FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP Clients

lockwolf
Do you know of any FTP clients that I can change a large ammount of file permissions in an instant? Somehow all my file permissions got set to 644 and I cant take the time to manually change them. Also, it needs to work with frihost!

Thanks all!
matt87
I use CuteFTP... it works great plus it is very simple to change the CHMOD on any file/folder. It would work great for you but I am not sure they have a free version out. I had to pay for this one a while back.
blackant
ya, cuteftp is not bad.
Or you can try wtf_ftp.

They are both very well known. Wink
bao
I think you can use flashftp.The flashftp support batch file permissions.
alwi_frih
I use WS_FTP Lite, its free for personal use. You can go to www.ipswitch.com to download WS_FTP.

Follow these steps to CHMOD multiple files in WS_FTP :
- Connect to your FTP Server
- Select the files you wish to CHMOD. Press SHIFT + CTRL + END to select all files
- Right-click on your selection. This will pop-up a menu
- Click CHMOD on the menu
- Set your preferences and click OK when finished.

This will CHMOD all the files you select. Good Luck Wink

ALWI
Dimaod
I am using Ipswitch Ws FTP 2005....
I can work with my Ftp only with this one....
Its big 26 mb but its have lot of features Cool
raildr
Try open source. I have been very happy with it and I have tried them all. To change file permissions just right click and choose 'properties.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/
lockwolf
raildr wrote:
Try open source. I have been very happy with it and I have tried them all. To change file permissions just right click and choose 'properties.

I have filezilla and I wasnt able to do it, but im good now
limcopy
lockwolf wrote:
raildr wrote:

I have filezilla and I wasnt able to do it, but im good now

Filezila is better ; and friendly user
axelm
You can also use a web based ftp client! At www.net2ftp.com ! This one is absolutelly free and you can change permissions to all files at once! It works really fast! I like it better that Cute FTP, wich I used till now!
shwetanshu
i also use cuteFTP but before i used smartFTP
david150
I use WS_FTP Pro but I never used another one. Can someone tell me one, which is better than this, because sometimes I get problems with CHMODD.
dule
anyone know why my WS_FTP pro i so #$%&ing slow? that's why i dont use it. it all goes well and then it says connecting to blablabla and stands like that for 5 mins, and thens begins the 2. file and then waits for 5 mins... its not host, i tried many of them. thats why i use filezilla, no such problems..
raildr
In Filezilla, just right click on the file (in the open FTP window on the server) and choose 'properties'. You will be presented with this box:

Either enter the number needed or check or uncheck boxes as needed.

To change several files at once, just hold down the control key before right clicking.
admans
I use cuteftp and flashfxp...both of them are awesome piece of work!!
mars
you can try flashFTP.
I think it is very good.
windval
all of the ftp clients can do this,right?
and i use smart ftp now
Ravi
me too using Smart FTP...all I like is Good Functionality and Good User Interface
LostOverThere
I use CoreFTP, its small in file size, and very simple to use.
reynaldosheppard
u can try http://www.ftp4net.com , it can do that for you.
dickyzin
I think WSFTP can do that.
jackill
Filezilla, but portable Smile No need to instal, just unpack. And aco Total Commander as FTP client.
albuferque
If Filezilla doesn't work for you, then you should try: FireFTP

http://fireftp.en.malavida.com/d1473-free-download-windows

Regards

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
silverdown
I use the pro verison of CoreFTP... but the free version is nice too!
funky_programmer
I usually use FileZilla to open my frihost FTP site. And I do change the permissions of my files frequently with it.

It's easy to use, you just have to look in the Remote site window and right click your directory. And then, from the menu, click File Attributes. From there you can change your permissions for the whole files in the directory. Don't forget to click Recurse in subdirectories option and Apply to all files and directories. And, you're done!

Hope this helps.
Da Rossa
People from here say Filezilla, the opensource FTP solution, is not only the best but it also has pretty all the capabilities the paid ones have.
Tuvitor
I like WinSCP for SFTP/SCP support. Filezilla is also one of my favorites.
weableandbob
I use net2ftp because it's browser based, although I believe there's a daily upload limit, so not sure how helpful it would be to you.