FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Left 4 Dead Demo

rightclickscott
This game is coming out in just a few days, but jesus f*ck balls, this game is awesome. It runs off the source engine, which is the same engine used by Valve for the Counter Strike, Team Fortress, Half-Life, and Portal games. The game is designed as a 4 player co-op game with extra added features, including other players playing as elite zombies, and the ability to vote in game over certain things, like people being kicked out for being annoying or changing the level or difficulty. The normal zombies in the game are incredibly fast and numerous, and the special zombies, like Boomers, Smokers, Hunters, and Witches, appear randomly, making each play through different. The game is endless fun, with a really creepy atmosphere. I constantly found myself stepping back to take everything in, so nothing would catch me off guard, but the zombies will still run in out of nowhere even if you stand there doing nothing. This is definitely one of the games that is a must get for me. Until then, though, I'm enjoying the demo.
HamsterMan
Two of my friends were talking about it constantly yesterday. Seems like they had loads of fun with the demo, so I will probably get the whole version in a few days.
Diablosblizz
Yeah, I have the demo. Pretty great game, although it sucks how the demo is only limited to two levels, would be nice if there was a few more. I'm hoping to get this game, as it's a WONDERFUL game! Worth the download if your willing to try.
filesharing
sounds nice, i will give a try...
enygmasoft
[quote="filesharing"]sounds nice, i will give a try...[/quote

Yes I cant deny the game looks interesting.
achowles
It's good fun. No boundaries are pushed. The Source engine is really starting to look old. But the simple, core coop FPS game play is unsurpassed. It does what it does extremely well. I suppose that it's a shame there were no unexpected innovations, like those often found in Valve's games. But I'm being slowly but surely won over by what it does offer.

The AI direction does seem to work quite well too. Sometimes you play through an area expecting the same hordes that rushed you before only to find it empty. Then when you let your guard down, BLAM you're rushed from all sides out of nowhere. Then, of course, you get to try out the various means of rescuing and reviving team mates. =p
weableandbob
the demo is just awesome. I'd get it, but i don't have much money and i'm not supposed to play M games
QrafTee
I love the demo. I played 1 game of Normal, 2 games of Advanced, and the rest Expert. I've only beaten it on Expert twice; it is hard as hell! Taking on a Tank on Expert is not an option, it rips people's limb off in seconds. I would buy it, but 4 Campaigns with roughly 5 Acts each and an assortment of multiplayer options for $45.00-$49.99... running on an aging Steam engine. I'll wait until the price goes down to Team Fortress 2 prices; roughly $19.99.
Spartan
I tried the demo, and I guess it was pretty cool. On Normal difficulty it was pretty easy from what I've seen. Didn't try any other difficulty though.
QrafTee
Spartan wrote:
I tried the demo, and I guess it was pretty cool. On Normal difficulty it was pretty easy from what I've seen. Didn't try any other difficulty though.

Try it on Expert, you'll rip your hair out of your scalp trying to beat it.
ForceRun
This is going to be the game of the year! Someone said that this game is not the best value. Just play it once with a group of your friends on verses, and you will be sold. This game is so much fun and every time is a totally different game. The AI director changes stuff, but it is really the people you play with that makes the biggest difference. The guys on the other team and really it is your friend that save you or deal a ton of friendly fire and leave you behind. I have been playing none stop sense it came out, and it is so much fun just trying survive. I think I have had the most fun becoming the 'Tank', a really big super zombie that has a lot of health, I total trashed a group of survivors last night hitting them with the tank right after a witch and a horde. Try it out guys!
bernardnapoleon
I played the game and it really really fun. seens the the is really so random, sometimes you'll encounter 2 witches in one level. try that in expert mode! hahaha
deadswan
I missed it Crying or Very sad
I only got told about it on the day the game came out lol
So I didn't get to play the demo and I don't have a Xbox 360 and my comp kinda sucks lol
I hope you all have fun playing Wink

Mr. Green
bernardnapoleon
deadswan wrote:
So I didn't get to play the demo and I don't have a Xbox 360 and my comp kinda sucks lol

Mr. Green

awww... sad. Sad
deadswan
bernardnapoleon wrote:
deadswan wrote:

Mr. Green

awww... sad. Sad

Indeeeeed.....
Ah well Wink

Mr. Green
ForceRun
Dudes, this game is super sweet, I beat No Mercy on Expert today. This game is turning me into a Zombie, making me stay up all night to play it. I have been playing it for 2 straight weeks, and I'm still wanting more. I was a TF2 fan, but I think I will have to split my time now. The funnest times is trashing the humans when you are Zombies, and playing both sides is all about team work. This is the 'Game of the Year' for me, and should be a must buy for you!
JinTenshi
Yea I kinda love the gameplay and how it works out. Nothing beat being suddenly attacked from behind and your friends are all covering for you. XD
Fake
Inclined to buy this game.....hopefullly I wont, but still be able to play it online
Kelcey
I downloaded the demo on the PC and... sadly I didn't really enjoy it. I typically love co-op games, especially online. I dunno why it didn't click with me.