FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Software to transfer SMS from cell phone

ainieas
Does anyone know of some reliable software to transfer SMS from a cell phone to the computer through bluetooth or via USB cable?

Thanks!
jackill
Nokia PC Suite SMC (Siemens Mobile Control), etc...Specify what cellphone.
ainieas
I need it for my old Nokia N-Gage.
jackill
Nokia PC Suite isn't working with it? -> http://www.gsmhacks.com/forums/nokia/54239-how-transfer-sms-text-format-n73.html
cyberbuddy
the new Nokia PC suite i think has a module to transfer your sms and yes it mainly depends on you SET
ainieas
Ya the new PC Suite does not recognize my phone. Thats why I'm looking for some third party software that would transfer sms from a series 60 phone.
dawei
Have you ever tried "MobTime Cell Phone Manager"

I have been using it.

It supports many ways of data transfer, such as blue tooth.

I often use it to send SMS over the blue tooth.
welshsteve
The current issue of computeractive in the UK mentions some software for this in their workshops, but I don't have my copy with me, I'll take a look tonight and come back Very Happy
welshsteve
OK, try a piece of software called Zyb - www.zyb.com
pumpin
Try Nokia PC suit or google for sms Manager
albuferque
Why don't you try gnokii

gnokii provides tools and a user space driver for use with mobile phones under various operating systems (most testing is done under Linux but also Solaris, *BSD family and MS Windows families are known to work. If you wonder whether your phone is supported or not, it is safe to assume it is supported, at least when the phone is fairly modern. However there are rare cases that make phone support very limited. You may refer to our wiki pages for hints in the gnokii configuration.
gnokii features

gnokii allows you to communicate with the phone over the serial cable connection, usb connection (support depends mostly on the operating system level support), infrared connection and bluetooth connection.

gnokii provides many functionality of different areas for user to manipulate mobile phone.

You can send SMS, receive them and save them in the phone. gnokii supports delivery reports, picture messages (Nokia own protocol), concatenated messages, wap pushes, unicode messsages. gnokii allows you to send and receive logos and ringtones over SMS.

http://www.gnokii.org
aningbo
MobTime is the best. u should give it a try.

= Backup and restore contacts, calendars or short messages on your PC.

= Auto and smart sync your phone with Outlook or Outlook Express, Lotus Notes.

= Quickly input messages on your PC and send out via your phone. Even enjoy chatting like MSN or Skype.

= Enjoy new MP3s, pictures, videos, eBooks, Java applications and games on your phone.

= Transfer photos to your PC, save them, share them with others.

= Free to try before buy. Free upgrade after you buy.