FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wild Subdomains

mariomaster
Are wild subdomains enabled on this server?

This is for sharpwebs.co.cc. Before you say I'm running a webhost, I'm not. Yes, I am testing a webhosting software that was just developed to see if it works, but I simply can't handle free webhosting Sad Maybe sometime later. Either way, I'm offering MyBB Subdomains using a particular software which says I MUST have wild subdomains enabled in the httpd.conf file in my / directory. Trouble is, I can't find it Sad

Could someone help?
Bondings
mariomaster wrote:
Are wild subdomains enabled on this server?

This is for sharpwebs.co.cc. Before you say I'm running a webhost, I'm not. Yes, I am testing a webhosting software that was just developed to see if it works, but I simply can't handle free webhosting Sad Maybe sometime later. Either way, I'm offering MyBB Subdomains using a particular software which says I MUST have wild subdomains enabled in the httpd.conf file in my / directory. Trouble is, I can't find it Sad

Could someone help?

It's one of the reasons why we don't allow dns wildcards. Offering subdomains with MyBB forums isn't allowed. We don't allow forum hosting, file hosting, image hosting, ... services. (If you want the reason, those are mostly dependent on server resources and take a lot of them)
mariomaster
Okay Sad

Weird though, because the multiforums script I use is basically virtual, meaning as long as I have it installed it will only take 10mb at installation and the rest is a virtual index.html file.

In that case, though, I will see what I can do with another host in the meantime.