesn't work there either...

I would like up update the info on the website but I can't get in... Please help!
Bondings
Indeed, I tried the cp.frih.net and cp.frih.org and they don't seem to be working at all. I'll check it out, but I have no idea why.
spinout
if we can't get to our web pages using these links ... Who uses the web hosting here?

Please help!
Bondings
spinout wrote:
if we can't get to our web pages using these links ... Who uses the web hosting here?

Please help!

Almost nobody is using the cp version of the control panel. The default login is http://frih.org:2222/ . The cp version was made for people who have port 2222 blocked.
spinout
I of course have always encountered the port 2222 blocking, even now.. and the Cp worked fine.

Please fix the CP!
Bondings
spinout wrote:
I of course have always encountered the port 2222 blocking, even now.. and the Cp worked fine.

Please fix the CP!

I checked it out and it seems that you changed your password again. I reset it again (check your pm) and now it should work fine on http://cp.frih.org/ (I tested it out myself).
spinout
thx! i testet the .net and I got in! yippie!

Very Happy


HM, i have to enter the password when browsing around - strange but still I can enter it and continue - it wasn't like this before?
Bondings
spinout wrote:
thx! i testet the .net and I got in! yippie!

Very Happy


HM, i have to enter the password when browsing around - strange but still I can enter it and continue - it wasn't like this before?

DirectAdmin sometimes logs you out. I also have that problem sometimes. I'm not sure why this happens. After the second login it usually keeps working though.
spinout
I keeps bouncing me out all the time... everytime I edit a .htm it wants me to log in... It works to login but efter the tenth time it gets kinda suspect Laughing
iyepes
Thanks for this post, I found out why I was unable to login cpanel from my office.
Soloshow56
Pls, can sm1 put me 2ru, am new on diz site. I have registered and i was asked to get here. Pls can sm1 direct me... Pls
Soloshow56
Pls, can sm1 put me 2ru, am new on diz site. I have registered and i was asked to get here. Pls can sm1 direct me... Pls
Soloshow56
Pls, can sm1 put me 2ru, am new on diz site. I have registered and i was asked to get here. Pls can sm1 direct me... Pls
watersoul
Soloshow56 wrote:
Pls, can sm1 put me 2ru, am new on diz site. I have registered and i was asked to get here. Pls can sm1 direct me... Pls


Welcome to the site/forums for a start Smile

Regarding your request for help, you won't get any free hosting (or cPanel access) until you make the required number of quality posts here in the community, and then apply for the free services.

Quality posts do not include txt spk, sav dat 4 ur mobi yeh, but they do include contributing your views and opinions on the many different discussions here on Frihost.
It's a rule that helps keep people out who don't want to make any effort for the services, and it seems to work as this is quite a nice place to get involved with interesting online conversations.

Share your views and post some of the stuff that must be interesting in your life, I bet someone here will share the same things.
You'll get your hosting and free stuff after a while, and by then you'll probably enjoy logging into this place just for the forums as well.
KND1510
help please . . .
lauralettie
thanks for the info there username and password is required , what to use there?
thanks
hamptonbay
You have explain it very well but your link is not open it show some error. Nobody is using the cp version of the control panel.
forsh
Thanks for this information, I am behind a firewall that makes me feel like I am in a prison and makes it hard to get things done...
deanhills
forsh wrote:
Thanks for this information, I am behind a firewall that makes me feel like I am in a prison and makes it hard to get things done...
I know that feeling. Good advice is to invest in a good proxy. Will make things totally different. Haven't had problems with access to cPanel or WHM since then.
daniel_dynamic
Thanks it was very helpful
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.