FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Restarting Often

tamilparks
My system is restarting often, when i just started my PC, after login and afte sometime a blue screen with some message came, you have to restart or remove the files no more memory like that then within a second then restarting not working properly how can i rectify this? please any one help me
saratdear
You most probably got the (in)famous Blue screen of death. Here is the wikipedia page for some preliminary reading - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_Of_Death - and then you could try these pages; those are the google search results for BSoD types.
ezekiel_rage
tamilparks wrote:
My system is restarting often, when i just started my PC, after login and afte sometime a blue screen with some message came, you have to restart or remove the files no more memory like that then within a second then restarting not working properly how can i rectify this? please any one help me

What version of Windows are you using?

It really helps if you can view and tell us what the error is.

That way we can pinpoint the problem.

the bunch of numbers at the bottom will be very helpful in determining the problem.

for example 0x0000007E (0x000000...

post back the exact error

regards,
tamilparks
[quote="ezekiel_rage"]
tamilparks wrote:

ya the same error you have mentioned ezekier rage, i am using windows xp service pack 2
wumingsden
...possible over-heating. Which can cause a whole list of problems mentioned.

(If you know what your doing)Open up your tower and check the fans are still working. And clear any dust thats collected. There is a feature on windows which checks the temp. of the system, but I don't think its very accurate (Mr. Google will help you out there).
Make sure your PC has good ventilation...it needs to be able to breath as much as you Wink
And if you have a laptop buy a cooling-mat.
tamilparks
fan is working no problem, i checked for the dusts, but no problem also good ventilation also, is there any problem with virus? i am having AVG virus scanner
coreymanshack
Usually you get a blue screen at start up because of the hard disk. I'm pretty sure you don't have a virus.
Most likely windows just errored with the start up files somehow one day. Try to boot in safe mode and do a system recovery.
Your hard disk could be bad.
Try reinstalling windows.
andredesignz
You know i usually have that problem and guess what was the problem i have a virus on my partition hard drive.
I program my pc about 8 times that day and never knew i had a virus. What i did was to install NOD 32 right as i finish running last xp v16 on my pc them it just clear up every thing Cool
ssthanapati
i think ur ram is dying....

Had a similar problem with one of my PC's

Try putting in a spare one which works without ant problem in other pc's

I think its just the case
devaco
Thank you for tips..............
Craeft
Ok.. I don't know if your issue is resolved or not. But I JUST fixed the same problem. I would boot, it would hit windows splash, BSOD, and restart. It would do it anywhere from 3 to 10 times before it finally went through. Now... ya ready for something completely off the wall that was causing my problem?

Undervoltage. Yep. My PSU is a POS. I removed some unnecessary components, brought the overall voltage back up, and >>POOF<< no problem since. I have a new PSU on the way now.
internetjobs
is it asking for check disk?.. just run a check disk by booting your operating system in the recovery console.

Second this you check your RAM it may be with your bad RAM. replace your RAM and check it out..

May i know which processor and mother board you are using?
Ghost Rider103
Another possibility is it getting too cold. Maybe when you go to sleep or something, does it get extremely cold at night?

I had a laptop that our schools gave us, and when I would leave it in my car over night, the next morning for school I would turn it on, and then a few minutes later it would restart. In some cases, as soon as I started it, it would shut right back off before anything ever came up on the monitor. I actually had to plug it into the wall to even get the power to come on.

But it gets extremely cold here, you can get frostbite within under 10minutes where I live, so that could be why it happened to me..

Just something to think about though.