FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Biobeer!

Voodoocat
How do you make the all natural food of the gods even better? Sell it as a nutritional supplement! A bunch of Rice University students are working on splicing the gene for the antioxidant resveratrol into saccharomyces then using the yeast to ferment beer. Once that is accomplished, I guess the next step will be to determine the best ratio of beer to wings to improve health. I'm sure there will lots of volunteers for that!

Here is a link: http://media.www.ricethresher.org/media/storage/paper1290/news/2008/10/31/News/Biobeer.At.The.Very.Yeast.It.Fights.Cancer-3516865.shtml

The next step: splice the luciferase gene into saccharomyces and make glo-beer Smile
coolclay
That sounds like an amazing idea. Healthy beer! I don't think it will ever find a market though. I don't agree with gene modification, and bioengineering really either so I wouldn't buy it.
miacps
coolclay wrote:
I don't think it will ever find a market though. I don't agree with gene modification, and bioengineering really either so I wouldn't buy it.

Why not clay? If it's done right, it could be a great thing.
Gagnar The Unruly
It already is a really important technology in research. Modern genetics wouldn't really be possible without gene transformation technology.
bonestorm74
Hey nice, I could go some of that right now.
rafaht
What? The beer not is bio? Because uses the fermentation process, a natural proccess with biology activity, not?
Ankhanu
rafaht wrote:
What? The beer not is bio? Because uses the fermentation process, a natural proccess with biology activity, not?

Did you read the thread or link in the first post before pointlessly bumping a 5 year old thread with content that doesn't address the thread topic at all?