FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How did you come up with your username?

Jamatu
I came up with mine by using the first 2 letters of my first middle and last names. Pretty simple but I think it turned out alright. So how did you come up with yours?
ani-nightmare
Mine jsut popped into my head lol
orno
one of my friends actually started calling me this...and ever since then (almost 6 years now), it just stuck Smile
n0obie4life
orno wrote:
one of my friends actually started calling me this...and ever since then (almost 6 years now), it just stuck Smile

orno orno orno orno orno.

mine came out as a typo.

it WAS suppose to be noobie4life Rolling Eyes
leat397
My loginID from my last company Laughing
boringest
i think I'm the most boring person in the world and hence, boringest =)
jaleung
my surname is leung and my friend give me the nickname jaleung Laughing
tidruG
heh heh heh... mine takes the cake. I just got toally sick of thinking up usernames... so what do I do? I take my name and reverse it Razz

hence, Gurdit became tidruG
ashok
directly from my name Very Happy
the666bbq
i like barbecuing and the hottest bbq I can imagine is satans bbq hence the666bbq
Dimaod
tidruG wrote:
heh heh heh... mine takes the cake. I just got toally sick of thinking up usernames... so what do I do? I take my name and reverse it Razz

in russian tidrug its like you are friend Wink
My username comes with my place of living and my name....
DIMA ODessa
gh0stface
I use to play Counter-Strike competitvely and when I got more active in gaming activites, I just stuck with this monikor on the forums too.
S3nd K3ys
Because the SendKeys statement is simple, crude and unreliable?
tidruG
Dimaod wrote:
tidruG wrote:

Well, I am trying to be friendly while moderating Very Happy
S3nd K3ys
dovisLT wrote:
fhfgh

Yeah, what he said... Shocked
tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:
dovisLT wrote:
fhfgh

Yeah took it out. He must've posted it while I was still writing my reply, and I missed it as I went directly back to the forum, instead of viewing my message.
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
dovisLT wrote:
fhfgh

Yeah took it out. He must've posted it while I was still writing my reply, and I missed it as I went directly back to the forum, instead of viewing my message.

Very Happy

Usually you guys are faster than me, so I gotta get mine in while I can. Wink
Boskant
It's the village I'm living in. It's very small, but I like it... Razz
monty
hmm....what can i say.
This is my name thats it!
Talmyr
My username took a bit longer to get to it's present form Smile But I make it short:

It is a part of a surname of one of my characters out of a story I wrote.
It took over three years to get to it's current form.
(I took only a part because the complete surname is nearly half a line long Smile )
karysky
It comes from my name (Karyne) and two things...

Sky because I love the sky at night, with all its stars and everything.. but Sky also because at that time, when I made up that name, I was a big star wars fan... and I abbreviated Skywalker into Sky.

Razz
frozenhead
frozenhead

- I always make sure I'm cool even if I got a lot of pressures in work.. Wink
yupeng
My username comes from my real name.
My name is Yupeng.
Then full name is yupeng.
So i use it
waiteck
mine is just part of my name :p. Lazy to think of nice names Sad
Monkeydog
Monkeydog was my nickname in the 6th grade,still sort of my nickname still >.>

I also use Prince of Zeal which is Magus from Chrono Trigger =D
leeleez
mines my last name doubled and with a z on the end "lee" me n my friends like to each other like that.
thhi
need a site for my school stuff ,my school name is thhi so
nunosilva
well... that's my first and last name... not very original... I use to have some logins named "topolino".
I got that nick from a mirc server called dekadence. It said:
"mickey mouse, in italy, is known as topolino"
I liked it and got that nick name... I kinda like mickey mouse... better than goofy hehehehe
snowboardalliance
Its the name of my original freewebs.com site for me and my friends.
MallardHD08
I came up with my name because I love hunting. Ever since I was a little boy I went hunting with my Dad. At first i started deer hunting with just a gun. I used a rimington over/under 20ga. Then i steped up to a Remington .243. Now i hunt diff. animals such as Ducks. My favorite kind of duck is a Mallard. They pertty rare around here so its a good acomplishment to kill one.
bigdan
Well...My real name is Danny, and I'm a big guy...hence bigdan!
Guelila
LOL!!
I used play Counter-Strike,
and I liked the name guerrilla.
but then, I didn't know how to spell it, so.....
Guelila it was...
lol
Che
CHE... Well che is the "nick name" of a brave revolutionary young man called Ernesto Che Guvara. Guy of big ideals, he is the one on the painting of my avatar... He was murdered for his ideals You can learn more about him, just google his name... Movie "Motorcycles Diaries" is based on some of his life...
NYBlue
I live in NY and I love the NY Giants (Big Blue). Very Happy
Dragonfly
My username contains dragon and fly and it makes up another insect name called Dragonfly... I find this interesting...
ewfdemon
I play on an online team, Delta Force Landwarrior. The Team is the Elite World Forces and my player name is Demon....so that's it.
RavenCross
actually Ravencross came from a combination of two words. Raven and Cross..
Raven is the nick i always use in CS, Frozen throne and in IRC and cross.. well I like the way the words combine..
shwetanshu
my first name is my username
amusedtoe
Oh man, I've been amusedtoe for so long now that I can't even remember for sure anymore. If I remember somewhat correctly it was back when I was playing the original Rainbow Six and needed a name for MS's Zone service. Are they even doing that anymore? Anyway I couldn't think of anything that didn't have half a dozen numbers after it so I used their random name generator that combined a couple random words. It brought back a couple different things, one that had amused and one that had toe and it's stuck even when I've tried to move on to something else.
drandyy
im a doctor and my name is andy O_o
psycosquirrel
It came to me in pieces over time...
Jean Havoc
my name is based in a character of an anime called fullmetal alchemist.
lockwolf
Ripped it from a G4TV's mod name (Blackwolf). I have my own music video made by Blackwolf where I got the name (search the net for it, or even better: http://media.putfile.com/Lockwolf)!
Hoogeveense RAT
Hoogeveense RAT. I live in Hoogeveen and that's why it is Hoogeveense. I'm a fan of soccerclub NAC Breda. The fans of this team are called Ratten. So I came up Hoogeveense RAT my username.
threezeroone
My username (threezeroone) came from our section number when we're in the third year college. Our section before was Y-301, I kinda like the number 301 and to make it a little different, I changed the numeric 301 to word. three-zero-one is 301. Smile
budazz
my name "BUDAZZ " ripped from the word bad ass..( i hope the term is allowed ,excuse me for that) ...anyway...i like the the term so i chose it as my username... Cool "BUT" the term bud also from the word buddy...double meaning ei?... Cool Laughing
dule
my nick at school Razz
pevensie
It was just a random name of a random character. Laughing
greekcovers
Mine is from my site "greekcovers".So simple! Very Happy
Nameless
I've used the same username of 'Nameless' (or sometimes 'Usernameless') for AGES almost since I first started posting on forums on the internet. The idea was that I didn't really want anyone knowing anything about me at all, but later I just gave after doing other things. I still kept the Name (or lack there of!) though, since I thought it sounded... cool, for lack of better word.
Pixel
My website is called Pixelplayer and i thought it's was a long name for a forum so I just picked Pixel. Otherwise I'm used to be called Nexon.
Hippie
Nickname I've had for a while. I was growing my hair out for a year so I could have a mohawk, a freind of mine just started calling me that since i'm from a hippie twon as well. :-)
aylah
Well, it all started for a few years ago, when i was gonna spell out aaliyha I think her name was (the singer who died in a planecrash)
It didnt go so well, and I ended up spelling aylah, wich I ever since then has loved as a name. I use it as my nickname everywhere on the net, and plan to give my baby this name if I ever have a girl =)
EtherealDesert
I got mine from DeLillo's End Zone. It has this eery desert, which simply is ethereal Wink
Slammer
mines is my UT name, 'slammer' ...sounds rather...aggresive, i think anyway Laughing
T3 Architect
nothing like architecture so i thought T3=The And then Architect
darrell
mine is just my real name, darrell
k3wldud3
Just made it up...sort of
sounded kool Razz
rarasmu
Currently, I'm using an abbreviation for my name.

However, it all started with a friend in Wyoming. He chose Set, I chose Osiris.
We duked it out on LORD at a local BBS.

Sure seems neat to remember those days of FIDOnet and Tradewars.

Ryan
Jeff_vella_leone
lol this one funny for me its easy it my name lol
and i like it lol
izcool
I chose mine because I couldn't think of anything else. Very Happy

Instead of it being "iscool", I changed the "s" to a "z" because it looked cooler. Razz Would you prefer "izcool" to "iscool" ?

- Mike.
Nameless
izcool wrote:

Instead of it being "iscool", I changed the "s" to a "z" because it looked cooler. Razz Would you prefer "izcool" to "iscool" ?

- Mike.

I think that having your username as izcool is actually LESS cool than having it as iscool. But that's just by opinion.
izcool
Nameless wrote:
izcool wrote:

- Mike.

I think that having your username as izcool is actually LESS cool than having it as iscool. But that's just by opinion.

To me it seems more unique. We all have our different opinions.

- Mike.
kuroneko
kuroneko - black cat in japanese(me loves cats)
lycadia
When I first started using the internet socially, I had been playing a book based roleplaying game called Werewolf The Apocalypse (among a number of other games by a number of different companies) with my friends. But I moved to take a job and couldn't see them every weekend, so we kept in touch and played some through email. However, I realized White Wolf the company that made the game had forums and mailing lists to discuss it and even chatrooms to play in. I didn't want to use my real name on the forum or mailing list, so I used the name of my favorite current Werewolf character. Playing in the chatrooms came later. I've just kept it for my net.name, so to speak, even though White Wolf did away with and then "reinvented" all of their games I used to play.

There's a whole story as to why I invented the name for the character in the first place, but that gets into some mythology and the character's heritage, so I won't bore the topic viewers with it, unless someone really wants to know.
SilverDogg
saw an ad for something called "silvercat". no idea what it is.
since i like dogs better than cats, i changed it, put an extra g in it, and bingo, you got SilverDogg =)
Lady Elensar
http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/

It's my Elvish Name.

Alatariel Elensar.
Summer
Well , I was born on a very hot summer . JK ..
blu3bird
have been using tis name since i started playing cs years ago. stuck with me since then.. . . 6 yrs i guess
byt
mine byt comes from the fact I used to own a Big Yellow Truck, this is also the reason I use the url www.bigyellowtruck.co.uk having now sold the truck I have shortened my username that I use on most forums to byt
SunburnedCactus
I am a cactus with terrible sunburn. It defines who I am!
makiyo
i have lots of usernames
Arrow makiyo (my nickname)
Arrow mzee (my prince's username)
Arrow zioig (a russian boy's name i like)
pencapchew
pen cap chew is a song by nirvana
eh and i chew pencaps a lot

besides it just sounds cool Wink
someidiot88
There are many ways of which i got my name one of which was when i was thinkin of a good name for when i put the beat down on someone online in a game for example.
n00b 203 was killed by someidiot
and the 88 came from the fact that it is my favorite #
hayley
My first name. That's easy enough.
Xavier Chaos
I got my name, through to ways lol. First one my favorites names for a boy is Xavier. Second I usually use some for of dark or destructive explitive in some way so I figured it worked.
budazz
budazz === badass...... Very Happy
smokey4life
actually in real life everyone calls me Trace but thats another story my online nickname actually came across cause a lot of people call me smokey and if i used it online about 80% of the time it was too short so 4life just made it a little simpler to use as a universal nickname
budazz
smokey4life wrote:
actually in real life everyone calls me Trace but thats another story my online nickname actually came across cause a lot of people call me smokey and if i used it online about 80% of the time it was too short so 4life just made it a little simpler to use as a universal nickname

yeah there is another "4LIFE" guy out there its Noobie4life... mybe you should meet and have a 4life conversation.... Laughing
odinstag
Hello,

My user name means Odin's day. Or Wendsday.

It has to do with my particular spiritual beliefs.I follow the wisdom in the ancient myths and folk ways of the Norse and other pre-christian European people.

Wendsday is just the day I choose symbolically to recognise and pay my respects to the forces in nature and the cosmos that have help to form me and my people into the strong and inventive people we are today.

These forces were manifested in the Norse Gods. Odin being the chief God of my pantheon. I Do not believe in gods as some people do. Not that they are some guy in the sky know it all. But rather that they are personified representations of the collective knowledge and wisdom of my people that should be respected and remembered.

But that is the short answer to what my Screen Name means. It's insperation is purely from my spiritual side.
budazz
odinstag wrote:
Hello,

It has to do with my particular spiritual beliefs.I follow the wisdom in the ancient myths and folk ways of the Norse and other pre-christian European people.

Wendsday is just the day I choose symbolically to recognise and pay my respects to the forces in nature and the cosmos that have help to form me and my people into the strong and inventive people we are today.

These forces were manifested in the Norse Gods. Odin being the chief God of my pantheon. I Do not believe in gods as some people do. Not that they are some guy in the sky know it all. But rather that they are personified representations of the collective knowledge and wisdom of my people that should be respected and remembered.

But that is the short answer to what my Screen Name means. It's insperation is purely from my spiritual side.

i remember ODIN he is Gf in final fantasy VIII Very Happy
Anthony Clark
My name was realy simple to make, Step no. 1. Take your first name
, Step no. 2. Take you surname.
And voila! you have your own frih name Razz
odinstag
budazz wrote:
odinstag wrote:
Hello,

i remember ODIN he is Gf in final fantasy VIII Very Happy

Yes, that was a GF in FFVIII
johnabraham
orno wrote:

i'm the one of the ppl that was involved in called in him that in the beginning Wink
Lloydie_gb
My friends have called me this name since i was around 9 so it has stuck with me. Also my dads mates call him Lloydie!!
Its hard when were in the same place!!!
earthchild
because at heart I wish to always be a child of the Earth
klingoncowboy4
It started when I tired to get a yahoo acount. I tried using my hotmail username and it wasn't available so I tried "klingoncowboy" which was also taken so I just added a 4 to the end and have used it ever since.
lilrage
im short and i get pissed opff easy so my friends started calling me lilrage so i guess i just got used to it and after a while i liked it and kept it so i use it 4 everything now
ydawg2005
when did 2+2= 6?? Unless i'm horribly off my meds, Jamatu, you missed something there...probably me though. I made my account today, so its freshly printed in my mind:) My name, starts with a y...and i just didn't want to use my real name. Like y'know, for the purpose of hiding from people i actually know. But i like the whole dawg thing...i love making fun of g-units. If you're one of them, not my fault you're a g-unit, its yours, so don't blame me Razz Nevertheless, take that suckas...!!
chargoyle
Frankly, my username is, well, what people call me. A long time ago me and my friends were all trying to think up some nicknames for a game we were gonna play. Then my friend suggested that I take my real name "Charlie" and put it together with "Gargoyle" forming CHARGOYLE!!!! So, I adopted the name, and it's something that's kind of followed me around now. Also, I've found that the name is pretty unique and not a lot of people use it for their usernames, so what the heck? If you wanna find out more about it, go to my website, chargoyle.tk.
mark
I dont know how I come up with usernames. My brain just advises me something and I use it.
Alienz
i love the Alien movies (Alien 1, 2, 3 and Alien Resurrection). And start using Alien with a 'z' behind as username everywhere Wink
breathless-whisper
While i was looking for song tittles on my dad's karaoke book, i saw 'Careless Whisper' (and no, i never heard of that song nor did i even bother listening to it), then i decided that once i get my own domain (purchase one probably), i will use that title. But i kept thinking though...it was a nice sound, but i wasn't satisfied. Then out of nowhere, i came up with BREATHLESS whisper. Which is my username right now on my account. I like it...actually, i love it. It sounds so tempting and sexy. I don't know...there's just something about that name that i cant put my finger on.
SNES350
SNES games are some of my favorites and I just added some random numbers to the end of it. I actually came up with it ~9 1/2 years ago, and have been using it for almost everything since then.
HunnyBaby
Hmm well i got this one from my ex... she called me hunny I called her baby... ive messaged some of the moderators to change it to WeaZ beacuse thats my nickname my friends gave me so... WeaZ
willywonka
I just got done watching the movie! lol
zoombinimatt
mine is one ive used since about 8 years ago, i just put the name of a race in a little known game infront of my name. people often seem to think i meant to spell zombie or something Razz
Frelina
I've chozen mine after watching a movie Laughing
Modulator
The username that I chose came from a discussion that I participated in one of my college English courses. The focus of the discussion I vaguely remember as something relating the idea of the sublime and the beautiful to the topic of what is evil.
seanooi
i use my first and last name, so it's always easy to remember. Laughing
chiragcoolboy
My usename is my name and bcoz i am a coolboy i added to it Razz
bananaphone
mine was the name of a funny song my friend told me about
dordali
this is my name and i use it on evrey forum or chat
supersonic
I just made up a name from what my website was going to be about.
argha
Its a bengali name .. " and MY frist Name"
mustaq
i came up with my orginal name i think we should change our name which is kept by our parents
moejoe
Well, mine came from my nick name Moe. And i love Austin Powers, so moejoe came in, but i added the 'e' into the moe and joe to make it more original. lol.
leon44
leon44
leon is my name and i was born on the 4th of april (4/4)
PatTheGreat42
I came up with mine in two phases:

1) My name is Pat. It is appropriate to include it, n'est pas?

2) I am great. Freakishly great.

Since I am Pat, and I am great, it would naturally be... PatTheGreat!
idolztheunknown
I came up with my username because of the meaning it has and it also sounds cool. Idolz the Unknown represents people who may not be "popular," and may feel "unknown." But I think that no matter who you are, we are all Idolz from the Unknown (longer version). One may be more known, but does that mean they're known everywhere? We are all an idol in our own way, and feeling alone at times IS normal, however, just don't forget that we have all been put on this earth for a reason, and just remember that you're an idol from the unknown. We are all Idolz from the Unknown.
dionet
My username was created because I added diogo(my name) to internet:

diogo+internet=dionet
NightsCuriosity
This is my bands name. Cool huh? I wouldnt doubt it if we changed it though...
ocalhoun
Its obvious isn't it...
Okay, perhaps there are several possibilities.
XeononyX
Mine is a hybrid of my old screenname and my girlfriends .. we both used to play TFC together online so people could see the connection.

Xeon_Rackman + VampireOnyx = XeononyX

Plus I think its pretty cool sounding too!

I was called Rackman because where I used to work I built Rackmountable servers I added the Xeon because the majority of all of them were Dual Xeon P4 systems.

Strange how things come together huh?
eqfan
EQ is a game i play ofen and the fan is very Ordinary things ,so my name is eqfan Smile
cnnet
there's no realtion between what you do and your name
I just do what I want to do
jp
My name's JP, but my friends try to be... gankstur and add -izzle on the end... Hence... JPiZzLe... Rolling Eyes
TeK
Mine is just a short version of Tekkaman. It's my standard username everywhere.
CMA
CMA = Crimson Moon Archives (the name of my website)
You may address me as "Crimson" instead of CMA if you'd like. Rolling Eyes

My standard nickname is actually "Jandeku" (Al-Bhed version of "Vertigo", my first nickname).
nam_siddharth
nam is Hindi word for name and Siddharth is my name. Very Happy [nam is read as naam]
easydolphin
Just stuck up in My mind and got easydolphin!!!
Nyizsa
I am called Nyizsa since my childhood. It derives from my name. And it turned out to be a good nick, because it IS unique all over the world. (At least it was available for username at every provider I tried so far - including Yahoo! , ICQ, some free email sites in Hungary, Italy and Turkey... and yes, aslo at Frihost.com!)
Nayru
I love all of the Zelda games on Nintendo consoles, so I had to pick a character from it. Nayru, is one of the three goddesses in Hyrule. I had to choose between; Nayru, Din and Farore..I like Nayru the most =)
windval
i just ask my classmate what do they want to have

because my website is do for my classmates
Neo7
Neo is my name and 7 is my favorite number.

Quite simple really.
Xipha
I wanted something original, but with meaning... so I looked through the dictionary for cool words beginning with X, and found Xiphe, which comes from the greek word for sword, and modified that to Xipha. I like combining words, my other internet name is Dragryph, from combining the words Dragon and Gryphon. Yeah I like having an original name, and I havn't ever found anyone else who uses these names.
duckling
once I was registering a forum and I thought a bit and this came to my mind Very Happy

and after this I started to use this nickname everywhere Smile
ocelotweb
Well let's see I chose the name ocelot because I like Ocelots, and also comes from the game MGS2 and 3. Mainly 3 Major Ocelot is so cool whenever he's twirling the revolvers and stuff. So then I just threw web on the end of it because thats my website and there you have OcelotWeb
darczeku
Diminution if my real name is 'dareczek'Razz when i write is i make mistake so I create Darczeku:D
TonkPilz
i stole mine Twisted Evil
Mindez
I guess I tried really hard, and after a few days I got it Wink
jovemac
I was struggling with various usernames in various sites. One day I decided to make a unique name to be used in all the online registrations.. after puzzling my name i ended into this id " JOthi VEl Moorthi. AC. Thats how i stick with this...
telus_pig_
Hi, I'm new here Smile
Well, I just hope I have a good time here.

I came up with my nickname easily. Actually, in Canada, there's a telephone company called Telus and they used these realllly cute pigs in their ad Smile So... teluspig was born ^^
KoDEe
Well, i Thought of my name; Cody. And then i said hmm, no thats boring. So i thought up KoDEe. And i was like: ALRIGHT!
amusic
well, just the same as the domain name of my website. Smile
asturmas
Mine nick (asturmas) was born the 1 year when I made a site for my group, and as n the little time had nick in the poiz height had had net decided to be with the name of the site!

Cumps
Scotty Too Hotty
mine comes from multiple sources, the first and most obvious is the WWE wrestler Scotty Too Hotty. Apparently i used to look like him i dont think i do but people said i did, but also that my last Name is Scott
Nibbler26
tidruG wrote:
Dimaod wrote:
tidruG wrote:

Well, I am trying to be friendly while moderating Very Happy

Lolz.. I Been Reading All Of These Posts.. And There Interesting Like Yours Lolz.. Hmm If I Try To Reverse My Name:

Jonathan = Nahtanoj ... Thats Sounds Chinise Or Japanese .. Maybe Even Korean Dont You Think? Or Basically A Ninja Name Like Shinobi LOL

Well Anyway I Got My User Name By Watching Futurama... And I Started Liking The Little Alien Dog Called Nibbler.. Lolz For People That Dont Watch Futurama Here Is A Picture:

Lolz.. Also For The People That Dont Watch It.. They Give It In Cartoon Network > Adult Swim .. Basically This Show Is For People Over The Age Of 14.. So It Does Have Some Nudity .. Some Violence.. Some Curses.. Stuff Like That.. You Get The Point... So Adult Swim Is Basically Like This,
Starts At 11:00 PM Eastern Time USA ...,

First Show:
Futurama

Second Show:
Family Guy

Third Show:
Aqua Teen Hunger Force (I Think)

Four Show:
The Boondocks (I Think , Also Includes Extreme Curses, And Is Not For Children LOL, Its For Teenagers + , Like Me)

And So On...
Marston
Boringly enough, Marston is my real name.
Nibbler26
Lolz Marston

"Kiss My Shinny Medal A**"
From, Bender =)

Lolz...
Daniel15
Quote:
So Adult Swim Is Basically Like This,
Starts At 11:00 PM Eastern Time USA ...,

First Show:
Futurama

Second Show:
Family Guy

Third Show:
Aqua Teen Hunger Force (I Think)

Four Show:
The Boondocks (I Think , Also Includes Extreme Curses, And Is Not For Children LOL, Its For Teenagers + , Like Me)

You have Futurama and Family Guy in Adult Swim on Cartoon Network? Here in Australia, we have (on most nights, some are different):

Inu Yasha
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Sealab 2021
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
The Brak Show
Marston
Nibbler26 wrote:
Lolz Marston

From, Bender =)

Lolz...
Smile
denggi
Well, my nickname came about when I fell sick while rehearsing with my dance crew. It was a dengue scare and since dengue is spelled as denggi in malay, it stuck. I think it sounds cool though~ Always thought I was infectious...haha.
vinx_18
mine is.....combination of my nickname and the age when I started to have an e-mail.... Laughing
hack_man_
I came up with mine because I hacked other people's accounts on the network at my college! My alias was hack_man_, then started using it as my online identity. I think it would be better if i took out the underscores, I only used the underscores because the college server usernames were your [firstname]_[lastname]_ and I did not want the netwok admin to notice. Cool
stiffler
my username:

Stiffler

my last name:

Stiffler

yes. its true.
Marston
As if, Stiffler. Rolling Eyes
Soulfire
Soulfire, it comes from that burning passion side me. I'm a very determined person, so it's that fire that keeps me going - down in my soul. Understand it?

Plus I think it sounds cool.
TeK
A few months ago I rewatched Tekkaman Blade for the one millionth time, and thought that TeK sounded cool so I went with it. Now Tek is my standard forum name next to PxZeRo
ʰJgw
I use mine from the game I play in m spare time, called: Unreal Tournament 2004
Marston
ʰJgw wrote:
How the fresh hell do you login with a name like that?
quixotic
Marston wrote:
ʰJgw wrote:
How the fresh hell do you login with a name like that?

I'm wondering that myself. O.o;

I got my name from the dictionary. It was the Word of the Day a while back on dictionary.com, and it was also one of my HS vocabulary words. I loved it because it had q and x in it, and it also descrives my personality very well.
heady233
Jamatu wrote:
I came up with mine by using the first 2 letters of my first middle and last names. Pretty simple but I think it turned out alright. So how did you come up with yours?

Well, when I was younger my friends and I would always hang out. I was always the smartest person there so everyone called me Heady. As for the 233, I was trying to get an account at some website, but the username Heady was already taken. It gave me the suggestion of heady233, and I chose that. So thats how I came up with heady233.
aerialdreams
heh, I'm not exactly sure how I came up with my name...not that it's that great of a name anyway. I guess I'm just always sort of "out of it", cuz I love fantasy stories and I day dream a lot, and that's the second half of my name. And in a way I've always wanted to escape my current life and just "fly" away from it all, and be someone different, hence the "aerial". Oh well, there's my weird/embarrasing story of the day! ^_^
gothicgeek
Well, mine's the name of my site, and I came up with that one because it's more or less me lol. A lot more geek than goth though lol.
KHO
Neutral my real username isn't KHO, l was just used to how most places you only get one shot at your name, and that would be your name for any service you used off their servers Neutral but my real usernames are either woopacha which is just something l said one day at totall random and ended up liking it, but it is also the sound that Samarai Jack's sword makes in the theme song Neutral (coolest cartoon ever Neutral) and my other is DoUBelievInFear that just came about because l was tired of having all the screen names l chose be taken already Neutral and so l thought about something that fitted the theme of the current board l was joining (it was shades of black) and l came up with that, spelt it wrong (notice the missing "e") and noticed the spelling error after l hit submit Neutral so l was stuck with it, so l just kinda went with it, and have had that sn for about 3 years now Neutral and the woopacha for about the same Neutral
Jayfarer
"Wayfarer" is the name of my favorite punk rock/hardcore song by a band called Hot Water Music. My real name starts with the letter J, so I added it in. On the downside, people seem to think my real name is Jay Farer. Someone actually thought I might be related to them because their name was Farer too.
MarkR
i dont know its just my name and the first word of my Lastname ^_^
pawelsz
My username is in fact my name Smile My first name is "Pawel" and two first letters of last name are "Sz", so I have chosen "pawelsz" for me Smile
PuNGS
Actually Pungs is my middle name. I just refined it, and PuNGS is my username. Cool
adwya
my user

adwya

means

drugs
MalvagioAddict
in what language does it mean drugs....I'm just wondering.

Well i came up with my username because of the rp that i belong to, and I am infact addicted to it, not addicted in a bad way mind you.

so i decided to use that name, because that is why I came to frihost in the first place.
pevensie
I have always loved "The Chronicles of Narnia", and so when I needed a username really quick I just typed in "Pevensie" - the last name of the four children "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" is mainly about. (Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy...) I don't think I actually use it anywhere else, probably because it's not too uncommon.
pevensie
I have always loved "The Chronicles of Narnia", and so when I needed a username really quick I just typed in "Pevensie" - the last name of the four children "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" is mainly about. (Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy...) I don't think I actually use it anywhere else, probably because it's not too uncommon.
enjaye
i use this username for 2yrs now... actually this is my and my hubby's initial NJ, i just created a new name that's why i called it enjaye...

this will also be the nickname/petname of my future daughter Laughing
boocherry
varation of my last name
theo
my name
~short form indeed
geyikkutuphanesi
I want to learn something about it, can I change it? But with my old host account.(not a new account Smile ) or forget it!. I can't hazard my host Very Happy
it can be continue like this.
n0obie4life
Mine was a typo.

It was suppose to be "noobie4life", but I accidentally hit the zero when I created my first ever game account.

My cousin suggested the name as he thought I'd be a n00b at the game forever. Apprantly, I wasn't.
Mithrandir
My name, Mithrandir, is the evish form of Gandalf. For those of you who are fans of the Lord of the Rings, you know that Gandalf is the wizard who brings about the eventual destrution of the One Ring by settign certain events into motion.
MWANGI
Jamatu wrote:

Well

Being the great mathematician that I am, I got bored by thinking of usernames so I sat down in my office (which by the way has a picture of Albert Einstein) and created this complex algorithm (well complex for the non-gifted) on paper and fed it to my pentium5 machine(which will soon be released to the normal citizens soon).

This algorithm proved to be time saving by 1.35 seconds compared to the manual system whereby you have to think of usernames manually. The algorithm will be out very soon to the public (actually compiled as a running program) and world citizens will no longer have to think of usernames again.There will be no wars and finally thre will be what I like to call "WORLD PEACE"!

No need to praise me for my selfless efforts and generosity, although I would not mind if or when all of you donate around 20$FRIH to show how much you appreciate my humble efforts.

Don't thank me, just send the points Very Happy
MWANGI
adwya wrote:
my user

adwya

means

drugs

Drugs may be harmful to your health and unable you to create even the simplest algorithms.
MWANGI
Nibbler26 wrote:
Lolz Marston

From, Bender =)

Lolz...

my calculations are that there is a 50% chance that Marston may be speaking the truth. His Avatar may indicate that he is unhappy about his name .
n0obie4life
@MWANGI

Do not triple post. The edit button is extremely useful.
clip
clip... it was once clip like and i got that by scrambling the words kill epic and whilst they are backwards. that epic guy, just got on my nerves and alas, i got that clip like. well, now since i'm not mad at him anymore, i tend to use clip instead.
Itachi
mine is the name of one of the characters off of the anime Naruto.

~Itachi
ekingisrael
I came with it one day when i was programmin-i decided that i got to hae a nick name to reserve the rights to-cause i can't use my name all the time,so i decided to invent a nick.
Pablo Diablo
It is my nickname from hockey. Pablo is my name and I was the enforcer on the team and my teamates started calling me Pablo Diablo... i.e. "Pablo the Devil".
jibbity
you i was playing a vidoe game called unreal tournament and they had insta gibs and my lil cuz looked at and said jibbity and i just laughin hard and so i dedicated this name to him on here do yeah thats how i got my name yall peace out
karysky
I came up with my name long ago.

KarySky = Kary + Sky

Kary comes from my real name, Karyne, and Sky comes from different things.

First, I've always loved the sky at night but never used it as a nick. Later on, I wanted to use KarySkywalker on MIRC but there were too many laters so I shunked it to KarySky.

So it both represent the sky and Skywalker (Luke Skywalker, in Star Wars Surprised ).

So that's it. Pretty straightforwards. Pretty boring lol
bdoneck
at some other host, i was automatically given a username based on my first and last name, so i decided to keep it...
drunkfun
no, your mum did
Mizzro
Me and a couple friends were at one of their houses one night, drinking a little bit. And we started to program a new game. Once it was finished we decided to make our own unique usernames for it, and mine happened to be Mizzro...
drunkfun
that's just, well amazing
falconfx
Since I am a nVidia fan (I bought a GeForce FX5200 three years ago), I "invented" my username just by adding the "FX" suffix to my surname slightly modified. Smile

A very simple idea...
tefa_taftaf2010
my friends call me tefa
mother of my best friend call me taftaf
so i chose tefa_taftaf

then i add 2010 to be upto date but when we reach 2010 what will i do??
Saber
I used to play ftps games with the name "I dont know", I thought it was very amusing to hear my friends at a lan party yell, "I dont know is coming in from the west" and such... after a while they finally made me change my name and Saber came up because someone down the hall was shouting it. Random but it stuck.
djfreakske
i got my username because i am a music obsessed dj Twisted Evil and i love the sound of it. it just popped up in my head. i hope you like it
ChargerBear
My original user name was Papa Bear. I'm truck driver and that is my CB Handle. There are about 50 million Papa bears on the internet. My ISP is Verizon DSL. There was no way I was going to be able to get Papabear@verizon.net for an E-Mail address and I didn't want a bunch of numbers and underscores in my address. Our family's main sport is football. My wife and I have 8 kids and 2 grandkids. We all have different football teams. It makes Sundays during football season interesting around here. My team happens to be the San Diego Chargers. So I ended up with Chargerbear. My wife's team is the San Francisco 49ers. Her user name and E-Mail address is Bear49ers.
ivanhoe
Go Chargers! hehe.. My friends and I formed a Counterstrike clan calling ourselves KGB. Unfortunately not being creative I couldn't come up with a Russian name to use and Ivanhoe was the closest I got. The name has stuck with me since, maybe about 8 years now.
d722002
Theres a story to my username:
Around 1997 or so, I applied for a Yahoo! account. I wanted the name 'dsneath' but apparently that was already taken, so i tried 'dustman12', but to no avail. SOOO, I clicked the "let us suggest a name" button, and it returned 7 names, 6 of which were too long and complicated to remember. d722002 was the shortest one, so I stuck with it. I now use it on almost every online message board, chat program, etc.
Helios
I've finished Deus EX, and guess whom I chose to be at the end?
XxGunner
I got my when i was playing this game called Americas Army. So i thought of this name because im so good at the game.
wascal
My username is also my (admittedly misguided) dj name. I play drum and bass, breakbeat and house music in Cardiff, Wales UK. It all comes from djing on new years a few years ago and when the mc asked what my name was and I said 'will' he said 'that wont do'. So the bloke starts yelling 'the wascal' and it kind of stuck...
Arnie
My name is Arnoud and from primary school on everyone called me Arnie. I have no idea until today why.
xoxmeholly
I have used XOX for my username on many boards, and then it suddenly became unavailable when I was registering for something, so I tried integrating my name HollyXOX XOXHolly, and they were like ALL taken so then I tried using a dash for XOX-Holly or Holly-XOX, but most things won't allow a dash. I don't really like underscores. I don't like numbers really either. So I came up with xoxmeholly. It's different, (so no one has this username) but I really like it.
sycophant
Mine is the same as an old account on another website. I cam across it while searching for something, can't remember what.
alkady
My username derived from my teenage years. When I was 13 I was the Top 5 best player on Paeony Games Oceanfire under the Alias of Admiral Alkady Mustard. The Alkady part derived from Goldeneye's General Ouramouv, The Mustard derived from Colonel Mustard from Clue, But I've dropped the mustard part since it seem a bit childish. But I still keep the Alkady part which I'm quite suprised is still quite unique as a username.
Jeslyn
Simple. Jeslyn is my name. End.
silliman
I got tired of thinking up fictitious names and being someone else; so I just use my real name. It's easier for me to remember. Idea
Nodrog
tidruG wrote:

Very Happy Your not alone there, im horrible with names and eventually decided that my name backwards sounded kinda cool Gordon->Nodrog
Kaisonic
I'm not sure if I posted in this topic before. I probably already did, but I don't care.

My original online name was Agent Tad. Simply put, it was the word "Agent" and my initials. Then I added 005 at the end, like 007, but with my lucky number. After a while, I decided I needed a new name, so after a short failed attempt at "Elite Salamence", I came up with Kaisonic. How, you ask? I actually turned to Yu-Gi-Oh trading cards. I found "Cyber Falcon" and "Kaiser Sea Horse". I though up Kaiser Falcon, then I thought of my favorite video game character Sonic the Hedgehog. That made me think of Kaiser Sonic, which then shortened to Kaisonic. I think it's pretty cool. And for the record, it's pronouned "kai" like eye, not like "kay". So there ya have it.
Blaster
I got mine because I like riding four wheelers.

A blaster is a type of Yamaha quad. Also the quad I have. If that is taken I would have done Tctri because that is a place that I ride at. (Tower City Trail Riders Inc.)
Wanderer
i got mine from my role in middle school. i was the guy that was always wandering around the school with my friends. we would migrate to different parts of the field
jstoeffler
Mine came from my first initial and my last name.... I know, kind of unoriginal, but i'm not good at coming up with stuff like that
goa73
v
elTibor
I have a spanish speaking wife who is teaching me the language. So I made mine up with a latin twist.

yeahaw amigos ~~!!
joshua_erceg
It's simply my name Very Happy Lol
Richous05
mines what my mates call me next door no one els calls me
Quote:
Richous
just them. Of course the 05 is for 2005 but i hardly ever change the year on my usernames. Rolling Eyes
dysturbedstatic
dys - in latin
crudus -a -um adj. (1) [bleeding]. (2) [uncooked , raw]; of material, [fresh, not prepared]; of fruit, [unripe]; in gen., [green, fresh, immature, untimely]; of food, [undigested]; of persons, [stuffed, dyspeptic]; of feeling, etc., [hard, cruel]; of the voice, [harsh].

disturbed
perturbo -are [to disturb thoroughly , confuse, disquiet, upset]. Hence partic. perturbatus -a -um, [confused, disturbed]; adv. perturbate.

sollicitus -a -um [disturbed , agitated, restless; anxious, uneasy, worried]; of animals, [watchful]; in act. sense, [disquieting]. Adv. sollicite, [anxiously, carefully].

trepidus -a -um [agitated , restless, disturbed, in an emergency]; adv. trepide.

tumultuosus -a -um adj. [alarmed , disturbed, confused; disquieting, turbulent]; adv. tumultuose, [confusedly, tumultuously].

turbo (1) -are [to disturb , throw into disorder or confusion; to upset]; esp. [to cause political disturbance, to unsettle]. Hence partic. as adj. turbatus -a -um, [disturbed, disordered, restless, troubled]; sometimes [angered, exasperated]; adv. turbate

so dysturbed is a combination of both.

static
adio noise is interference with radio transmissions caused either by thermal noise from receiver input circuits or by radiated electromagnetic noise picked up by the receiver's antenna. If no noise was picked up with radio signals, even weak transmissions could be received at virtually any distance by making a radio receiver that was sensitive enough. In practice this doesn't work, and a point is reached where the only way to extend the range of a transmission is to increase the transmitter power.

Thermal noise can be made lower by cooling the circuits, but this is only usually worthwhile on radio telescopes. In other applications the limiting noise source depends on the frequency range in use. At low freqencies (longwave or mediumwave) and at high frequencies (shortwave), interference caused by lightning or by nearby electrical impulses in electrical switches, motors, vehicle ignition circuits, computers, and other man-man sources tends to swamp transmissions with thermal noise. These noises are often referred to as static. At very high frequency and ultra high frequency these sources can still be important, but at a much lower level, such that thermal noise is usually the limiting factor. In the microwave region, cosmic background noise may be relevant.

Electromagnetic noise can interfere with electronic equipment in general, causing malfunction, and in recent years standards have been laid down for the levels of electromagnetic radiation that electronic equipment is permitted to radiate. These standards are aimed at ensuring what is referred to as electromagnetic compatibility, or EMC.
otaku
My username was easy to come up with.
Otaku is generally used with a avid anime fan.
Otaku is japanese for never leaves home

Taku is home.
O is the negative.
firebrandglass
Firebrand Glass:

It's the name of my business. I'm a glass blower.

Firebrand in the dictionary means:

n. 1: a piece of burning wood 2: a person or idea that ignites excitement, action and change by challenging outmoded beliefs and methods 3: a person who creates unrest or strife
Manus et Therion
My user name has mystical significance. It came to me back in 2001 while I was creating a hand written copy of a mystical text known as "Liber B vel Magus" written by the consciousness known at the time as To Mega Therion (The Master Therion or The Great Beast). While copying it I had a trilateral experience... that is to say, I had three consciousnesses simultaniously. I was the creator, transmitter, and receiver of the message I was astutely and luminously duplicating for a beloved friend. Manus is french and derived from latin. et is latin, as is Therion. It means Hand of the Master, or Hand of the Beast.
DaveCS2
I love Photoshop CS2 and my name is David (dave).

Pretty self explainitory.

Now, for my "devious"*dave* or *cow* names. Devious title was given to me by my cousins, we like to do devious things so I becaume deviousdave (or cow originally since cow is part of my last name). AtrociousAdam, ZealessZach, SexlooserStephen, DeviousDave.

There you go.
sk8er_gurl_31
I got mine when I was thinking of one for my msn account. I love figure skating so I wanted something to do with skating, but I wanted to mix it up a little, so I came up with sk8er_gurl_31!
Sidewinder07
I was just thinking of random cool things when I thought of the sidewinder missile. The 07 is my graduation year.
Lennon
Mine's obvious. Everybody knows lennon.
Silentrob
I got my username because im silent and my name is robert hence the username. Plus i have the unnatural ability to walk and run without making a sound must be ninja blood running in my veins or something.
thiamshui
mine is just my name.. Wink
bassgs_17
I chose the most kick-a** megaman character ever, and combined it with an underscore and my age at the time. The underscore keeps the feds off my back.
-Aquastrike
splitroom
I was used to chat in DAlnet irc network some years ago and often there were "splits" of the network. Room is like the place from where the splits are caused. So this is splitroom Very Happy
relevant_grace
As you can clearly see, my user ID is relevant_grace. Quite simply, I hit upon this while dealing with Mercy House. I'll share with you the "conversation" I had with Jesus, which is responsible for this name, as it made me think a great deal. Before we get started, though, I suppose I should take the time to explain that though my given name is Sarah Leigh, most of my friends call me Kloey. In any event, here's the conversation that gave birth to this user ID:

Quote:
Kloey: "Jesus, are You sure You want me?"

Jesus: "Yes."

Kloey: "But why? Surely there are hundreds of thousands of others who would be a better candidate..."

Jesus: "I have spoken to you."

Kloey: "Yeah, but why? Don't you realize that I'm nothing more than a girl full of silly sally?"

Jesus: "You are Mine."

Kloey: "Well, yeah, but I can't do what You're asking me to do."

Jesus: "Yes, you can."

Kloey: "No, I can't. Didn't You hear me when I said that I'm nothing more than a girl full of silly sally?"

Jesus: "Yes, I heard you when you said that, but I know you, as you are My child. I know what you are capable of doing. Let Me ask you a question. Why is it that you cannot do as I ask?"

Kloey: "Well, Jesus, I, um, I just can't. You know, I might mess things up. I've not been trained to handle things of that nature. What if I said the wrong thing?"

Jesus: "Okay. So, you haven't been trained. There's no time like the present. Also, you won't say the wrong things if you just listen to My words. Don't you trust Me?"

Kloey: "Of course I trust You, Jesus. I just don't trust myself."

Jesus: "If you trust Me, why do you doubt My judgment?"

Kloey: "Well, like I said Jesus, it isn't You. It's me. You know, I make mistakes all the time. Remember the other day when I was upset with Tammy? I could have ignored what she said and did, but did I? No, I didn't. So, You see, Jesus, I'm not the right girl for the job."

Jesus: "You calling me a liar?"

Kloey: "No, Jesus! I would never! I'm just trying to tell You that You're going to want someone else. I mean, I'm too young. I don't have time. People won't listen, Jesus. You honestly expect me to do this, even though I've told You time and time again that I'm not what You need?"

Jesus: "Sarah Leigh, let Me tell you something. I knew you before you were conceived. I can tell you exactly how many strands of hair cover your head. I know everything there is to know about you. That includes your potential. So, unless you wish to continue to call Me a liar, I suggest you get your act together and apply yourself. Do you understand?"

Kloey: "You're not going to relent, are You?"

Jesus: "No, I'm not. I have spoken and you have listened. Now, just accept it and get on with it."

Kloey: "Well, okay! If You're sure, I guess I can."

Jesus: "That's what I thought."

Kloey: "*sighs* Well, since I'm going to do this, I might as well be positive, right?"

Jesus: "Might as well."

Kloey: "Okay, I'm on it!"

Jesus: "I know."

Kloey: "I heart You, Jesus."

Jesus: "I heart you, too."

My life is full of the grace of God. It's real and it matters. So, thus the birth of relevant_grace.
SkullPizza
I think I might have been tripping on acid. Who knows.

Clean these days tho.
tricolor
name of my website...simple enough
leorimolo
I usto have many names in xbox-scene pspupdatesm, mocoforo like Xx_leoxX, but it was too hard to type Very Happy , so I came up with my short name and last name together
LEO(first name)Rimolo(last name)

-just for the kicks, Xx_leo_xX
falsealarm
Its our bands name. We signed up to here to make a site for our band and meet some new people Smile
GranMastah
When I installed a multiuser OS for the first time I got my username 'cause I live with mother and sister, and they have no computer knowledge. So I made their account first (mortals) and then i come up with my (modest) username. Everyone knows what can happen if you give control over computer to someone who soves all the problems by clicking on OK button, without even reading what the dialog says. Sad Since my username is quite unique, I use it on the forums also.
rocky
mine is just the highschool nickname - all my friends use it even after all the years that passed
Rising
Because of the site name.Smile
bigdan
I've been known as Big Dan most of my life, and hence its stuck. Razz
bluewonder
My favorite coulor is blue and I am a wonder Smile

Well, it's a litteraly translation of German "blaues Wunder",
which figuratively translated means: "to get a nasty surprise".

But nevertheles for me "bluewonder" has a very positive meaning,
because blue stands for freedom and hope.
Anotherevil
I really don't know how I came up with my name Anotherevil.

I think I wanted a unique name and Evil was already taken on some other forum. So on that forum I tried Anotherevil and ever since I've had the same name. a lot of people know me online as Anotherevil. Plus it sounds cool.
skygaia
I'm from korea. one letter of my name means "sky". So I would like to use "sky" as user name in cyber world. But as you know, it is very popular. so it's very difficult to use that in any websites or forum.
So I added something to my username I wanted. that is Gaia. Acutually, Gaia is one of my brother's user names. it means god of the earth in Greek myth. so I use skygaia for my username in cyber world. I think it's very unique. so I can use it almost webisites or forums
glenn83e
quite simple actualy. I couldn't think of anything else and all the ones that I had when I was younger seemed dumb ie "hunter, jerick, jericho, prince jupiter" lol that last one was pathetic i know... anyway mine is just a combination of my first name, the year of my birth and my last innital.
leslie.sweets
Well mine is self explanitory Wink my name is leslie and i am sweet Wink so my nic is sweets (hehe)
so i was told that is why ppl call me sweets
southy
Definetely a variation of my last name. Quite proud of it too.

I really like the idea of taking the first two letters of your first, second and third names (first, middle, last) because that way, it's more personal and much, much harder to forget. Whoever thought of that -- good on you.

I also love it when the name just "pops" into the head. Happened to me a few times too lol....
LittleMissPattycake
I have no idea how I got mine in my head. I was trying to think of silly names for my MSN Space and then it just popped into my head xD. Then, I decided to use it for everything i registered for since. So, when I found out about this site for hosting I just used to the usual username xD
MrBlueSky
GranMastah wrote:
When I installed a multiuser OS for the first time I got my username 'cause I live with mother and sister, and they have no computer knowledge. So I made their account first (mortals) and then i come up with my (modest) username. Everyone knows what can happen if you give control over computer to someone who soves all the problems by clicking on OK button, without even reading what the dialog says. Sad Since my username is quite unique, I use it on the forums also.

That's funny. LOL Very Happy
Zruch
I could not come up with my name when I was registering on one of web sites. Finally I did. It was an online game related to bugs, so I choose "Zruch" - "eater" in russian. After that I decided to use this name on all web sites.
orno
my friend was bothering my one day....kept asking me silly questions and then asking yes or no

yes or no?
or no
orno
kirby
My user names etemology is simple and boring, Its my last name.
Im not a very creative person when it comes to these things.
Although I occasioanly suprise my self.
codelyokogirl
well it all started one day when i was bored flipping through the channels on TV nothing was on i turned it to cartoon network left the room to do something come back and the cartoon "Codelyoko " was on i sat there watching and then I liked it so then i went to sign into my user name of another email and i forgot the password so then i went to create a new one and then i thought of codelyoko but it was already taken at the site i wanted to sign up for then i tried codelyokogirl and it worked so that is basically how it happened
theem
I tried to make my name as a user name but it was already taken ...

so then tried my sur name which worked ... Cool
seagullspirit
my current user name is the name of the site my little brother chose to do at a school course on the internet.. so basically I had to make a site for his online game and ended up with this user name in teh search for a decent domain where to hold the site
molif
i have a mole...

and my name is halif...

so mole + halif = molif
Heart Ticket
Jamatu wrote:

I just randomly thought of mine... it toke a split 2 secs and it popped into my head so well thats it really...
PennyCopper
Penny Copper is both the name of my webcomic, and the name of the protagonist of said webcomic. I go by other handles elsewhere on the internet -- too many to keep track of at this point! ^.^;
soccerplaya2090
i play soccer (soccerplaya) 2090= the day 20th and year 1990 i was born(90)
ratfungus
The rat is an animal that has colonised and survived almost everywhere on the planet. Most people would take umbrage to being called a rat. Two reasons I took rat as the first part of my user name. After I got out of the army, I was sick of shaving and I let my hair grow (it's short and very sparse now though) and only shaved about once a week. Because of the face fungus, my friend called me fungus puss (puss is a Scottish slang term for your face). I put the two together and came up with ratfungus. I've used it for years.

Regards Ratfungus
Lady_Star
My user name is a nick name that I have had since I was in junior high school it started out as a handle on the CB radio my dad had and let me use from time to time... ~thinks~ I honestly don't remember how I came up with it though... Embarassed
justnewbie
Justnewbie. Since everyone wants a nickname that describes their professionalism, I thought otherwise. A newbie.
Fake
I think everyone lies to an extent
So I wanted people to know who I am and how much truth to expect from e,

So I tok up this name Smile
bjwok
mine is pretty unique:

my full name is:

Benon Julius William Otto Koebsch

hence my user name is:

BJWOK

nothing ingenius about that! Smile
TheGustav
One of my nicknames is Gustav.... Which isn't even close to my real name....

But usually just names are taken, and I think it's always a fun thing to throw a "The" infront of somebodies name. So.... Clearly, it had to be "TheGustav"
spazbutt32
A departed friend's nickname for me.

That was from years ago now, I'm contemplating changing it.
Shin
My initial mainly. but I have had to play with the order and mix with numbers sometimes, because you don;t always get what you want. It might be taken already.
NAJohnson
Can't say I put much thought into mine, at first, then I realized how easy it would be to pretend I actually had a half-decent reason.

You see, NA stands for Not Applicable, in that I do not want to give away my first or middle name, showing that am web-savvy enough to know not to give away personal information. Cool
SemihEide
My username comes from my real name.
starfish2007
well about 3 or 4 years agio there was this girl iused to have feelings fore and we both sigend up on this invermantle site andshe chose wale somthing and wanting tohave somthing thatlived inthe see i desided touse starfish and i still use that partof it. the 2007 ijust took from the year now
HollyChris
I'm not very creative. My Name is Holly Christina, and my x-husband started calling me HollyChris. I liked it so I've been using it ever since.

HollyChris
Commando_Sondre
My firstname is Sondre and I've always liked everything with some sort of the word commando in it (soldiers, games, book etc). And then I ended up using Commando Sondre. Uses it everywhere, both with and without the underscar.
jabapyth
mine is a combo of a nickname and my lastname
Pilot
My screenname/nickname came from someone misreading my last name (Pilon) as Pilot. It stuck hard and everyone calls me Pilot now, in real-life and the cyber-world.
jynxanims
Well, I was first originally 'Jynx', but then because of the name of my site 'Jynx-Anims', I decided to go with that.
VG Wyvern
Wyverns are my favorite kind of dragons. The VG stands for videogame since I love videogames so much. VG Wyvern is also the name of the webcomic I'm working on.
mjohnson
My Chinese name is JiangShan,it is similar to Johnson,but Johnson has often been used by others,so I use mjohnson. m equal to I am,so mjohnson means that I am Johnson,I take Johnson as my English name.Hoho~
kevin briggs
i am that new to forums and computers that i just put in my full name,i will know the next time to maybe put in a nickname or just my first name.
Raydon
Ever watched "Mortal Combat" movies or played games Laughing

Well thats from where I got the name...alltho I don't look like him...
physk
my gfx friends made me one when i requested one!

my old was: Alienator
alfiqrah
I choose the name 'alfiqrah' because the meaning of this word is about the way you think. so, in my religion, this name symbolize the way my mind think about...

so, choose your name that is meaningful!! Very Happy
Q5U8
Is part of my Social Security Code Very Happy
Vladalf
My dad invented it. He was watching one of the Lord of the Rings movies and when he heard about Gandalf he invented Vladalf. Laughing
sondosia
I use mine for almost every website I ever register at. A few years ago, I wanted to write a fantasy story and I was looking at those name generator things. I found a few interesting names, but sondosia stuck with me for some reason. The story never actually came into existence, but the name lives on. Very Happy
KHO
I totally just hit 3 keys randomly and liked the way it looked. =|

Not even kidding =| I just hit keys, and i liked it. Then I came up with the idea of making it an acronym.... but i never came up with anything fun to make it.... NEW THREAD!!!! haha =|
xbcd
My site uses a driver called XBCD and i host the forum here so XBCD it is.
silvermesh
Originally I went by "Silverblade" online(a name from an old D&D character of mine), but I found that that name is used more frequently as the years go on(back when I was first online I only met one other Silverblade in YEARS of activity), and I refuse to use the 348635466746 after my name in order to register a username somewhere. I had an IRC chat bot that I had named silvermesh, because it was close to Silverblade, and sounded kind of robotic(the word was basically stolen from an item in Everquest), I sort of started using silvermesh as my name slowly as I started using the bot as my primary means of chatting, and eventually I switched over to registering under silvermesh.
uuuuuu
Mine is a clever username indeed.

"uuuuuu" (u is for Uwe).

but 6 u's is the same as 3 w's.
So when I have my site finally, it's like www.frih.net, only, uuuuuu.frih.net.

Maybe this is not so clever afterall.

Love,

Uwe
xiaozhu
Hahas mine? erm...i usually use it thats all
and the name is cute isn't it?... Twisted Evil
but actually get it from a taiwan singer?
hahahas =) i like him....hes cool for
those who know him/.....
mtx
Mtx is from Matrix. And Matrix is the film an ideology that I admire. Also my dog is called Matrix. Simple?
Infinity-al
I came with my username (Infinity) after a math lesson with infinite ... and i just used it coz it sounds cool.. Cool
Fuzzy-Duck
I've used this name in one incarnation or another for 8 or 9 years online... I know a few other people use it (that I've noticed) but, dammit, it was my nickname at school so I'm not giving it up!

Cheers,
fuzzy
iNs@nE
iNs@nE = iN sATn E = Satan Inside. Razz
Futile
When I first started online gaming my I picked Starfire for an online name. I ran a SC (Starcraft) clan but of course Real Life demanded that I put my SC persona on ice for awhile. Having returned a month or two later I found that the clan was still member strong but in total chaos. Having to try and get things back in order I changed my handle to HellStorm to reflect my new attitude toward bringing things back online with the clan. Needless to say, the long absence and a week or two of reorganizing and getting things in order had really taken a toll on my gaming skills. So once again I changed my handle to Futile in order to reflect my pathetic game play and Futile has stuck ever since. I am known in a few circles as Futile Jester but everyone still shortens it to Futile. Plus an unforeseen bonus of the handle is the always ready (I know that it is corny) catch phrase "Resistance is Futile! ringing through your headset as you get fragged. Thus is the origin of Futile.
erlendhg
Mine is really boring.
My name, Erlend, and the first initial from my last names.
Chris24
Mine is pretty much self explainatory I think.. Wink
alexdude
I got mine because my name is Alex and I am certainly a dude. Razz
guissmo
my username is the second word of my first name.
karysky
I've been using mine since as long as I can remember...

It comes from my first name, Karyne, and sky comes from two things: the sky itself, which I love, and Skywalker, from the Star Wars series.

Smile
Zombie
I just randomly made mine up. No significance whatsoever. Except that it sounds cool.

Arrow
and.hunt
Mine is an abbreviation of my name . I also sometimes use the username flopbillion, how / Why I came on to this name remains a mystery to me.
thealpha
i came up with my username because i love this music band very much. the alpha is a music band which is able to play pop music and folk songs with high quality. the alpha also compose their own original songs with good melodies and lyrics. the members of alpha, although, most are teenagers, they both can play more than one instruments. this impressed me a lot!

i admire this band very much and so use the name of the band as my username
vonboy
well, my real first name in vaughn, and some of my friends would sonetimes call me vonboy, so it stuck i guess. i realy can't think of any other username that i'd ever want or need.

my username is also not that popular, so if you see it, it's most likely me Cool .
missdixy
my name is dixy.
and i'm a miss.
TruPain
Mine actually started way back with AOL2.0, you know, back when punters and pinters were fun Twisted Evil

Anyway, my first screen name was PoeT, cause I always enjoyed writting poetry... and then I got into the whole punter and pinter thing, so I changed my name to TruMisery, cause my life wasn't exaclty doing the best at the time due to personal reasons.

After several battles on who could make/have the best punter/anti-punter, some people started saying that I was a pain in the ass. So to make things even more "pain in the ass" for people, I made a program called "Guide Tools." What I did was I phished for peoples ******, and then became a huge pain in the ass by punting people all over, and even punted a few "Guides" so that I could get each and every "Guide" threat available.

All this tool was used for reciting/scrolling what the Guides would tell users wether it was the TOS, or muting or breaking rules.
This caused many people to take my TruMisery name and started saying that I was "a TruPain", so the name just stuck... now most people that have known me since back then know me by that name, so I figure why change... so my 2 biggest used names are TruMisery and TruPain...

:sorry for the background info, but it was fun to remenence"
snicker
I usually use ilnico as my username (from my name)... but lately I grew tired with it ; moreover, I did not like ilnico.frih.net, so I moved to sNicker, which still contains part of my name and is a a lame joke with sneaker... Probably nothing to be proud of, but I like it Wink

My 2 cents[/i]
zanzou
I've been reading fanfic since I was around 11. When I was about 13, I read one that I thought was awesome, and stole it from it. XD;;; It's stuck with me through the years.
tempdbs
I am a Data Warehouse Analyst. I stucked with this word - Tempdb in Oracle and I added a "S" as I am Sipra.

It's now Tempdbs
bartdou
My chinese name has the similar pronouncation of "BART", and the coincidence is that bart is a native English name, so I chose it as my english name, DOU is my family name, a Chinese family name, "bartdou" looks better than "doubart" in shape, i think.
wylieconlon
Simple: It's my nickname and my last name. Easy to remember!
rafifaisal
Very easy. It just is my real name.
Nothing to hide from here, no weird messages I write down here, so why a nickname ? ?
Just my own name.
WallBase
mhm, bec i want to make a wallpapers website, and one of my friends came up with WallBase, i choose it of (wallpaperweb, wallyz, wallz, wallbase, wallpaperbase, 3d-art, lovelywallz, boyswallz) and many more, so i choose wallbase xDxD
Chelissamow
My nickname was made up when I switched the M and Ch from my real names to form this name. I really like this name; I've been using it for years now. xD
bonestorm74
Mine is simply my gaming name, which in turn I stole from the Simpsons. Nothing much original going on at all. Wink
Grahambel
Alexander Grahambel Laughing
Rico
Its what I respond to when someone tries to get my attention.
desertwind
Hmmmm.... Explained here: DesertWind?
Fake
I think my username is pretty cool. I just came up with it,coz i wanted a FAKE name Razz
ca222
I get called,

Kaybo - by my dad
KitKat - My boyfriend and his family. (Because his 4 year old brother tryed to kick me, and his mum said, "Don't kick kat" really fast)
Cat - by friends
Kat-apiller - Ashley my boyfriend
Kayti - Spelling errors by people.
ca222 - Cat and 2 (Don't ask why I can't remember)
ErmKaybio - Bebo name because I couldn't think and I went Errrm ? Kaybo? And all together, ErmKaybIO!
Mush - Southeners call me that!
Duck -Stokies call me that

Just a few.
LittleMissPattycake
I came up with mine on accident really. One day I was just thinking of a fun new username to use for sites and stuff and I was thinking and suddenly 'MissPattycake' came to mind. Then, I just added Little to make it sound cuter. Everyone asks me "Whats with the name?" and I usually say "...Don't ask" xD
LumberJack
My Grade 11 Physics class. It was decided that LumberJack would be my user name for all things internet based Smile That was quite a while ago actually, about 7-8 years. LOL!
Molle
I didn't really "come up" with my username. My friends and family dosen't use my real name, but "Molle". It's supposed to be "Mollemeis" but I did make it shorter Wink
markblu
My username is markblu, there's a story behind it. But lately I've aquired the nickname soup, because my last name is Campbell. I got markblu because me and a couple friends were sitting around and bored and we just got the idea that our current screen names were boring. We decided to use the name mark with a color mispelled after the name. It turned out to work pretty well because only our friends could do this as there are a limited amount of colors that could be used for this purpose. :]

sOuP
Vrythramax
LittleMissPattycake wrote:
I came up with mine on accident really. One day I was just thinking of a fun new username to use for sites and stuff and I was thinking and suddenly 'MissPattycake' came to mind. Then, I just added Little to make it sound cuter. Everyone asks me "Whats with the name?" and I usually say "...Don't ask" xD

The US Military calls this the "Don't ask, Don't tell" Policy. Laughing
ninjakannon
LittleMissPattycake wrote:

The problem with a name that has 19 characters is that many online features / websites that allow you to create an account limit the number of characters available in a username. Thus, you will often have to use a different username. I sometimes even have trouble with 'ninjakannon', which only contains 11 characters.
Manuel
Well, my username is also my real name. I am Manuel

Very original, right? Laughing
ConquerSockets
Hello all!

My name is pretty randomly created...
One of my biggest problem is to get to find a name or a user name... So I just went to google typed the word conquer and I saw the words Conquer Sockets...

So I just deceided to pick this randomly up... looks good Laughing

Alex.
hofodomo01
I was a titus fan (canadian tv show....?) and a motivational speaker was like, "HO-FO-DO-MO!!"

now it's also that domo-kun little guy...
alexdude
When I first started making user names I just used my first and last name. Now I use my websites name.
Vrythramax
alexdude wrote:
When I first started making user names I just used my first and last name. Now I use my websites name.

Your last name is "dude"? I don't know if that's cool or not Confused
divinitywolf
I made mine up.
I love the word "divinity". It sounds so...well... good!
And i love wolves so put the two together and what do you get?
Divinitywolf!

Its totally origional. I wanted to have a completely unique name.
Dean_The_Great
I started mine on Diablo II, and now it's just stuck.
Sphaerenkern
It's the name of my P&P RPG-System and the site for it. Mainly, I registered to frihost to host a different site, but the name of that site wasn't that great for a username Smile
Tatsumaru
I stole it from my a videogame character from one of my favorite series: Tenchu for the playstation. Tenchu 2 to be specifically, there's a guy named Tatsumaru there who kicks ass.

I use this name on most forums, it kind of stuck with me... wish I would've picked something else and more original in the beginning of my internet-age haha.
Katarinae
I've been using Katarinae (Kat for short) for over 10 years. It's just something I came up with, and stuck with ever since.
jmlworld
Jamatu wrote:

How I came up my username is really pretty cool... Wanted to have definitly rare nicname that the search engines can index imediately on the top searches of page one...

I took a plain sheet and a pen, then tried all the names of me (first, middle and last), then everything looked cheap... Hoho, One day later watching the BBC World Service TV, I chose picked three characters from my first name then added "World" at the end... and that way I'm the real JMLWorld over the Internet and even all my friends, classmates and Internet buddies call me JMLWorld. I had this username since 2001
Ghost Rider103
A lot of people thought that I stole my username from the movie Ghost Rider, but no.

A few years ago, I was going to create a new xbox live account. I liked to play two games, that was Ghost Recon, and MTX Mototrax (Motocross game). And those were the only two that I played. So I put the two together, and got Ghost Rider, rider being like a motocross rider.

So I actually had my name a few years before the movie was even announced.

And I just added the 103 that was the # at the time of my fav SX rider.
J-Evil
The First letter of my real name (Josh), and the first part of my online gaming name (Evil). Hence: J-Evil
rainynightstarz
my is like my chinese name translated
so it's pretty cool

yu in my name means rain in chinese
and my family nick name is xingxing for star
and stars comes out at night x)

however, no stars on rainy nights!! so i guess i don't exist
nisharani
straight from my name & 'RANI' means queen (of hearts).
darrenpaul
Mines just my middle two names, nice and simple

I do have another one, that I use more on the internet, but thats my name, no full one mind you
Melacos
I've been using this for around 10 years now... It started out as being something I thought sounded cool, when attempting to kill my buddies across the LAN.. Now I've become aware that it bears resemblance to a brand of candy, which kinda undermines the coolness, but then again now it's merely an old habit hanging on to me...
killerqueen
Uh- Queen's song; Killer queen ;P.
Ascaris
It's the name of a Nematode. I just thought it sounded cool.
watersoul
I totally and absolutely love the ocean, beaches and water sports especially diving, kayaking, sailing and swimming - self explanatory really Very Happy
Tadtoad
Back in high school during my biology finals, some dumb guy sitting behind a friend of mine started whispering to my friend for the name of the phase in a frogs life cycle that comes before the adult phase. My friend was like "wtf?", but he answered him anyway.."tadpole"...the dumb guy replied.."tad...what?". My friend: "Tadpole!" Dumb guy:"Tadtoad?" My friend: "yes, yes, TADTOAD!" from then on we started calling that friend of mine Tadtoad.
BuckyDoneGun
Mines from an M.I.A song!
MunMun2o2o
MY username is popped out in my head..
Mun is my last name while 2o2o is my fren like to use so i follow.. Laughing
chatrack
I use my realname + initials as my user name

this is becouse, my name will always entered by some other one.. in most sites
so i add my initials also... it probably work in many sites.. till now
chi0
It's the first half of my role playing game name, with a 0 tacked on to the end to make it long enough. Razz
nosnhoj909
iplaced one word in another word and this baby word with a number stuck on it came out. its so cute ^_^
dac_nip
my username sucks. i hope i can change it:D. it was the initials of a girl (lets just leave it there ok?) combined with the initials of my institute. it was very immature:). haha
vineeth
I spend a lot of time searching for a perfect username. I tried a lot, read a lot to get something catchy... and finally decided to use my first name as my username. Why should I hide ???
HardyPC
Our Computer Buisness!
andredesignz
Well choose my user name was very very easy, i am a graphic designer and one day i was just there thinking what can i choose and it just click in my head just use my 1st name and designz cause thats what i do....
So i just go with andre designz some people call me AD or designer
guissmo
Guissmo's my given name. My dad took the word "Gizmo" and variated the spelling.
I don't think he did that to make registering websites easier and faster for me.
iyepes
First letter of my name and my last name, pretty common, I inherited it from my first windows user at my first work.
soljarag
my nick name is from an old rap song by the rapper "juvenile"... back when I played Quake online I used it and it stuck with me
PatTheGreat42
My name's Pat and I'm Great. Further, I'm the only one as Great as I am, and is Pat.
Xaferrow
I always use Xaferrow as my user id. cuz' Xaf Errow is my name. weird name, huh?
reb00table
I liked the way bootable disks sounds. My gaming nick was boot@ble to emphases the pronunciation.
Then I quit playing for a while. When I returned, I was reb00t@ble. Some boards have problem with "@" and other symbols, so I use an "a".
BlackroseDigitalDesigns
Mine is my design companies name. The black rose, though it isn't a natural rose color has been used throughout mythology as a symbol for tragic beauty. Also, the black rose is an anarchist symbol derived from the Irish rebellion song "Little Black Rose"
Rhineus
Well, its a name I came up with for a online game called Ogame, my name was panther_1978 or Iahhel but I got used to Rhineus. I thought it was hard to remember but as I got to typing it all the time, I got used to it. And so, Rhineus it is Smile
supernova1987a
always fascinated with astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology....truth
jiangshan
jiangshan is my Chinese name,I not offen use this username,just because it is very offen be occupied by others in Chinses website.but in this forum I can use it,I like it!
milleja46
Wow this is intresting how some people come up with their usernames, mine is just my login id for my school email i had last year in my highschool. But then they elminated the part about that because of idiots abusing it and bringing in viruses
TurtleShell
killerqueen wrote:
Uh- Queen's song; Killer queen ;P.

I love that song. I like turtles and I'm a bit slow. I like the wisdom thing they have going on too, would like to ahve some of that myself.
Ankhanu
I created mine for use as an IRC user name in... oh, 1997 or so.

It was created phonetically, combining the Egyptian Ankh and French inconnu... Ankhanu (Ahn-KAH-noo). Through a little serendipity, it also end up meaning something like "Hidden life" by combining the root word definitions (Ankh represents life/immortality; inconnu = hidden/shrouded).
jabce85
my initals and birthday... Christmas Eve... WOOT!
greeneyedtaxi
it's a song name. well not exactly; it's a translation of a song name.
speeDemon
Jamatu wrote:

if I do that, then i'll come up with adsaga!
coming to the point, i guess it just popped up.. i didnt really do much thinking about it....
soljarag
back whhen i used to play quake online I picked this name.........

It was the title of an old song by the rapper "juvenile" and it fit the whole "quake" feel.... so Ive stuck with it ever since......
desonium
A bit weird was that for me.
But when I played ogame with my classmates one friend of me called himself Dimonus.
Because we were in the same alliance I thought a kind of same name.
So it became Desonium
Jamatu
Nice to see this thread still chugging along after nearly 5 years! Shocked
Shadowninja7194
I came up with my name by being fantazized with everything stealthy and. Then i just put the 4 numbers of my birthday since i could be awesome. Thus came to be Shadowninja7194, the digital jedi.
anakin_skyrunner
Well, just as I was a Lord of the Rings fan for quite some time (thus the wonderful youtube username "angmarsfreak" - I wished you could change it like with Twitter) I had a Star Wars Fan Period in 2005 I think - is that the year episode 3 was released? Anyway, it was the time to explore the Internet and some forums.
As Anakin Skywalker wasn't available and it sounded to "simple" when I wanted to register with the first forum I changed it to anakin_skyrunner ... and that's my alias since then that I use for any platform I register with. Sometimes as askyrunner or in a different form, depending on the rules for usernames.

I think I came up with that because I knew a program called Luke Filerunner or something similar to that.

Creative, huh? Cool
iman
I used my nickname.
sudipbanerjee
Its just my name
gandalfthegrey
It came from a book or movie or something like that Wink
guggs
guggs = Grand Union Gobio Gobio Society, dedicated to the pursuit and capture of canal gudgeon. As we say "Size doesn't matter ..."
natilovesmike
Just being in love with my husband...I guess...

I've that name for a long time...and still using it...
dude_xyx
My old yahoo Messenger ID. Which has been my nick for a very long time. I guess around 8 years. Goes for my avatar too.
Insanity
It was done on a whim. Actually, I kind of stole it from an IRC bot that was running on the chat network. One day they decided to kill the bot and I took its name, and that's that. \
ProfessorY91
Gotta love Insanity's post. Its such a common word its difficult to get a username like that for any online service.

Myself, well... I teach a few classes here and there, most often Computer Science (introductory) for a University of MN program. A student decided that he couldn't pronounce my first name, which I won't disclose here, and called out "Yo, Professor Y!". It caught on, and it's been a recurring name ever since.
TurtleShell
My favorite animals in the world are turtles and hamsters. I think if i were coming up with my username today, I might have gone with hamster instead of turtle. I've had several hamsters in the last few years and I loved them all.
D'Artagnan
i was reading The three musketeers...
Josso
My name with an o

It was 2000 and the internet had got a tad larger. "Joss" didn't cut it on battle net so I added the o. I can't even get Josso's now sometimes.
alvarorojas4
Well, it's simply... My First name, my Last Name and the #4... that i love Smile
IceCreamTruck
Mine is my high school band name. I figured that you think music when you hear the term "ice cream truck", so it would make a good band name, and my high school friends agreed. It is also my username on yahoo, so I've stuck with it over the years, and now it's my online tag. It is not currently used as a band name, but I have that option I suppose.
ayour
it's the name of my the village where i was born.
pauline5765
It's my real name and just some random numbers that I've been using since 10 years ago.
Vanilla
Because I tend to smell like vanilla. Not naturally, of course. Very Happy My perfumes are usually vanilla-based and then I use vanilla scented lotions, soaps, shampoos... One day I even bought vanilla-scented fabric softener. I'm crazy worried about my smell because I have a pretty powerful nose and I can tell a lot of things by just smelling a passing person. Guess I'm just afraid of meeting someone that has a nose just like mine. Razz
dharmin
my username is my real name, so i guess my mon and dad came up with my username!
yah, i know i am uncreative and boring!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
dspblack
Name of a local liquor brand that I was on when I creating an email account.
alongkichu
My first and last name!
inuyasha
My username is just a name of an anime series, which I was on fire for~
sudipbanerjee
Sudip is my name and Banerjee is my surname.
VaderX
Because I like darth vader from star wars. I watch the show the Ex's. I like them both and I sometimes watch them on demand.
hflorin
well, my name is Florin Hangu.. so hflorin is from my real name.
darthrevan
This user name came from my favorite star wars character off of the knights of the old republic
Peterssidan
When I was signing up on Frihost I wasn't sure if the subdomain name had to be the same as the username so I tried to think of a name for my website. I had not much planned and I was eager to get my hosting account so I didn't think it through very well. The meaning of Peterssidan is something like "the Peter's page", but it's not grammatically correct. It should have been Peters sida, or maybe Petersidan.

The name is not really that good as a website name and it's not what I used when I later requested my hosting account. I have got used to it as a username and wouldn't change it even if I could because this is my name on Frihost and changing it would only confuse people.
drunkenkoz
My friends started calling my KoZ when I was a kid and the drunken was sort of added to it when I was drunk playing Counter-Strike one night.
masterekat
My initials at the present time are EKA, so when I started my first job, my coworkers started calling me EKAT. Then one day my friend and I discovered Gaia Online, and I wanted to use EKAT as my username there. It was already taken, unfortunately, but Gaia happens to suggest similar names if the one you want to use is already taken. It was showing us a bunch of variations of EKAT with different prefixes attached. Well, when it showed us MasterEKAT, it was already late into night and my friend and I were giddy, so for that reason we both found the name extremely hilarious and laughed about it for ages. So masterekat on the interwebs for the past five years, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
ratanegra
I'm sure most of you remember why you chose your nickname. So, unless it's your name, what does your nickname mean? Why did you pick it among all the others? I chose mine when I was going through a dark phase of my life and I kinda felt identified with this little animal called "black rat" which had propagated the "peste negra" or black death that killed millions of people in Europe in the 1400s. It's over now and I don't use the nickname anymore elsewhere, but I keep it because why not? Very Happy
Vanilla
Guess I already posted here that I like Vanilla stuff yadda yadda. I still wear a lot of it, but since I'm wearing bolder perfumes I try to use less Vanilla scented creams and soaps. Rolling Eyes

Topics merged.
TurtleShell
I picked turtleshell because at the time, I felt like I really connected with turtles on a deep level. I like their slowness. And I wanted to be wise like their persona always portrays them. Plus I seriously wanted a pet turtle.
onlinerevu
my user name is my blog name i created blog and iam using my blog name as my user name and my friends call me revu i totally give up my user name Mad